CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 08-22-2008

I have always said that the alcohol cars should be given top billing one day. If they spread the wealth to smaller tracks more people could see nhra racing and the lucas oil series might be more family friendly with more affordable tickets.

Some people could probably afford 25 bucks a day to see a lucas oil series event if they cant afford to pay the 50 per day for a national event.
Old 08-22-2008

I wouldn't pay 25 bucks for 2 8 car alcohol fields. And only 2 heads up classes is not enough to make an event.
Old 08-24-2008

The pros (oncluding Pro mod and the alcohol classes) and casual fans probably need Bruton Smith. His kid may not be an expert about drag racing, but he's been exposed to Bristol and Vegas, which are 2 of the best managed facilities around. Without regard to the kid, one thing's for sure, the old man and his organization know how to please fans and sponsors, and make money; which is what the pros are there for.

The rest of the NHRA Sportsman racers would probably be better off if things stay just the way they are. I don't think Bruton would keep them around and they'd have difficulty standing alone. Local tracks can't get spectators for bracket races which to a casual fan probably don't look much different then Stock, Super Stock and Comp. Also, I enjoy them, but you have to be a really hard core fan to truly appreciate the Super classes.
Old 08-24-2008

The pros (oncluding Pro mod and the alcohol classes) and casual fans probably need Bruton Smith. His kid may not be an expert about drag racing, but he's been exposed to Bristol and Vegas, which are 2 of the best managed facilities around. Without regard to the kid, one thing's for sure, the old man and his organization know how to please fans and sponsors, and make money; which is what the pros are there for.

The rest of the NHRA Sportsman racers would probably be better off if things stay just the way they are. I don't think Bruton would keep them around and they'd have difficulty standing alone. Local tracks can't get spectators for bracket races which to a casual fan probably don't look much different then Stock, Super Stock and Comp. Also, I enjoy them, but you have to be a really hard core fan to truly appreciate the Super classes.
Old 08-26-2008

you can say that again

you can say that again

Tags
hd partners, nhra sale