CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 06-15-2007
gary4205

Exclamation Hd Plan Hitting The Fan?

http://competitionplus.com/index.php...=3042&Itemid=7
Old 06-15-2007
Dry Hopping

It is really too bad that PRO has no teeth or balls.
Old 06-15-2007

All of the PRO members will make sure this goes to their favor in as many ways as possible or will have another CART /IRL league (IHRA)Ha Ha. I'm sure Berstein, Shoe, and Force are Wide eyed to the fine print!!!
Old 06-15-2007
Dry Hopping

We can only hope they ordered a set of Billet Balls from Jeg's or Summit. In the past PRO has been just like NHRA yes men in the good old boys club. NO guts.
Old 06-15-2007

I have no idea what the pro teams were told about this deal but if it the same as was released to the public no wonder they have reservations. The announcement was long on pro forma BS and very short on any details or measurable implementation plans.
Old 06-15-2007
Dry Hopping

Theres still a whole lot of nothing information about the deal, I heard the Compton big wigs headed off to NYC to raise more dough, they have used up most of the operating monies with the NHRA purchase.
Old 06-15-2007

Maybe there is a whole lot of nothing because not much is seriously changing as far as we are concerned (the race fans that is). It is funny how so many people criticize NHRA continuously about their lack of support and marketing. And then, the minute they implement a plan to increase their ability and power to market the sport, everyone starts to shy away and call foul.

Now, I may agree that it would be nice to know more about the deal, but I don't think they are obligated to tell me. They sure did make a big splash with the announcement and the Q&A articles they put out, what is it that everyone is looking for?
Old 06-15-2007
Dry Hopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro-fumes
Maybe there is a whole lot of nothing because not much is seriously changing as far as we are concerned (the race fans that is). It is funny how so many people criticize NHRA continuously about their lack of support and marketing. And then, the minute they implement a plan to increase their ability and power to market the sport, everyone starts to shy away and call foul.

Now, I may agree that it would be nice to know more about the deal, but I don't think they are obligated to tell me. They sure did make a big splash with the announcement and the Q&A articles they put out, what is it that everyone is looking for?
You'd love anything they say at NHRA and take it for the gospel according to Tom. If you check into it, NHR A still has the same support and marketing people. Dumb and Dumber.
That's why I became a stockholder yesterday, those SEC mandated filings will be fun to read.
Old 06-15-2007

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Hopping
You'd love anything they say at NHRA and take it for the gospel according to Tom. If you check into it, NHR A still has the same support and marketing people. Dumb and Dumber.
That's why I became a stockholder yesterday, those SEC mandated filings will be fun to read.
Actually, if you read it correctly...NHRA doesn't have marketing people. That group will now be with HD Partners. NHRA retains control of the operational side of things, not the marketing side.
Old 06-15-2007
Dry Hopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro-fumes
Actually, if you read it correctly...NHRA doesn't have marketing people. That group will now be with HD Partners. NHRA retains control of the operational side of things, not the marketing side.
Dude I did read it correctly, that was the HD part we were talking about.
NHRA/HD Partners, it is all the same marketing people moving over from Glendora.
The Old NHRA runs the Sportsman side and gets to keep Graham Light and the sport compact series.
I read it thoroughly.

Tags
hd partners, nhra sale