CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 01-31-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
Julie Golddigger Russell can take credit for some of the reason this HDP deal failed. I think a lot of us who gave to her charity would like to have our money back with interest.
Larry, you say a lot of dip sh!t things, but that comment was totally uncalled for. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Old 01-31-2008
Banned

Smile Just Telling It Like It Is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy
Larry, you say a lot of dip sh!t things, but that comment was totally uncalled for. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Just telling it like it is!! I'm actually proud that I pointed out what a ambulance chaser she is. Julie Russell has cost drag racing, racers, NHRA and HDP millions. This is one of those frivolous lawsuits.
Old 01-31-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Just telling it like it is!! I'm actually proud that I pointed out what a ambulance chaser she is. Julie Russell has cost drag racing, racers, NHRA and HDP millions. This is one of those frivolous lawsuits.
Proud?
You should be Ashamed.
Old 01-31-2008

Quote:
Julie Golddigger Russell can take credit for some of the reason this HDP deal failed.
..... what color is the sky in your world?
Old 01-31-2008
Banned

Cool A Bankrupt World??

You guys would make great ambulance chasing lawyers. The world would be bankrupt and we would all be starving but happy liberals. Russell didn't deserve this money and you know it. If you want drag racing to be a thriving sport you better hope for fewer Julie Russells.
Old 01-31-2008

Thumbs down

Quote:
I don't know Ms. Russell personally but I bet she would pay back every last cent, plus more, to have her husband back. I also believe the NHRA could of handled the situation with a lot more class than what they did as well. It seemed to be a lose/lose situation for everybody but the lawyers (isn't it always). Larry you should be more tactful in your replies.
Old 01-31-2008
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Motoring
I don't know Ms. Russell personally but I bet she would pay back every last cent, plus more, to have her husband back. I also believe the NHRA could of handled the situation with a lot more class than what they did as well. It seemed to be a lose/lose situation for everybody but the lawyers (isn't it always). Larry you should be more tactful in your replies.
Happy the problem with allowing people to get away with these frivolous lawsuits is that we are to tactful. Many of us tend to look at the people and companies in charge and think they can correct everything. I have sympathy for her lose of Darrell but not for her greed factor. She probably got about 1/2 milllion from donations with NHRA's and others efforts. Then many of those who helped her so much she sues.. It hurts NHRA and everyone involved in drag racing.
Old 01-31-2008
TS514X

Ok Larry - where do you feel the NHRA's and Goodyears liability and responsibility lies? Do you think they should get off unscathed? As a sanctioning body, they have the responsibility to the safety of their racers - why is Force and Ford spending all of their own investment on new innovations instead of the NHRA? Why are they always reactive instead of proactive? You need to quit looking at the NHRA through your rose colored glasses.
Old 01-31-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Motoring
Larry you should be more tactful in your replies.
..... for Larry to invoke the name of Julie Russell, into assigning the blame for causing the NHRA/HD-Partners deal falling-apart, proves he has neither tact, nor-intelligence.

Isn't there a movie on the Disney Channel for you to watch?
Old 01-31-2008

Well, this is the beauty of a publicly held corporation - the stock holders have the right to vote on the proposals of the board of directors. They felt that is was a not a wise investment of the capital of the corporation.

For drag racing, this might be a blessing in disguise. I had mixed feelings about this deal and if it turned out to not be good for the sport, what would have done then???

Tags
hd partners, nhra sale