CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2008
SundayNiagara

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
I actually think NHRA should post warm up warnings for nitro. I've complained for years about a one or two minute warning for fans to clear out. Last year we were in the nitro tent when one of Force's cars started up. The burning smell came right into the tent choking some of the children. We took the kids and ran. To dangerous for the eyes and lungs. But nothing like two PS's in a staging battle and then listen to those 1500 hp motors bring the revs up. Come on Maple Grove!! For me it's hands down the most exciting moment in sports.
Find something else to do!
Old 08-13-2008

Warnings

Crowd of people around pit area
Drivers and crew members donning respirators
Starter engaging to find oil pressure
starter turning engine being run on methanol
car being turned off, is usually the warning another is gonna start in the later rounds.
count to 32 first round, 16 second round 8 third round etc.

Just wear your pocket protector and keep a notebook handy.

and stay out of "Nitro tents" if you dont like the smell of nitro.

Moldex N95 respirators with exhale valves will also help. They are available at industrial supply stores everywhere.

Also, if you are worried about the children, find a sitter, keep them in the stands and dont take them into harms way.

Paying attention gives you at least three minutes.
Old 08-13-2008
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheridiot
Warnings

Crowd of people around pit area
Drivers and crew members donning respirators
Starter engaging to find oil pressure
starter turning engine being run on methanol
car being turned off, is usually the warning another is gonna start in the later rounds.
count to 32 first round, 16 second round 8 third round etc.

and stay out of "Nitro tents" if you dont like the smell of nitro.

Moldex N95 respirators with exhale valves will also help. They are available at industrial supply stores everywhere.

Also, if you are worried about the children, find a sitter, keep them in the stands and dont take them into harms way.

Paying attention gives you at least three minutes.
Thanks Idoit, some good suggestions here. I think I'll take the kids to the Pro Stock and Sportsman areas at Maple Grove. I'll keep the kids away from the nitro tent and stop at the Pro Stock stands. I always get the kids some Nitro Fish PS shirts. We'll try the Moldex N95's on the kids when we sit in the stands near the nitros.
Old 08-13-2008

Moldex 2500 would be the best disposable because they filter acid gas as well, a 2300 is decent if you cant find the 2500. The n95 stands for filtering out 95% and even go up to 100%.
Old 08-13-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheridiot
Warnings

Attached Images
File Type: jpg nerd.jpg (37.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-13-2008

wow guys, gas masks are seriously lame. If you're that worried about it, maybe you should just stay home.
Old 08-13-2008
SundayNiagara

Quote:
Thanks Idoit, some good suggestions here. I think I'll take the kids to the Pro Stock and Sportsman areas at Maple Grove. I'll keep the kids away from the nitro tent and stop at the Pro Stock stands. I always get the kids some Nitro Fish PS shirts. We'll try the Moldex N95's on the kids when we sit in the stands near the nitros.
Geez, how will they ever learn to like drag racing?
Old 08-14-2008

Just trying to protect his children, dont you think the world is already against them?

We started bringing full faceshields to the nostalgia events when drivers thought they were cool to get out of the car with tears in their eyes. Being 5 feet away from a AA/FD during warmup were some of the best experiences I ever had.

Plus, if you want to be left alone in public, other than a pocket protector, wearing a half mask is the best way for people to leave you alone without getting completely obnoxious.
Old 08-14-2008

Quote:
The competition in PS is smoken Hot. Many cars are capable of winning. I don't remember a time when the racing was so close. The Summit, Cagnassi, Johnson teams and guys like AJ, Humphreys, Edwards, Krisher along with many others are capable of winning. The matchups are really exciting when these cars pull to the line. When ESPN announcer Dunn says that this will be a huge race as the PS's light the bulbs he isn't kidding. It's great racing when a loser can set low et of the race, I believe Krisher did and lose.
Larry since I don't watch Pro stock I rely on your posts to keep me informed on who wins!
Old 08-14-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nater99
wow guys, gas masks are seriously lame. If you're that worried about it, maybe you should just stay home.
YOU got that right!!!! but seriously guys this kind of talk & complaining is what the NHRA tries to cater too,And frankly I dont know why,they have a quick turnaround now because too many fans complain about its past there bedtime,Now we have folks saying the pits should be off limits to the fans.I wish the people who cant take it would stay home and knit with there Grandma or play bobbin for apples.
Closed Thread

Tags
crazy talk