CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPMFAN View Post
Why would they have to pay them? It could be a sponspored class, a pay to play class like PM or NHRA could throw some money at it.

There were 10 to 12 cars at the old IHRA Nitrojam. Big names too. One year there was a conflict with the March Meet and some of the big names went to the nitro Jam.,

There would be far more NFC if NHRA did it. Now if the racers out west have any interest is another thing. Also, woulld fans gravitate more toward these FC than the modern ones?
Sure - someone could sponsor a class like this - but again, someone has to PAY for these guys to show up. Nitro is expensive. I like the idea...
Old 6 Days Ago

Only thing I see out of this is NHRA know's nothing about their fan base. Bristol, the south, home of the door cars, dah!!
Old 6 Days Ago

At the Non-Pro Stock races , when will the nitro fans have time to take a leak or buy a John Force keychain ?
Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post
I like how you all put Bo's Halloween car as the first pic in the article. "Regular folk" who look at it must think what in the world are they using for their rear spoilers now-a-days.
I'm no "Regular folk" and was wondering WTF do they think they're showing a a PRO STOCK CAR???????

Yes, apparently I never did see a pic of his Halloween car.
Old 6 Days Ago

You posted two posts past this one in the Las Vegas thread:

http://forum.competitionplus.com/sho...3&postcount=32

… like me, looks like a short memory too,l ol
Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen. Disarray View Post
At the Non-Pro Stock races , when will the nitro fans have time to take a leak or buy a John Force keychain ?
during the many explosions and subsequent clean ups
Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPMFAN View Post
Why would they have to pay them? It could be a sponspored class or pay to play class like PM.

There were 10 to 12 cars at the old IHRA Nitrojam. Big names too. One year there was a conflict with the March Meet and some of the big names went to the nitro Jam.

There would be far more NFC if NHRA did it. Now if the racers out west have any interest is another thing. Also, would fans gravitate more toward these FC than the modern ones?
The IHRA WAS booking in ‘paying’ for those NFC’s to be there. That whole show was just like the WWE. That’s why they showed up to their event and not Bako. NHRA NFC is dying. They’re all going outlaw NFC, buying used big show junk attempting a few outings on the tour, fuel altered, or running away.
Old 5 Days Ago

it took them 30 plus years to make the "stock" cars like stock with fuel injection, how long before they get to run turbo's?
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
it took them 30 plus years to make the "stock" cars like stock with fuel injection, how long before they get to run turbo's?
I was thinking about this the other day. The only heads up n/a classes left in NHRA are Prostock and the Hemi Challenge.

The factory showdown cars are all boosted.

only 2019 Honda accord engine options are 4cyl turbo motors.

I would love to see Prostock bodied cars use OEM motors, Ecoboost v6 from ford pickup. New corvette overhead cam motor. Hellcat motor.
Old 5 Days Ago

If Pro Stock is gone from the show at Bristol, does this means the Pro Mods will now get to park in the pro pit area? If so, this is great news! It means we won't have to walk as far to see the Pro Mods! Thanks NHRA!