CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 1 Week Ago
Super Moderator

Default ARP Question of the Week: Should NHRA Reinstate Points for World Records

http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...-world-records
Old 1 Week Ago

Yes and while they are at it..get rid of the "chase" just straight up racing and points as it should be.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Should NHRA Reinstate Points for World Records
Why not. With all the restrictions, they're no longer attainable. We'll never see anybody pass 339.87mph in our lifetime.

Give them the points for breaking track records.
Old 1 Week Ago

Track prep killed nitro records, EFI killed Pro Stock records, and Harley killed PSM records. I don't see anything new being set any time soon. No need to have points.
Old 1 Week Ago

I feel like they should have never gotten rid of bonus points for national records to begin with. While it may be a moot point right now with the track prep and the fact that records are going to be nearly impossible for awhile I think it should be put back on the table.

Look at the last year they had bonus points for national records 2015, the national record in funny car came into play several times during that countdown and three times during the final two days of that season as it almost decided the champion. Plus one of the greatest moments in history was the product of bonus points for a national record.
Old 1 Week Ago

It is pretty clear that NHRA dislikes performance in this era. A certain announcer and a certain B.U.G. had a conversation at Reading about slowing down the nitro cars more than the track prep did. NHRA is talking about blower restrictions to further slow down the cars.

The records should be reset for fan interest. I should have said for hardcore fans because the casual fan could care less about records.

On a side note: Turning off the win light in qualifying is far worse than not giving points for records IMHO.
Old 1 Week Ago

Yes and while they are at it..get rid of the "chase" just straight up racing and points as it should be.

I used to feel the same way, but the chase format does add excitement,
Old 1 Week Ago

TF & FC national records are pointless, literally & figuratively in this day & age. Why?

For one all the milestones have been achieved.

For another the current configuration of the tracks won't support faster speeds & quicker ETs. Fact is many cars are going just as fast now as before the dilution of the sticky stuff. Why even the Virginia body builder/"farmer" is right back where he was! So go ahead & cut em loose. You'll have 1/8th mile squirts next.

This is a silly question of the week.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdogbmx View Post

I used to feel the same way, but the chase format does add excitement,
Its artificial excitement, why penalize a team that has been dominant all year only to have the points "evened" up
Old 1 Week Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Weinstein View Post
I feel like they should have never gotten rid of bonus points for national records to begin with.
Agree. National record points only happen during competition and they should be awarded accordingly. Continuing that would've gone a long way to stopping the self-proclaimed "world records" that were/are declared without any equipment or rule adherence verification. Social media is not valid in confirming a record in my opinion.