CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > CompetitionPlus Forums > General discussion

Old 08-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post

All 3 went into Tony's temper footage again and nascar footage of their acceptance of this behavior. NBC's Brian Williams started his segment off by saying: "One person is dead and Tony is in a lot of trouble"
Yeah, that's gonna happen when you're a hot-head. If he wasn't one, they wouldn't have brought it up. Don't want that sort of attention in times like this? Don't be known as a hot-head.

Brian Williams is a NASCAR fan.
Old 08-11-2014

Why would Tony be "hot" about this non-incident? He made the pass and got the position...? He likely didn't even see the kid jump the cushion...

Connie Kalitta has thrown a helmet and torque wrench or five in the past...so, if he accidently steps on your kid's foot when exiting his pit area, he'd be a hot head? It's a stretch I know, but there was no reason for TS to be bent at the kid.
Old 08-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connected View Post
Why would Tony be "hot" about this non-incident? He made the pass and got the position...? He likely didn't even see the kid jump the cushion....
huh? Who's post are you referring too?
Old 08-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
*From the brief video that I saw, the contact was small and far from a punt, I was surprised that Kevin's car even spun.*

It was hard enough to piss the kid off enough that the kid wanted to confront Tony.

And Tony has no room to blame the kid, heck he was just doing wht he's seen Tony do dozens of times in the past.
I agree 100%.
The driver behind Tony....said Tony romped on his peddle intentionally swinging the ass end out.
Tony has a long history of confrontation and I donít think he meant to harm the kid but he has no excuse for his action.
Heíll be sued no doubt about that.

Gotta love it....
Old 08-12-2014

Looks pretty blatant to me...at the least Tony intentionally drove the kid out of his groove...leaving him no choice but to spin or take Tony out and wreck both cars.

If that happened at the Calistoga track to a locate kid Tony would have had paid a price on the spot.

I don't wish harm to anyone but Tony's going to pay heavy price for this one way or the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qILm...ctr=1407864780

Gotta love it....
Old 08-12-2014

I attend Canandaigua every week, and last Saturday was the first race I've missed all season because we were at the Night Under Fire. Thankfully, I wasn't there.

My view of it is that it was initially a racing incident between Ward and Stewart that put Ward in the wall. What he did after was not very smart and he paid the consequences by getting too close. And the track is absolutely not at fault. The lighting is just fine, I'm there every week.

Now, here is another view I would like to share. Not that this is the issue at all, but I would like to throw it out there. Kevin just got wrecked by Stewart. Kevin thinks, "Here is my chance to make a name for myself if I am able to successfully retaliate against a NASCAR star. I'll even make the news." If it was another driver, would Ward have reacted the same?

And here is another thing: The 45 car is "The Cobra" Chuck Hebing. If visibility for Stewart was a factor in him hitting him, how does Chuck feel? He could have the thoughts of, "If my car wasn't in the way, Tony would've seen Kevin better and not hit him." There's a lot of things that come to mind.
Old 08-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenroy56 View Post
I agree 100%.
The driver behind Tony....said Tony romped on his peddle intentionally swinging the ass end out.
Tony has a long history of confrontation and I don’t think he meant to harm the kid but he has no excuse for his action.
He’ll be sued no doubt about that.
I'm not sure what you're implying he can be sued for. Tony's aggressive racing or Tony hitting Ward after he exited his car and was attempting to confront Tony? I'm about 1,000% sure it wasn't Tony's intention to hit the kid and I don't think agressive racing is a sueable offense.
Old 08-12-2014

I have gotten three different links to the opposite side of the track video that clearly has an engine revving right when Tony fishtailed. They have all been taken down.

I still say, you play that shoe on the other foot game with that game of chicken we saw, if it was stewart spun he would have been on the track pointing ward out, Ward would have gotten as close as he could to make tony flinch.

I just hope people learned lessons. Just like with Robin Williams killing himself, use a tragedy to help others you may know.
Old 08-12-2014

Default 2 years in a row out of countdown due to non-nascar events?

Quote:
Tony Stewart has not decided whether he will race this weekend in Michigan, the three-time NASCAR champion's team said Monday.

Meanwhile, the bizarre incident has unleashed a torrent of public debate about who might have been at fault in the fatality.

As the video of the incident went viral on the Internet, the public reaction was divided into four camps: Those who blamed Ward for standing in harm's way, those who thought Stewart was responsible, those who blamed both drivers and those who urged everyone to stop trying to find blame until the investigation is finished.

The emotional reaction was heated. Jeremie Corcoran, the promoter at Canandaigua Motorsports Park, said in a statement that the track took down its Facebook page early Sunday morning "due to insensitive and hateful comments" about the incident.

As for Stewart's NASCAR career, a lot is riding on whether he decides to race Sunday at Michigan International Speedway.

Stewart already has missed one NASCAR race after pulling out of Sunday's event in Watkins Glen, N.Y., in the aftermath of the fatal incident. He is in 21st place in the driver standings and is in danger of missing NASCAR's Chase for the Cup playoff.

If Stewart misses more NASCAR races, it could mean continuing reduced exposure for his main sponsors, such as Mobil 1 motor oil and the Bass Pro Shops retail chain, which help pay the $20 million or so a year it costs to race his car each year.
Full article:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...812-story.html

More sponsor news:
Quote:
...a marketing expert told The Post on Monday that it’s likely only a matter of time before they start jumping ship, even if Stewart is never criminally prosecuted.

A rep for Coca-Cola, one of Stewart’s 21 sponsors, only said Monday: “We haven’t made a decision about our plans,” The manufacturer of the leading soft drink — NASCAR’s official sparkling beverage since 1998 — stopped short of promising that its sponsorship of Stewart wouldn’t change.

...sports marketer Ben Sturner predicted that many would ultimately leave the racing champ. “I think they’ll wait a bit,” said Sturner, who runs the New York-based Leverage Agency and believes contractual issues could delay the anticipated exodus. But “blue-chip sponsors are going to have real issues” with what happened on the dirt track in Canandaigua, he said. Sturner even expects some sponsors to invoke “morals clauses” likely contained in their endorsement agreements with Stewart. These clauses spell out unacceptable behavior for an endorser associated with a brand.

And it doesn’t have to be criminal behavior, either.

Much will depend on the results of the police investigation, experts said. The degree to which video of the horrific accident goes viral also could play a role, they said. The exit of sponsors would be a blow to Stewart-Haas Racing, which features Stewart and three other Nascar racers.

Forbes valued the team at $148 million in February 2014, making it Nascar’s fourth most valuable franchise.
http://nypost.com/2014/08/11/tony-st...relationships/
Old 08-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
I have gotten three different links to the opposite side of the track video that clearly has an engine revving right when Tony fishtailed. They have all been taken down.
You mean when Ward was out walking on the track? If so, I suppose the significance of his fishtailing would be that he was supposed to be going slow while under the caution flag?

Fir the record, I am a fan of NO NASCAR driver nor do I dislike anyone of them. I just don't follow that style of racing. Drag racers know where the finish line is. We don't need to keep driving in circles for hundreds of miles looking for it.