CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 1 Week Ago

Default NHRA TV Producer quits

It appears Ken Adelson has ran another good crew member away. A great read here, all of which is true and confirmed by many people. NHRA seems to not care. https://www.scribd.com/document/3684...h-Higgs-Letter
Old 1 Week Ago

Ouch! Of course there are two sides to every story... who knows what her idea of content viewers would tune in for was? Maybe she suggested segments on John Force's cat or his scooter as human interest pieces. Nobody would ever watch that!
Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by de31168 View Post
Maybe she suggested segments on John Force's cat or his scooter as human interest pieces. Nobody would ever watch that!
I'm sure you were kidding about that, but I seriously doubt it.... Besides her media experience, Higgs has an extensive background in drag racing. Sportsman competition in particular.

----------------------------

Last edited by Willy; 1 Week Ago at 06:56 AM.
Old 1 Week Ago

Sounds par for the course with the NHRA.
Old 1 Week Ago

I've quit more than one job for the same reasons she outlined in that letter...jobs involving management whose policy was to constantly keep their people trying harder by constantly reminding them what a poor job they were doing and how replaceable they were. April 1, 1979, was the day I decided that no matter what, I'd never subject myself to that mentality again - and nearly 39 years later, I still haven't.

I can't reach a verdict in this case, obviously - but it sounds entirely plausible.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twostep View Post
I've quit more than one job for the same reasons she outlined in that letter...jobs involving management whose policy was to constantly keep their people trying harder by constantly reminding them what a poor job they were doing and how replaceable they were. April 1, 1979, was the day I decided that no matter what, I'd never subject myself to that mentality again - and nearly 39 years later, I still haven't.

I can't reach a verdict in this case, obviously - but it sounds entirely plausible.
April 1, 1979 ?
April Fools Day? Twostep... You pulling our leg?
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
I'm sure you were kidding about that, but I seriously doubt it.... Besides her media experience, Higgs has an extensive background in drag racing. Sportsman competition in particular.
Indeed just a joke. It was in reference to the ESPN production era when they thought everything John Force would bring in viewers. I know Bill Stephens had a lot to say about that time frame when he worked there and the changing mentality on how to broadcast a drag race.

There's nothing worse than being hired to do a job and then being handcuffed on the way you can do it.

I don't follow all the tv shows and there are plenty I have missed, but what I have seen has been pretty subpar. I've been spoiled with ESPN3 and NHRA AllAccess since 2011.
Old 1 Week Ago
Super Moderator

Read about it here too:

http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...ts-publication
Old 1 Week Ago

Interestingly enough, after investigation, the anonymous poster of Booth-Higgs letter of resignation also uploaded a copy of a legal document related to the NHRA - Labor Board dispute.

OK. Can we see it?
Old 1 Week Ago

NHRA names new producer

https://www.nhra.com/news/2018/reint...ducer-nhra-fox