CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
At one point NHRA was considering allowing the pro charger in Pro Mod. I heard they will probably not allow it 2019. At the World Series of Pro Mod @Bandimere, Zack Sackman was driving a Camaro with a pro charger in Top Sportsman. After the promods had run to end the night, he made an exhibition run to see how quick it would go. He went 5.99, around .15 slower than the turbo cars that night. It is definitely an interesting combo to watch going forward. I want to see it happen to bring more guys into the class but I donít want it to kill any of the other combinations. Only a few nitrous drivers left as it is now.
I see no benefit or upside of running a procharger. And they could make racing a bunch cheaper by allowing PSI screws.... but that would make guys like Chuck Ford and Mike Janis very unhappy.
Old 1 Week Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
I see no benefit or upside of running a procharger. And they could make racing a bunch cheaper by allowing PSI screws.... but that would make guys like Chuck Ford and Mike Janis very unhappy.
I see no benefit either and most who tried a procharger (and went back to a blower) would say the same. But I will say that it is the NHRA PM series that is single-handedly responsible for the leaps and bounds the turbo cars made in the last 10 years so maybe allowing prochargers could be a good thing for procharger development.

Screws will never happen in this series. If the Sheikh couldn't talk NHRA into it I don't think you're going to find anyone else who could.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
I see no benefit either and most who tried a procharger (and went back to a blower) would say the same. But I will say that it is the NHRA PM series that is single-handedly responsible for the leaps and bounds the turbo cars made in the last 10 years so maybe allowing prochargers could be a good thing for procharger development.

Screws will never happen in this series. If the Sheikh couldn't talk NHRA into it I don't think you're going to find anyone else who could.
It's just stupid how much teams are paying to lease roots blowers per race that perform no better than an off-the-shelf PSI screw.
Old 1 Week Ago

Send a message via Yahoo to jayork1331

Maybe the prochargers will become a more viable option:

https://www.dragzine.com/news/dillar...pro-mod-debut/