CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 01-13-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
So it only takes one grade point to get into P/M? Or was that one point requirement just for Indy '16?

Are there any divisonal races on the schedule before 3/12/18?

My bet is she'll run P/M at the Gators with no grade points.

And isn't there a rule that disallows Pro racers from running in more than one Pro class per event? I know they can run both a sportsman class and a Pro class. But I thought they couldn't run in two pro classes per event.

And before I'm labled as a EE hater, I'm actaully a fan of hers.
Something doesn't make sense here. The 3 real Pro classes do not have any grade points or any way to get them. They only run at National meets. So: If Pro Mod gets grade points by running at Divisional meets they are really a Heads Up Sportsman class and that would not be running 2 "Pro" Classes. Not sure if this is just "Catch 22" or only another SNAFU by NHRA (Or a way to get more interest in Divisional Races).
Old 01-13-2018
Super Moderator

Pro Mod is not part of the Mello Yello series so its not considered a "Pro" class. They are their own series but are governed by the Sportmans Grade Point requirements for entry consideration which you need to race a National event. One point could get you in BUT when you have a waiting list of cars with more points and a full event quota almost every race with the existing group of cars now, its pretty tough to get in if you're new. Indy is allotted more entries so that's why we see a few different cars show up for that one as an example.
Old 01-13-2018
Super Moderator

Divisionals:

Orlando Feb 23-24
Gainesville March 9-10
No Problem Mar 2-4
Wild Horse Mar 2-4
Old 01-13-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
My bet is she'll run P/M at the Gators with no grade points.
I don't think so. RPM has made a point to publish the points requirements again just yesterday in response to her comments in this article.

Elite could have taken care of this last Fall at the Vegas divisional if they had read the rule book. Its unfortunate but I think they'll do what they need to do and get in. For anyone entering a new class, you gotta read the rule book.
Old 01-13-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
I don't think so. RPM has made a point to publish the points requirements again just yesterday in response to her comments in this article.

Elite could have taken care of this last Fall at the Vegas divisional if they had read the rule book. Its unfortunate but I think they'll do what they need to do and get in. For anyone entering a new class, you gotta read the rule book.
If you can get grade points from several different classes to count why can't she run Super Comp - Super Gas & P/M at the early Divisionals & add them up to go up the list. I'm pretty sure she can borrow or rent a car or two.
Old 01-13-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Gates View Post
If you can get grade points from several different classes to count why can't she run Super Comp - Super Gas & P/M at the early Divisionals & add them up to go up the list. I'm pretty sure she can borrow or rent a car or two.
She certainly could do that. I imagine time considerations, other commitments, cost and travel would be factors for her accomplishing that. Also keep in mind there are different opening dates for different grade levels to register. That could play a factor too.
Old 01-13-2018
Super Moderator

One more thing I'll mention is that at least 22 of the usual 28-30 racers in this class are entered at every event this season already. Puts a whole new light on things doesn't it? These guys are serious about this series.
Old 01-13-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
One more thing I'll mention is that at least 22 of the usual 28-30 racers in this class are entered at every event this season already. Puts a whole new light on things doesn't it? These guys are serious about this series.
Yeah but they sure want that $35K.

I found it interesting that owners are awarded grade points as well in the link you shared yesterday.
Old 01-13-2018

Quote:
LOL PRO/Mod?
On NHRA's own website the only list four classes in their Professional Class Standings:
https://www.nhra.com/standings/2017/...-championships
Nothing is mentioned of Pro Mod.

On NHRA's website's NHRA-101 listing all NHRA classes:
https://www.nhra.com/nhra-101/drag-racing-classes
The first four listed are Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Bike.
Pro Mod is listed at the very bottom even after Stock and the Index Classes.

NHRA didn't name Pro Mod, IHRA did many years before they ever ran at an NHRA national event.
I believe it was Bret Kepner that came up with the name but we would need to check with him to be sure.

Do you think NHRA is telling us something about their true feelings of Pro Mod?
Old 01-13-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by a21stud View Post
On NHRA's own website the only list four classes in their Professional Class Standings:
https://www.nhra.com/standings/2017/...-championships
Nothing is mentioned of Pro Mod.

On NHRA's website's NHRA-101 listing all NHRA classes:
https://www.nhra.com/nhra-101/drag-racing-classes
The first four listed are Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Bike.
Pro Mod is listed at the very bottom even after Stock and the Index Classes.

NHRA didn't name Pro Mod, IHRA did many years before they ever ran at an NHRA national event.
I believe it was Bret Kepner that came up with the name but we would need to check with him to be sure.

Do you think NHRA is telling us something about their true feelings of Pro Mod?
My post that you're replying to was written in an apparently failed satirical manner.