CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 04-18-2018

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
Very interesting - so - essentially the biggest difference between Stock and Super Stock is that you can enhance "Stock Cylinder Heads"? But in either class, you have to use the OEM stock head - correct?
In the Super Stock modified classes you are allowed many engine modifications. There are 3 modified classes - Super Stock modified which consists of SS/AM which is Super Stock A modified through SS/GM which is Super Stock G modified. These classes are allowed the most extensive engine modifications as evidenced by the 7.87@172.83 class record in SS/AM.
Super Stock modified Stock which consists of SS/AS which is Super Stock A modified stock through SS/GS which is SS G modified Stock. These classes are allowed engine modifications but not as many as in Super Stock modified.
Super Stock Experimental which consists of SS/AX which is Super Stock A experimental through SS/EX which is Super Stock E experimental and SS/VX.
In the "traditional" Super Stock classes (SS/A through SS/P and SS/AA through SS/PA), the 3 main differences between them and a Stocker are they can use any size rear tire that will fit in the wheelwell while Stockers (including the Factory Stock Showdown cars) are restricted to a 9 inch tire, they can use any camshaft which Stockers cannot, and they can use any intake manifold that conforms to the configuration of the original manifold which Stockers cannot. They cannot make extensive engine modifications like the modified classes can. I don't have the rulebook in front of me as I am writing this, so I can't be any more specific than I have been; but this will give you a general idea. If you have any questions or need clarification about anything, send me a Private Message and I will be glad to help. And remember, check out Classracer.com; the knowledge and information there is beyond extensive.
Old 04-18-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
Very interesting - so - essentially the biggest difference between Stock and Super Stock is that you can enhance "Stock Cylinder Heads"? But in either class, you have to use the OEM stock head - correct?
Yes and no.. the new FS cars dont have an aftermarket head..and don't need one.. those heads flow like gangbusters. The things they are doing to the superchargers...well... next subj
Old 04-18-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStocker View Post
Yes and no.. the new FS cars dont have an aftermarket head..and don't need one.. those heads flow like gangbusters. The things they are doing to the superchargers...well... next subj
In stock they run a 9in tire..in SS..we run bigger tires, 32 and 33 x14.5
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Chevrolet Reveals Electric eCOPO Camaro at SEMA
By Andrew Nabors October 30, 2018

https://blog.dupontregistry.com/chev...InfAl-b6_uByNE

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Chevrolet eCOPO Camaro Concept is a 700-HP Electric Drag Racer
Capable of running 9-second quarter miles

Collin Woodard October 30, 2018

https://www.motortrend.com/news/chev...ic-drag-racer/

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Also keep in mind that many of the top running engines are designed to self destruct after 6 or 7 runs.
i believe jeff turk said he could not run the one race because he ran out of engines.

kinda sounds like prostock money

i
'
Old 1 Week Ago

the Copos come factory with CNC heads, and the max head volume as spec'd by GM is larger than what they actually come, so there is room for improvement in the heads, since they are CNC and the toolpath is visible, any CNC program that leaves the head below max cc is "legal" because there is no template or way to know if the head has been worked on. I believe the fords and teh current dodges are the same, factory CNC.