CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
oddyhahn's Avatar
oddyhahn oddyhahn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 557
Default

Could have done mike Janis a favor, by smoking the tires. Lol. I guess that wouldnít happen in the nitro class.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Willy's Avatar
Willy Willy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago U.S.A.
Posts: 11,954
Default

Hord takes out Smith.....

....Mike Janis is your 2018 NHRA Pro Mod Champion.
__________________
----------------------------



----------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
HEMI_guy HEMI_guy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Hord takes out Smith.....

....Mike Janis is your 2018 NHRA Pro Mod Champion.
Great job and well deserved! If my math is right he got it by a whopping 4 points!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
mossyback mossyback is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 268
Default

Yes, this was good to see! Rickie has had his many moments in the limelight and congratulations for a well deserved championship.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
oddyhahn's Avatar
oddyhahn oddyhahn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 557
Default

There is a sports god for Buffalo!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
oddyhahn's Avatar
oddyhahn oddyhahn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 557
Default

2 NHRA pro champs from Buffalo now, yippee!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 1 Week Ago
SWPMFAN SWPMFAN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 198
Default

Chad from Bangshift and Al Tucci announcing the 50K PM race from Dallas said when ricky was running that next year he will be in a turbo with a PLR engine and Steve Petty tuning.

Eric Dillard is racing a pro charger enigine. Chad said NHRA is testing the combo to see if it's viable for NHRA. Petty has it already in the 3.60s in the 1/8.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 1 Week Ago
luxexpress luxexpress is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: syracuse, new york
Posts: 1,022
Default

Maybe its time the NHRA allows the nitrous cars to run the 960 ci engines they use in the PDRA. I think its important to have all the combos competitive. I'd rather see them allow the nitrous cars more than slow the other combinations down which is what they'll probably do.
__________________
http://aerusofcny.com/
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 1 Week Ago
Chili Chili is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPMFAN View Post
Chad from Bangshift and Al Tucci announcing the 50K PM race from Dallas said when ricky was running that next year he will be in a turbo with a PLR engine and Steve Petty tuning.

Eric Dillard is racing a pro charger enigine. Chad said NHRA is testing the combo to see if it's viable for NHRA. Petty has it already in the 3.60s in the 1/8.
At one point NHRA was considering allowing the pro charger in Pro Mod. I heard they will probably not allow it 2019. At the World Series of Pro Mod @Bandimere, Zack Sackman was driving a Camaro with a pro charger in Top Sportsman. After the promods had run to end the night, he made an exhibition run to see how quick it would go. He went 5.99, around .15 slower than the turbo cars that night. It is definitely an interesting combo to watch going forward. I want to see it happen to bring more guys into the class but I donít want it to kill any of the other combinations. Only a few nitrous drivers left as it is now.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 1 Week Ago
jayork1331 jayork1331 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York,NY
Posts: 153
Send a message via Yahoo to jayork1331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
At one point NHRA was considering allowing the pro charger in Pro Mod. I heard they will probably not allow it 2019. At the World Series of Pro Mod @Bandimere, Zack Sackman was driving a Camaro with a pro charger in Top Sportsman. After the promods had run to end the night, he made an exhibition run to see how quick it would go. He went 5.99, around .15 slower than the turbo cars that night. It is definitely an interesting combo to watch going forward. I want to see it happen to bring more guys into the class but I donít want it to kill any of the other combinations. Only a few nitrous drivers left as it is now.
Does anyone think RPM( Real Pro Mod Association) & NHRA might consider letting the Nitrous cars go to the 959 cu in. displacement they use in the PDRA Pro Nitrous class?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.