CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 01-15-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer
what's a "suit" ???
obviously something that intimidates you?
It's ok...suits denote success.....
try it......it's ok.
trying not to get too off-topic here but a suit "denotes" nothing to me... and I ocasionally wear one. When I see a man in a suit I don't know if they're a suit salesman at JC Penny, a used care salesman or a politician. I treat everyone the same regardless of what they wear. A company I once worked for gained a customer for life because the shop across the street treated him like dirt because he wore tirn jeans and had mud on his work boots. Turns out he owns the largest greenhouse operation in the state of Michigan.
Old 01-15-2008
gary4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnitro07
Gary, I am with you on not caring anything about football...has been kinda funny around here last couple days though watching Jerry Jones fume and just flat look like he lost his second billion after the **** cowboys lost Sunday....but I do not think that the HDP deal will be affected one way or the other by the Torco situation, they saw something they liked obvisously, something I wish other companies would too.
Oh man, as you know, in Texas football is a form of religion. I was taller, and a bit wider than everyone in junior high, and man I had the coaches wearing me out to play. Don't know who was more aggravated, me or them! Temple could easily support two and possibly a third high school, but football keeps it from happening. All of the middle schools are basically a farm for high school players.

I also doubt the Torco deal will effect the sale.
Old 01-17-2008
Administrator

I also doubt that the Torco situation will effect the sale.
However the pps has been dropping like a rock the past few days. On average volume, it's gone from $7.45 to $7.16.
Old 01-25-2008
Administrator

Maybe HDP is having second thoughts...
This could explain yesterdays steep decline in share price, on higher than normal volume.

http://dragracingonline.com/agent132...20-x_1-32.html

In the event that the deal does fall apart, I doubt that the departure of Torco would have anything to do with it.

Also, two pages after is a little blurb about changes in the marketing department at PowerAide. See "A Blip on the Radar".
Old 01-25-2008
gary4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy
Maybe HDP is having second thoughts...
This could explain yesterdays steep decline in share price, on higher than normal volume.

http://dragracingonline.com/agent132...20-x_1-32.html

In the event that the deal does fall apart, I doubt that the departure of Torco would have anything to do with it.

Also, two pages after is a little blurb about changes in the marketing department at PowerAide. See "A Blip on the Radar".
You beat me to the post!

Read both of the stories. I'd like to think a new marketing guy at Coke could only be good news. And with Burk's recent record of rumors coming true, I'd have to see the HDP deal happen to believe it.

HDP is pretty far in this to pull out. And as I understood the mandate of the group, if they didn't come up with a deal by a date that has already past, they would have to give the money back to the investors. Can't see that happening. Maybe we can get some more info from the guy who was writing a series of articles about HDP for Comp Plus.
Old 01-25-2008
Toby

According to everything I've read (and I will be pissed if the deal doesn't go through because it was more reading than "War and Peace") the date to have a working deal in place has passed. If they do not consumate the NHRA buyout HDP will have to refund the IPO money and they will cease to exist.
The agent has been off the mark before, although it feels like it may be falling through, we should probably wait and see. The share holders meeting and vote is scheduled for next week.
Old 01-25-2008
Administrator

Gary, being familiar with Burk's writing style his last line on the PowerAide deal kind of reads as a negative. I agree though that it could be a positive. Glaceau & Vitamin Water have been agressive advertisers. So to put PowerAide in with this new Coke aquisition, that could be a good thing.

As to HDP, like Tom, I'd like to see it come to a vote by the shareholders.
But who knows, maybe the institutionals and the management team are looking around, seeing the value of property decline (the most valuable portion of the aquisition), a decrease in discretionary spending (possible decline in ticket sales, lower projections on the selling of branded toys and trinkets), and just maybe the whole safety issue, and saying "Wait a minute...".
Burk said that there should be a statement today. If it isn't issued a bit after the close of trade today, I'd bet on the vote taking place. As to the result, sounds like it's up in air.
Old 01-26-2008
Toby

From the article on here about it, I think the value of a Bruton Smith was demonstrated. Jeez, he could buy us with his change bucket. 340 million for one facility and two dates, as opposed to 4 facilities and 24 dates for 121 million. oh Bobby, where did the 180 million figure come from?
Old 01-26-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby
From the article on here about it, I think the value of a Bruton Smith was demonstrated. Jeez, he could buy us with his change bucket. 340 million for one facility and two dates, as opposed to 4 facilities and 24 dates for 121 million. oh Bobby, where did the 180 million figure come from?
I for one would be thrilled if Bruton bought these suckers out. He has the best facilities in the NHRA now and with the addition of Charlotte it will make him the largest owner of NHRA sanctioned tracks. Could a drag strip in New Hampshire be next on the agenda? I wouldn't bet against it.
Old 01-26-2008

Send a message via AIM to Tom Joseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy
Gary, being familiar with Burk's writing style his last line on the PowerAide deal kind of reads as a negative. I agree though that it could be a positive. Glaceau & Vitamin Water have been agressive advertisers. So to put PowerAide in with this new Coke aquisition, that could be a good thing.

As to HDP, like Tom, I'd like to see it come to a vote by the shareholders.
But who knows, maybe the institutionals and the management team are looking around, seeing the value of property decline (the most valuable portion of the aquisition), a decrease in discretionary spending (possible decline in ticket sales, lower projections on the selling of branded toys and trinkets), and just maybe the whole safety issue, and saying "Wait a minute...".
Burk said that there should be a statement today. If it isn't issued a bit after the close of trade today, I'd bet on the vote taking place. As to the result, sounds like it's up in air.
You hit the nail on the head and the economy excuse could be used to grind on the price. Personally it makes no difference to me who buys it because it's going to remain all about the nitro cars anyway. Good post.

Tags
hd partners, nhra sale