CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
That's right, Gene, my two boys and I were up at Brainerd today and Tony Schumacher put down a 4.44@337 qualifying pass to put him in the number 1 position for tomorrows finals. He backed that up with a slowish 4.48@330.
Lagana's 4.48/338, which on the surface doesn't sound much better than Schumacher's 12 year old effort, came with pedestrian-like (by today's standards) 3.83 short numbers. Had Leah Pruitt made that run and been able to replicate her 3.64 at Brainerd, we'd be looking at a 4.28-.29/345 pass, assuming the car would have stayed together. Plus, considering the cars weigh about 200 pounds more than they did in 2005, nitro racing HAS come a long way.
Old 1 Week Ago

If the NHRA kept the 1/4 mile timers in place for a nitro session, I'd be super interested to see what kinda times these guys and gals still register. Even though they're off the throttle by 1100ft and throwing the chutes just shy of the 1/4 mile mark, I think it'd surprise a lot of us what numbers are still recorded.
I wondered that especially after Hight v Hagan's 3.79-3.80 at Brainerd.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twostep View Post
Lagana's 4.48/338, which on the surface doesn't sound much better than Schumacher's 12 year old effort, came with pedestrian-like (by today's standards) 3.83 short numbers. Had Leah Pruitt made that run and been able to replicate her 3.64 at Brainerd, we'd be looking at a 4.28-.29/345 pass, assuming the car would have stayed together. Plus, considering the cars weigh about 200 pounds more than they did in 2005, nitro racing HAS come a long way.
just some perspective since people seem to have forgotten when racing was racing. I believe they all might be pushing 50% more fuel at this time as well.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer12306 View Post
http://i65.tinypic.com/29onayq.jpg

Posting this here.

Look at that 1000' time. Is a tenth decrease in 1000' time equal to a tenth decrease in 1/4 time? Or more than a tenth in 1/4 time?

3.65 in 1000' = 4.30? 1/4 mile

Assuming it can live that long
Agreed 100% Twostep.

Would be very curious to see what they run in the 1/4 full bore.

Who cares?
Old 1 Week Ago

All they have to do is grow a pair and do it. Until then, it's all chatter that carries no weight.

Congrats on the low-budget Lagana's for actually doing it. It makes me like them even more.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Bennett View Post
I wondered that especially after Hight v Hagan's 3.79-3.80 at Brainerd.
Robert Hight, back in 2007, I believe, ran the quickest recorded 1/4 mile FC pass at 4.63 - and the 1000' number on that pass was 3.95. So what would a 3.79 equate to? Boggles the mind to think about it.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post

Congrats on the low-budget Lagana's for actually doing it. It makes me like them even more.
That's possible?

Always a Lagana fan. After he crashed in NY 20+ years ago, it's amazing how well he fared and was able to race again.

For those that don't know, he had the throttle hang and he went off the end of the longest shut down on the east coast, across the track entry road, into the corn field.

I was out in front of our RV at about the 1000' mark.

Who cares?
Old 1 Week Ago

I'll never forget the first time I saw their ramp truck hauler in the fuel pits at Indy years ago. "MOM" on their 3 hole injector hat after they had, then, recently lost her was pretty cool too.