CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 03-05-2008

This would be one of the benefits of Bruton buying the NHRA. He has people in place who are marketing and promotional genius'. Sure he wants to buy the NHRA for a bargain, who wouldn't? In the event he doesn't, the NHRA needs to find a marketing hotshot with strong, serious Nascar ties, one with the foot in the door to some of these Nascar sponsors who might be willing to spend some money. Bruton would be the best thing we have ever seen in our sport, I agree, I don't want Nascar sized crowds at the drag strip, but I do want better facilities, better promotion. I would love to be able to buy the new John Force diecast before the day after the season ends. (Last year, it arrived at my local diecast store the Monday morning after Pomona 2) That is insane.
Old 03-05-2008

I beleive NHRA buys by the hour and can pocket any made off of commercials as well. Might have to ask ESPN about that though.
Old 03-06-2008
LVracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJamesBoos
I believe NHRA buys by the hour and can pocket any made off of commercials as well. Might have to ask ESPN about that though.
Media is bought and sold but that is not how this deal appears to be. Theres no pro hockey commercials and very little pro basketball commercials but a ton of College basketball and football commercials. Tells you who has the media money, the universities.
Old 03-07-2008

Just read the article about NRA and AAA making a video to denounce illegal street racing (is there a leag form?). Once again NHRA misses out on an opportunity to market NHRA and bring positive exposure to our sport. Yeah it's great they made the video and it will be on YouTube and at NHRA national events, but how about NHRA and AAA splitting the cost to run 15 or 30 second TV commercials. Or maybe they could get free airtime for running a public service announcement.

Tags
hd partners, nhra sale