CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-05-2018
Thecapnredfish Thecapnredfish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 558
Default

Way to go Matt. Not afraid to say what a joke of a show. NHRA should go ahead and issue refunds.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-05-2018
Western Flyer Western Flyer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecapnredfish View Post
Way to go Matt. Not afraid to say what a joke of a show. NHRA should go ahead and issue refunds.
Refunds? Like that is never going to happen.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-05-2018
Grampy96 Grampy96 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 470
Default

So before round three NomexEffect which is Shaun and JR sent a tweet saying that due to cooler weather and cooler track conditions the mix would be 70/30 for Q3. Yesterday it was 75/25. Beckman eluded to that possibility yesterday when interviewed about the new prep. My question is how is this affecting trying to get a handle on track conditions? Or is that even a valid question? It just seems that if the track is prepped the same way each time then thatís a constant and one less variable.......

The other thing is that other than just mentioning track prep Iíve never heard anyone talk about or say in past years how the track was prepped. Did they use the same percentage mix for each and every race, or did they change it depending on track condidions?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-05-2018
Tim Charlet's Avatar
Tim Charlet Tim Charlet is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampy96 View Post
So before round three NomexEffect which is Shaun and JR sent a tweet saying that due to cooler weather and cooler track conditions the mix would be 70/30 for Q3. Yesterday it was 75/25. Beckman eluded to that possibility yesterday when interviewed about the new prep. My question is how is this affecting trying to get a handle on track conditions? Or is that even a valid question? It just seems that if the track is prepped the same way each time then thatís a constant and one less variable.......

The other thing is that other than just mentioning track prep Iíve never heard anyone talk about or say in past years how the track was prepped. Did they use the same percentage mix for each and every race, or did they change it depending on track condidions?
There are several variables that go into determining the track prep process at an NHRA National Event - so it's very difficult to provide a black and white answer to this question.

I'll say this - the topic of NHRA Track Prep 101 would be a VERY INTERESTING READ that would explain the variables (GENERALLY SPEAKING) and how those variables impact the percentage of "GLUE" used.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-05-2018
Roger Gates Roger Gates is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wofford Heights Ca
Posts: 1,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampy96 View Post
The other thing is that other than just mentioning track prep Iíve never heard anyone talk about or say in past years how the track was prepped. Did they use the same percentage mix for each and every race, or did they change it depending on track conditions?
Beside that it may be good to know if the product they are using is exactly the same formula and even the same brand.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-05-2018
Grampy96 Grampy96 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Gates View Post
Beside that it may be good to know if the product they are using is exactly the same formula and even the same brand.
Interesting. I assumed the brand and formula for making it would be the same thinking that they probably had a contractor who supplied it, and might even test it from time to time to make sure of consistancy. The way they regulate everything else it seemed logical to me. But that does beg the question......

As for track prep 101, that would be something interesting to read. As again I assumed that the way it was prepped prior to Gainesville was the same at every track. I read different racing forums and donít remeber ever coming across a detailed explanation of exactly what goes into prepping, or how itís regulated, or if it even is, other than the obvious.

This subject might even make an interesting Nitro School with Alan. Thanks for the answer.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-05-2018
kosky racing kosky racing is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 82
Default track prep

Read post#2
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-05-2018
Yvonne* Yvonne* is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosky racing View Post
Read post#2
Yet nobody has offered an alternative plan. I think they want the class to stay in 3.90- 4.0 range. What would be their options to make that happen while remaining somewhat cost effective?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-05-2018
shaketown dave's Avatar
shaketown dave shaketown dave is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: lake isabella,ca
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a21stud View Post
Big and Ace have lived nitro racing a long time
and so has roger.and still does
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-05-2018
HEMI_guy HEMI_guy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10,234
Default

It will be interesting to learn if the new track prep played a factor in the T/S crash today or not.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.