CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 05-01-2018
Super Moderator

Default News From Pacific Raceways

"Pacific Raceways is excited to report that after 10 years of diligent work, on Monday April 30th King County Department of Permitting and Environmental Review issued a SEPA (State Environmental Policy Act) Threshold Determination of Mitigated Determination of Non-Significance in association of our Interim Use Permit application filed last December.

In simple terms this means that it has been determined that our project, with mitigation, poses no significant negative environmental impact. Pacific Raceways has applied for the right to excavate 1 million yards of gravel and construct 205,000 square feet of commercial/industrial space catering to auto enthusiasts, traditional motorsports businesses, and the Pacific Innovation Center.

We are pleased to announce that Phase I, 80,000 square feet of space involving 2 buildings, is already reserved and will likely break ground in August of this year. Announcements will be made concerning timing of additional space availability, but you are encouraged, if interested, to add your name and space needs to the reservation list accessible through our website. We anticipate that the remaining 125,000 feet will be absorbed quickly.

Thank you to all that helped, supported, and testified during the long process. Although there is much more to do, this is a major milestone passed in the quest for a world class facility supported by an active commercial development engine funding long needed improvements.

Additional information will be provided as it becomes available.

See you at the track! Jason Fiorito, President"
Old 05-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
"Pacific Raceways is excited to report that after 10 years of diligent work, on Monday April 30th King County Department of Permitting and Environmental Review issued a SEPA (State Environmental Policy Act) Threshold Determination of Mitigated Determination of Non-Significance in association of our Interim Use Permit application filed last December.

In simple terms this means that it has been determined that our project, with mitigation, poses no significant negative environmental impact. Pacific Raceways has applied for the right to excavate 1 million yards of gravel and construct 205,000 square feet of commercial/industrial space catering to auto enthusiasts, traditional motorsports businesses, and the Pacific Innovation Center.

We are pleased to announce that Phase I, 80,000 square feet of space involving 2 buildings, is already reserved and will likely break ground in August of this year. Announcements will be made concerning timing of additional space availability, but you are encouraged, if interested, to add your name and space needs to the reservation list accessible through our website. We anticipate that the remaining 125,000 feet will be absorbed quickly.

Thank you to all that helped, supported, and testified during the long process. Although there is much more to do, this is a major milestone passed in the quest for a world class facility supported by an active commercial development engine funding long needed improvements.

Additional information will be provided as it becomes available.

See you at the track! Jason Fiorito, President"
So do you know what does it really mean for the actual drag strip Yvonne? Wayyy back the master plan was to turn the track so the sun was not an issue in the afternoon.

Thanks, Brian
Old 05-02-2018

I love this term! - Mitigated Determination of Non-Significance
Old 05-02-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.guggenmos View Post
So do you know what does it really mean for the actual drag strip Yvonne? Wayyy back the master plan was to turn the track so the sun was not an issue in the afternoon.

Thanks, Brian
Brian, as I understand it the original plan was to remove the drag strip completely from the current road course and put it north/south direction yes. Once they put in the go-kart track in that area I started doubting it would happen. I have a hunch they are worried that moving the track closer to the freeway will have more of a noise impact on the housing across the freeway where they built all the new residential. Those neighbors complained about the gas go-karts and got them banned! Also, its probably contingent in part to selling the commercial property they're talking about in this press release and raising the funds they'd need to move the track. I could be completely wrong, but I don't see it happening in the near future.
Old 05-11-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
Brian, as I understand it the original plan was to remove the drag strip completely from the current road course and put it north/south direction yes. Once they put in the go-kart track in that area I started doubting it would happen. I have a hunch they are worried that moving the track closer to the freeway will have more of a noise impact on the housing across the freeway where they built all the new residential. Those neighbors complained about the gas go-karts and got them banned! Also, its probably contingent in part to selling the commercial property they're talking about in this press release and raising the funds they'd need to move the track. I could be completely wrong, but I don't see it happening in the near future.
Thanks Yvonne. I have been out of town since my post. I hope they continue with at least a few improvements to the facility? I also don't think the day will ever come to move the track from it's existing location? Brian