CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Winternationals Crowds

Hate to be the one to point this out but the pictures of the FC final shows a lot of open seats.
Old 1 Week Ago

Saturday was jammed.
Saturday night I got sick and didn't make it to track. But it's the LA crowd...just like the Dodgers....get there late and leave early.
Old 1 Week Ago

I thought Sunday had about the same amount of people as Sundays of the past several years - the stands were maybe about 80% full. I was thinking there might be a much bigger crowd though, since for the first time in many years I heard and saw many ads for the race on radio and TV in the LA area. I even saw a few billboards. NHRA did a great job with getting the word out about the race. So I was a bit disappointed the Sunday crowd saw no improvement as far as I could tell. Glad to hear that there may have been a real good crowd on Sat though.
Old 1 Week Ago

Maybe they crowd is more interested in tracking down that Jenner thing and get a selfie. People don't care much about cars anymore.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecapnredfish View Post
Maybe they crowd is more interested in tracking down that Jenner thing and get a selfie. People don't care much about cars anymore.
They would know Jenner before the mongoose I bet
Old 1 Week Ago

Most events work on 60% attendence to cover the nut, the rest becomes profit, worrying does not begin till attendence drops below 50% below capacity
Old 1 Week Ago

On Saturday the crowd at the fence was 3 deep. And I'm still perplexed about all the people still walking around in the pits when the main show is going on. Q4 Saturday I went to the top row of Sec. 8 to verify what I've said before...lots of people not in the stands but at the fence, in the pits and buying beer!
Old 1 Week Ago

Crowd seemed huge on Saturday. I got there about 11am and pitside parking was sold out-that has never happened to me before. Sunday a lot of people may have left early due to Round 1 taking two hours, making the show run late. For the first time in many years I had to leave after the semifinals to catch my flight. Hate leaving any sporting event early...
Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfRacer View Post
On Saturday the crowd at the fence was 3 deep. And I'm still perplexed about all the people still walking around in the pits when the main show is going on. Q4 Saturday I went to the top row of Sec. 8 to verify what I've said before...lots of people not in the stands but at the fence, in the pits and buying beer!

I'm one of those people in the pits! You should never try to justify what people do inside the gate as long as you got their money at the gate.

My home track is Joliet, but I've been to enough races and seen enough passes that I don't mind walking around when the nitro cars are on track because the crowds aren't there. I've been everywhere - near the starting line, in the tower, on the tower, next to the tower, under the tower, in the stands at the burnout area, the starting line, the 660ft mark, stood along the fence right across from the finish line, in the parking lot next to the shut down area. Sometimes I'll lean on the fence at the staging lanes, watch them line up, watch the guys and gals suit up and strap in, bs with some of the crew guys. I understand some track layouts may not provide all of these areas to be accessible.

Being a Pro Stock fan its the best chance to catch them when they get back and start working. Eventually the nitro cars start towing back and you can get some nice up close pictures with unobstructed views if you like. Or grab a driver that just hops out of a truck instead of waiting in an autograph line. If there is a potential for a world record I might make my way to the stands, but otherwise I don't care as much about the on track action. I am surprised also at the people who choose to stand sometimes 5 or 6 deep at the fence line instead of having a seat, but that is their viewing preference. They want to be down close to the thundering rush. I don't look at the grandstand crowd to judge attendance. You really can't unless you close the pits and you ban people from standing on the fence.