CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 01-19-2018
Administrator

Arrow 2018 Fantasy Racing Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukiray View Post
My picks are in for Pomona!! Willy, where are you??? The site is up, I was able to log in!! We need you to get us our team please!!! Lol!!
Ray.
I'll do so Ray.

It just so happened that the Commish sent out an email last night with the following message...

Attention NHRA fantasy racing fans: Your gaming future is uncertain. We're keeping the site live until it becomes obvious no sponsor, or fan who wants to start a GoFundMe campaign, or a dragstrip wants to step up and help. FYI, The Commish is a HUGE drag racing fan but at some point reality shakes its ugly head. Site maintenance and scoring takes time and money (about what a decent laptop from Costco costs). God bless the NHRA who agrees a fantasy game is a good idea (unless they have to pay for it) so everything is TBD.
So go ahead and put in your Pomona starters, and yours truly will update the pick info as it becomes available, and let's be optimistic we can continue on.

As I said, I will proceed as normal. I would hope those that were part of the game last season, as well as previous season will return.

I will also do what I can to help The Commish out in his effort to secure some sponsorship funding.

----------------------------
Old 01-19-2018

I'm in.

Have to defend the title.

Who cares?
Old 01-19-2018

I just seen the email, if we have to pay more that is fine with me. Is there a way we can do our own system if this gets canceled?
Old 01-21-2018

Already got my picks in. Just need our team so I can be on it again!!
Ray.
Old 02-01-2018

All I hear in here is crickets!!!
Ray.
Old 02-02-2018
Administrator

Arrow

Follow ups and updates.....

There is nothing new, other than the fact the game is up. If you registered in prior years, your registration should still be valid. If your previous registration is not taking, please contact me. If you've not played before and would like to join in, post here or PM me.

The game is taking your picks... Get them in, we play as normal until we hear otherwise.

http://fmfl.net/

We have heard nothing on the sponsorship front. The Commish and I have made inquiries. He in fact asked NHRA for assistance and was told they have no problem with the game's existence, but would not support it monetarily.

I am not certain why there is no fee at this point. That would go a long way to helping here, although it would not cover the entire operational cost, which is what the Commish is looking for. Nothing more. No profit on his part.

To answer Scott's question on going it alone should this fold... The short answer is I'm not certain.
The long answer, I do know that a significant amount of time would be required to set it up, tally points, etc. Basically the same logistics of the current game, but on a smaller scale. Doing so for this season is likely not possible. Future, that has to be investigated.

Something to remember. When NHRA and companies such as CSK supported the game, there were around 2000 registered players. Prizes were given by CSK for significant game accomplishments. This attracted more players.

As that outside financial support began to go away, along with the prizes, the number of players declined. Fees to play were instituted to pay for the time that goes into it. Player count declined again. In order to commit our support one season, I paid for a dozen of our players which helped keep it going. In the 2017 season there were about 200 registered players.

In a way, this is a microcosm of what has happened in NHRA Championship Drag Racing.....

Old 02-02-2018

i'm in.what about $$$$?
Old 02-04-2018

made my picks. hope we can stick around
Old 02-05-2018
Administrator

We're giving it a Go!

Typical deadline to get your picks in....Friday 2 PM ET.

Old 02-05-2018

Thanks Willie. Picks are in.

Ray

Tags
2018, fantasy league, fmfl