CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Could have done mike Janis a favor, by smoking the tires. Lol. I guess that wouldnít happen in the nitro class.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Hord takes out Smith.....

....Mike Janis is your 2018 NHRA Pro Mod Champion.

----------------------------
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Hord takes out Smith.....

....Mike Janis is your 2018 NHRA Pro Mod Champion.
Great job and well deserved! If my math is right he got it by a whopping 4 points!
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Yes, this was good to see! Rickie has had his many moments in the limelight and congratulations for a well deserved championship.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

There is a sports god for Buffalo!
Old 2 Weeks Ago

2 NHRA pro champs from Buffalo now, yippee!
Old 1 Week Ago

Chad from Bangshift and Al Tucci announcing the 50K PM race from Dallas said when ricky was running that next year he will be in a turbo with a PLR engine and Steve Petty tuning.

Eric Dillard is racing a pro charger enigine. Chad said NHRA is testing the combo to see if it's viable for NHRA. Petty has it already in the 3.60s in the 1/8.
Old 1 Week Ago

Maybe its time the NHRA allows the nitrous cars to run the 960 ci engines they use in the PDRA. I think its important to have all the combos competitive. I'd rather see them allow the nitrous cars more than slow the other combinations down which is what they'll probably do.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPMFAN View Post
Chad from Bangshift and Al Tucci announcing the 50K PM race from Dallas said when ricky was running that next year he will be in a turbo with a PLR engine and Steve Petty tuning.

Eric Dillard is racing a pro charger enigine. Chad said NHRA is testing the combo to see if it's viable for NHRA. Petty has it already in the 3.60s in the 1/8.
At one point NHRA was considering allowing the pro charger in Pro Mod. I heard they will probably not allow it 2019. At the World Series of Pro Mod @Bandimere, Zack Sackman was driving a Camaro with a pro charger in Top Sportsman. After the promods had run to end the night, he made an exhibition run to see how quick it would go. He went 5.99, around .15 slower than the turbo cars that night. It is definitely an interesting combo to watch going forward. I want to see it happen to bring more guys into the class but I donít want it to kill any of the other combinations. Only a few nitrous drivers left as it is now.
Old 1 Week Ago

Send a message via Yahoo to jayork1331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
At one point NHRA was considering allowing the pro charger in Pro Mod. I heard they will probably not allow it 2019. At the World Series of Pro Mod @Bandimere, Zack Sackman was driving a Camaro with a pro charger in Top Sportsman. After the promods had run to end the night, he made an exhibition run to see how quick it would go. He went 5.99, around .15 slower than the turbo cars that night. It is definitely an interesting combo to watch going forward. I want to see it happen to bring more guys into the class but I donít want it to kill any of the other combinations. Only a few nitrous drivers left as it is now.
Does anyone think RPM( Real Pro Mod Association) & NHRA might consider letting the Nitrous cars go to the 959 cu in. displacement they use in the PDRA Pro Nitrous class?