CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Way to go Matt. Not afraid to say what a joke of a show. NHRA should go ahead and issue refunds.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecapnredfish View Post
Way to go Matt. Not afraid to say what a joke of a show. NHRA should go ahead and issue refunds.
Refunds? Like that is never going to happen.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

So before round three NomexEffect which is Shaun and JR sent a tweet saying that due to cooler weather and cooler track conditions the mix would be 70/30 for Q3. Yesterday it was 75/25. Beckman eluded to that possibility yesterday when interviewed about the new prep. My question is how is this affecting trying to get a handle on track conditions? Or is that even a valid question? It just seems that if the track is prepped the same way each time then thatís a constant and one less variable.......

The other thing is that other than just mentioning track prep Iíve never heard anyone talk about or say in past years how the track was prepped. Did they use the same percentage mix for each and every race, or did they change it depending on track condidions?
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampy96 View Post
So before round three NomexEffect which is Shaun and JR sent a tweet saying that due to cooler weather and cooler track conditions the mix would be 70/30 for Q3. Yesterday it was 75/25. Beckman eluded to that possibility yesterday when interviewed about the new prep. My question is how is this affecting trying to get a handle on track conditions? Or is that even a valid question? It just seems that if the track is prepped the same way each time then thatís a constant and one less variable.......

The other thing is that other than just mentioning track prep Iíve never heard anyone talk about or say in past years how the track was prepped. Did they use the same percentage mix for each and every race, or did they change it depending on track condidions?
There are several variables that go into determining the track prep process at an NHRA National Event - so it's very difficult to provide a black and white answer to this question.

I'll say this - the topic of NHRA Track Prep 101 would be a VERY INTERESTING READ that would explain the variables (GENERALLY SPEAKING) and how those variables impact the percentage of "GLUE" used.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampy96 View Post
The other thing is that other than just mentioning track prep Iíve never heard anyone talk about or say in past years how the track was prepped. Did they use the same percentage mix for each and every race, or did they change it depending on track conditions?
Beside that it may be good to know if the product they are using is exactly the same formula and even the same brand.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Gates View Post
Beside that it may be good to know if the product they are using is exactly the same formula and even the same brand.
Interesting. I assumed the brand and formula for making it would be the same thinking that they probably had a contractor who supplied it, and might even test it from time to time to make sure of consistancy. The way they regulate everything else it seemed logical to me. But that does beg the question......

As for track prep 101, that would be something interesting to read. As again I assumed that the way it was prepped prior to Gainesville was the same at every track. I read different racing forums and donít remeber ever coming across a detailed explanation of exactly what goes into prepping, or how itís regulated, or if it even is, other than the obvious.

This subject might even make an interesting Nitro School with Alan. Thanks for the answer.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default track prep

Read post#2
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosky racing View Post
Read post#2
Yet nobody has offered an alternative plan. I think they want the class to stay in 3.90- 4.0 range. What would be their options to make that happen while remaining somewhat cost effective?
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by a21stud View Post
Big and Ace have lived nitro racing a long time
and so has roger.and still does
Old 2 Weeks Ago

It will be interesting to learn if the new track prep played a factor in the T/S crash today or not.