CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 05-13-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Gray View Post
I was very impressed that Shawn Langdon admitted that when his car was going 3.80s that the car was out of control because he mentally was behind the car. But, when he runs 4.00s he can drive it a lot better. I just don't think a lot of us fans realize just how much of a beast these cars really are. I have always said that there is nothing in this world I would not drive...I was wrong.
Remember last year with the set back zoomies all the drivers were saying they were finally drivers again?

If less glue does it, good for them, just did not see many crew chiefs trying to back down even though they were grenading motors and bodies left and right.
Old 05-13-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
Remember last year with the set back zoomies all the drivers were saying they were finally drivers again?

If less glue does it, good for them, just did not see many crew chiefs trying to back down even though they were grenading motors and bodies left and right.
I think they did much better at Atlanta. I didn't see any bodies blow off the cars and there were a lot of cars running pretty decent numbers. I think with in a few races we will see most of the cars consistently going down the track just like before except with a little slower et and mph... but with way less parts damage. NHRA supplies the teams a track to race on...it's the teams job to figure out how to make their car go down it...and they will. Hopefully if the cost of racing goes down a little and some of the lower budget teams start going rounds on a daily basis then maybe we will see some more cars start racing again. Because it sure wasn't looking good the direction it was going. imo
Old 05-13-2018

Ya, if it helps smaller teams I'm good with it. Still don't like NHRA promoting one thing, selling me tickets and changing the show. I let them know even though it was a waste of time.
Old 05-13-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecapnredfish View Post
Ya, if it helps smaller teams I'm good with it. Still don't like NHRA promoting one thing, selling me tickets and changing the show. I let them know even though it was a waste of time.
Okay, I love this.^^^ Its never a waste of time to voice your opinion to the appropriate people. As long as you can articulate constructively, I think people do listen. You may even get a reply back because its shows a business or organization that you are paying attention and took the time to comment. Nice job, consumer/race fan.
Old 05-13-2018

What if NHRA just said "go back to the old header angle" ? Instead of this "slippery" track.
Old 05-13-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by syclonedave View Post
What if NHRA just said "go back to the old header angle" ? Instead of this "slippery" track.
They already did change the funny car header angle at the start of the season...and you would still have top fuel dragsters to deal with. Maybe NHRA should just give this change a chance and see how it works out before they make any more rule changes.
Old 05-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Gray View Post
They already did change the funny car header angle at the start of the season...and you would still have top fuel dragsters to deal with. Maybe NHRA should just give this change a chance and see how it works out before they make any more rule changes.
I am not sure where they went though. I am pretty sure teams were at the angle.