CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 11-20-2007
Administrator

Default HDP Stock

Massive buying today. This thinly traded stock has an average volume of 40K shares over a 3 month period. It doesn't even merit an average daily volume figure.
Today, more than 1.1 million shares traded, consisting of a couple of large block trades.
Very unusual.
Old 11-20-2007
Blown & Injected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy
Massive buying today. This thinly traded stock has an average volume of 40K shares over a 3 month period. It doesn't even merit an average daily volume figure.
Today, more than 1.1 million shares traded, consisting of a couple of large block trades.
Very unusual.
Say, how much is that dividend anyway...
Old 11-20-2007
gary4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy
Very unusual.
Institutional buying?

Maybe Mr Smith has started buying in?

1.1M is what, roughly 10% of the stock?
Old 11-20-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary4205
Institutional buying?

Maybe Mr Smith has started buying in?

1.1M is what, roughly 10% of the stock?
It's either Bruton, Evan or some insider dealing going on there. No way it was anything other than that. A million shares is a big deal and HDP hasn't established themselves yet so i wouldn't think it was institutional buying.
Old 11-21-2007
gary4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy
It's either Bruton, Evan or some insider dealing going on there. No way it was anything other than that. A million shares is a big deal and HDP hasn't established themselves yet so i wouldn't think it was institutional buying.
1.1 millions shares, by my guesstimate, is between 8.4 and 8.5 million. Certainly not chump change. But like you say, not automatically an institutional buy either. Didn't think of Knoll, but it could be. The reason I thought of Smith is because he was hot to buy NHRA. (when they claimed it wasn't for sale!)

I have a feeling 2008 is gonna be one interesting year!
Old 11-21-2007
Administrator

Insiders currently hold 7%, institutions about 56%. The remainder of shares are outstanding (23.4 million) or are float (17 million). The number traded yesterday is just under 5%.

Despite yesterdays unusually large volume, the percentage doesn't require an immediate SEC filing, except by insiders. Yesterdays buyer(s) are unknown at this time, and probably won't be disclosed until the end of the quarter when they are required to report.

I was thinking Smith also. Buy in blocks small enough to avoid reporting, then go for the kill.
Old 11-21-2007

Willy, you seem to be in the know. Where can we obtain the information you refer to? I don't know much about how to find that kind of info and i'm sure others are in the same boat. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to keep track of HDP and see their progress in selling their stock.
Old 11-21-2007
Administrator

Rowdy, my favorite place is Yahoo Finance. Go here. http://finance.yahoo.com/

Google Business is also a very good resource. Go here. http://news.google.com/nwshp?tab=wn&ned=us&topic=b

I also check out the web sites of the exchanges where companies that I have an interest in are traded.

The SEC's website and EDGAR are where you will find required filings.

The ticker symbol that you should enter to do a look-up for this company is HDP.

By the way, nearly a million shares traded so far today, but it's down 2 cents.
Yesterday it finished to the good by 9 cents.
Old 11-21-2007

My first thought also is Bruton Smith, he has the cash, the desire and the knowledge to put NHRA on a scale of its own.
Old 11-21-2007

Thanks for the info Willy. Between yesterday and today there were 2 million shares bought. I would guess it's not maw and paw buying for their retirement portfolio. If this trend continues we might see someone other than the glendora bullies running the show. I wonder how much of a companiy's shares one group must hold to takeover control?

Tags
hd partners, nhra sale