CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 01-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognelson77 View Post
Correction on your math $5,000,000 per 30 second advertisement divided by 111,300,000 viewers is $0.045 cost per viewer.

So if NHRA has average 500,000 viewers x .05 for each viewer add should cost $25,000. in comparison
Here is what companies paid NHRA for advertizing 2017:
http://forum.competitionplus.com/sho...2&postcount=64

The (TV) viewing audience for NHRA 2017:
http://forum.competitionplus.com/sho...2&postcount=68
Old 01-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognelson77 View Post
Correction on your math $5,000,000 per 30 second advertisement divided by 111,300,000 viewers is $0.045 cost per viewer.

So if NHRA has average 500,000 viewers x .05 for each viewer add should cost $25,000. in comparison
Your right and I should have checked my calculations as my costs were way too high to make sense. Even an ego ad buyer wouldn’t have gone there… maybe.

Thanks for the correction and welcome to the forum.
Old 01-11-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~~IKE~~~ View Post
Do a poll and I bet most people would prefer 2 lanes vs 4 lanes. Who else does this BS besides the owner of Vegas and Charlotte. 4 lanes was done 40 years ago with a big fail. Saw it at MIR, York. etc. Blah. But keep this BS hope alive
Sure - do a poll of die-hard drag racing fans (which make up MAYBE 20% of the general fan base that attends NHRA National Events) and you are correct - I'd be willing to say that 60% of those who visit this forum, and actual post would agree that two-way is better than four-way.

But here is a shocker for you - the other 80% of the fans that attend these events couldn't care less about 2 or 4 lanes.

So, what's the better decision....making changes to a sport to please the 20% or the 80%????
Old 01-11-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
Sure - do a poll of die-hard drag racing fans (which make up MAYBE 20% of the general fan base that attends NHRA National Events) and you are correct - I'd be willing to say that 60% of those who visit this forum, and actual post would agree that two-way is better than four-way.

But here is a shocker for you - the other 80% of the fans that attend these events couldn't care less about 2 or 4 lanes.

So, what's the better decision....making changes to a sport to please the 20% or the 80%????
Tim: Here's what I care about: Is the guy selling the big bags of popcorn on the south side of the strip still going to be there? That was the best popcorn. If not: tragedy.
Old 01-11-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post

I can agree with some of this but I also think when adding four way events that it should be done carefully and with seriousness. Otherwise you risk dipping over into "gimmick" racing which has produced even less fan retention and is short-lived in most cases. This is why I believe Charlotte is a points race, to ensure its taken seriously. The 80% have racing to watch because the 20% are paying for it to exist in many ways. You can't afford to lose the 20% so its a balance I think.
Old 01-12-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfRacer View Post
Tim: Here's what I care about: Is the guy selling the big bags of popcorn on the south side of the strip still going to be there? That was the best popcorn. If not: tragedy.
The REAL tragedy is the loss of the custard ice cream folks. That stuff was awesome. A big ole waffle cone for $7. Now it's milk ice cream for $10

My wife and I go to the spring Vegas race every year. It's our anniversary. I even had a heart attack when we got to Vegas on the Thursday before the race, went to the hospital, go out on Saturday night, and went to eliminations Sunday.

We will go the next few years to see if the 4-Wide can grow on us, but if not, we'll probly switch to Bristol <until Bruton changes that race too> or Pomona 1.
Old 01-12-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfRacer View Post
Him and the bloody mary guy...
Old 01-18-2018
Super Moderator

Old 01-18-2018
Super Moderator

Okay, educate me... I'm assuming the yellow bridge thing is rails the concrete pour-er moves back and forth on? Is the concrete sprayed or poured?

Just curious....
Old 01-18-2018

That is a bidwell...used to pour concrete decks on Bridge...It is being controlled by a wire guide to control the grade....

Looks like they are doing a "wet cure" on the concrete also.....the concrete is kept wet using burlap ....concrete will continue to suck water as it cures....this keeps the deck from having shrinkage cracks...

Probably used a concrete pump to place the concrete on the grade.