CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 06-11-2018

Default E town could be racing again

This is from a track employee. and another source The deal to make it a used car lot LOL is not gonna go through, (counted chickens before they were hatched) now they have no option. But there is tension among the brothers and there are rumored buyers- of course Burton Smith is one of them. I was also told they went to the town and informed them that the track will re open for racing.

This is the kicker, they do not want to be an NHRA track, (old news) rather they want to host events like street outlaws racing and no prep. Not sure about this part, but I am about the first paragraph.
Old 06-11-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdogbmx View Post
This is the kicker, they do not want to be an NHRA track, (old news) rather they want to host events like street outlaws racing and no prep. Not sure about this part, but I am about the first paragraph.
I thought that was very interesting when Alan said on the PA during the event that E-town called and said they didn't want us (NHRA) anymore and you guys jumped right in to have us.
Old 06-11-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by de31168 View Post
I thought that was very interesting when Alan said on the PA during the event that E-town called and said they didn't want us (NHRA) anymore and you guys jumped right in to have us.
Well, he didn't lie.
Old 06-11-2018

Unless there have been major improvements at VMP, all that happened was they traded a dump for a dump.
Old 06-11-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Western Flyer View Post
Unless there have been major improvements at VMP, all that happened was they traded a dump for a dump.
I don't know much of anything about VMP or what was wrong or otherwise, but Franklin only bought it 8 months ago.
Quote:
Before the ink was even dry on the purchase agreement of VMP Franklin and his team started making improvements to the track. A brand new all-concrete surface has been installed from the starting line to the quarter-mile mark. The track’s drainage was also addressed to help eliminate the water seeping issues the track had in the past. The new surface was pressed into service right away with the Loose Rocker Promotions St. Patrick’s Classic that attracted a healthy car count.
Quote:
“We plan to do a lot of clean up and painting of the tower, bathrooms, along with general beautification of the property. Also, hopefully before the start of the season or shortly thereafter we will have new racetrack lighting. This is a lot for the first year, but we really want to make a statement that we are here to make this place a great facility. In the future, we will continue to improve the 60 acres of flat ground and 35 acres of asphalt as well. There will are plans to begin refurbishing the tower suites for the drag strip. We also want to expand the Hot Rod Grill and add additional seating to the Truck/Tractor/Mud venue,” Franklin says.
http://www.dragzine.com/news/frankli...orsports-park/

Who cares?
Old 06-11-2018

Quote:
Awesome improvements and a great place to race with very excited fans.
Old 06-12-2018

Quote:
I'd rather be at a dump in Virginia than a dump in New Jersey.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Englishtown a dump ? That's untrue. It's still A National Event capable Super Track facility. It needs upgrades , and I guess the junkyard was the easy way out . Remember the Napp's dumped NHRA , not the other way around .
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockerGTP View Post
I'd rather be at a dump in Virginia than a dump in New Jersey.
Not me! - Don't stereotype. Just because there are many s***holes in NJ doesn't mean the whole state is one. Many beautiful parts of NJ and Old Bridge Raceway Park was a top notch venue. Never been to "Dimwiddie" but I'd wager ETown a big cut above.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcc9000 View Post
Not me! - Don't stereotype. Just because there are many s***holes in NJ doesn't mean the whole state is one. Many beautiful parts of NJ and Old Bridge Raceway Park was a top notch venue. Never been to "Dimwiddie" but I'd wager ETown a big cut above.
Actually Virginia has nicer facilities. Clean newer bathrooms, yes less grandstands but staging lanes nice as well as pit area, mostly paved.
And the racing surface is smooth concrete for the full 1/4 mile.

And plenty of shutdown.