CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 4 Days Ago
Tim Charlet's Avatar
Tim Charlet Tim Charlet is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,384
Default Silly Season - 2019 Thread

So, I've set up a thread specifically for silly season in recent years - but I've got a feeling tomorrow will kick off some news that will SHOCK many drag racing fans...so, let's get SILLY FOLKS!

*Please remember that RUMORS about sponsors and potential sponsors posted before they are officially announced can have SERIOUSLY NEGATIVE consequences. Use caution, please!!!

Last edited by Tim Charlet; 4 Days Ago at 11:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 4 Days Ago
Z_Weinstein Z_Weinstein is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 760
Default

Bobby Bennett had a semi cryptic post on facebook......is this announcement going to have long term effects in the NHRA?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 4 Days Ago
SWPMFAN SWPMFAN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 193
Default

On another site a guy that spoke to a WHP track official at the Vegas race said that Gila River told NHRA they do not want the Pro Testing and the Regional Event. Later in the blog someone said that Tucson will have a D7 race.

Any truth to the above?

If the pro testing is done at WHP, will it be at Vegas the week before Ponoma?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 4 Days Ago
Z_Weinstein Z_Weinstein is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPMFAN View Post
On another site a guy that spoke to a WHP track official at the Vegas race said that Gila River told NHRA they do not want the Pro Testing and the Regional Event. Later in the blog someone said that Tucson will have a D7 race.

Any truth to the above?

If the pro testing is done at WHP, will it be at Vegas the week before Ponoma?

They released the divisional schedule today, Tucson will have the divison 7 opener the week after the nationals, however Wild Horse will hold the second to last divisional in mid October. As far as not wanting to hold preseason testing or a divisional I imagine it comes down to not making enough money off the event but a way to solve it is do what Charlie Allen did and charge $20 a day to come watch, I always used the test to bring people for the first time and it was a great way to give them a taste of what a national event is like.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 4 Days Ago
Tim Charlet's Avatar
Tim Charlet Tim Charlet is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPMFAN View Post
On another site a guy that spoke to a WHP track official at the Vegas race said that Gila River told NHRA they do not want the Pro Testing and the Regional Event. Later in the blog someone said that Tucson will have a D7 race.

Any truth to the above?

If the pro testing is done at WHP, will it be at Vegas the week before Ponoma?
Well, I can provide some clarity.

First off, today NHRA announced the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series Schedule. While the first D-7 is in Tucson the first weekend in March (the week after the National Event at WHMP), WHMP will be hosting a Divisional race Oct. 11-13, 2019. So - that pretty much wipes out that "RUMOR.

So, I would wager good money that those rumors about WHMP demise have ZERO credibility.

Last edited by Tim Charlet; 3 Days Ago at 11:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 4 Days Ago
Tim Charlet's Avatar
Tim Charlet Tim Charlet is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Weinstein View Post
Bobby Bennett had a semi cryptic post on facebook......is this announcement going to have long term effects in the NHRA?
I believe it's an individual news story...not NHRA organizational wise.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 4 Days Ago
SWPMFAN SWPMFAN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 193
Default

Thank you for the info Tim.

I don't see the nitro test on WHMP web site but I trust your info.

Bob Tasca said in an article about the new Ford Body that he would be testing it in Vegas before the Winters. Hopefully the teams do not split between PHX and Vegas.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 4 Days Ago
Tim Charlet's Avatar
Tim Charlet Tim Charlet is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPMFAN View Post
Thank you for the info Tim.

I don't see the nitro test on WHMP web site but I trust your info.

Bob Tasca said in an article about the new Ford Body that he would be testing it in Vegas before the Winters. Hopefully the teams do not split between PHX and Vegas.
The test session is a private test. Teams can test wherever they choose.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 4 Days Ago
SWPMFAN SWPMFAN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
The test session is a private test. Teams can test wherever they choose.
Is PHX going to be open to the public on Saturday like the last few years?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 4 Days Ago
Tim Charlet's Avatar
Tim Charlet Tim Charlet is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPMFAN View Post
Is PHX going to be open to the public on Saturday like the last few years?
I don't know what the plan is yet.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.