CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 01-31-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryHop
Another site site reported the deal was voted down by shareholders...

The share vote was 99,000 for the acquisition and 16.6 Million against.
That wasn't even close. My guess would be the 99,000 were drag race fans hoping to get in on the action. The 16.6 million gamblers were just in it to make a buck. I think we are all better off in the long run that it fell through.

What NHRA should do is give Bruton a call and beg him to make another offer. I don't really think they will, but they should.
Old 01-31-2008
DryHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-1

Now that's just too **** funny!
Old 01-31-2008
clwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy
What NHRA should do is give Bruton a call and beg him to make another offer.
I'd bet you anything he's already talked to Compton yet today. You could see it in the Charlotte press conference last week.

If I was wagering on it, I'd put a load of dough on that deal being done lickety split.
Old 01-31-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwill
I'd bet you anything he's already talked to Compton yet today. You could see it in the Charlotte press conference last week.

If I was wagering on it, I'd put a load of dough on that deal being done lickety split.
Old 01-31-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwill

clwill, i hope you're right, but i have my doubts. If Bruton bought the NHRA the first thing he would want to do would be to put competent people in key positions. That would leave the glendora boys without their cash cow (NHRA) and they would be forced to pick strawberries in the valley.

Old 01-31-2008

Quote:
If Bruton bought the NHRA the first thing he would want to do would be to put competent people in key positions.

That would leave the glendora boys ..... forced to pick strawberries.

.....and they were SOOOOOOOOOO-close to getting that job as a valet at the Country Club.....

Old 01-31-2008

NHRA will continue to do just fine.
Old 01-31-2008

Quote:
What NHRA should do is give Bruton a call and beg him to make another offer. I don't really think they will, but they should.

Why would we want a guy who has only recently got involved with drag racing run it? The man makes beautiful tracks, let him stay at that.
Old 01-31-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJamesBoos
Why would we want a guy who has only recently got involved with drag racing run it? The man makes beautiful tracks, let him stay at that.
Bruton has more invested in drag racing than even the NHRA itself. I know of no better candidate than he to lead the sport into the future.

Since when has NHRA done anything more than add a couple of suites at any of it's company owned tracks? When was the last time they have done anything to improve the experience for racers or fans? When was the last time NHRA did anything to increase the payout for either pro or sportsman racers?

I think it's time for a real change and i think Bruton is the man that could make the necessary changes happen to better the sport.

Just who do you think is gonna lead change within the current regime?
Old 01-31-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
Thanks dryhop sold all shares. Made some good money. Although the stock is now at $7.84. I sold at market 7.74. I was only in it if they stayed with NHRA. Personally I think the stockholders made a big mistate. I owe you a beer.
Larry I think you should re-invest in EE stock or certificates or whatever the hell she and her father were peddling.

Tags
hd partners, nhra sale