CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

View Poll Results: Which Brand of Pro Stock Car is Your Favorite?
Chevy 16 15.69%
Dodge 18 17.65%
Ford 60 58.82%
Pontiac 8 7.84%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtcoDave View Post
He probably found out the Dodge engine, err Ford engine, can't be competitive with the rules that NHRA made. ie rev limiter.
Ironic, Alan and Roy have switched to a Ford style symmetrical port layout head.
Look to be running better. EFI works better for this style of head. The original mirror design was developed for Carbs.
Old 06-14-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racemaster View Post
Ironic, Alan and Roy have switched to a Ford style symmetrical port layout head.
Look to be running better. EFI works better for this style of head. The original mirror design was developed for Carbs.
I first spotted that head on their car at Norwalk last year. I had posted that I saw a different vave cover that was obviously for a different head/engine on this site/forum at that time. V. Gaines' engine guy then chimed in saying it was the symetrical layout. They might even be onto another generation of that head.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

No posts for 5 months, I guess its over?
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by traxiii View Post
No posts for 5 months, I guess its over?
Maybe not if they allow any block & heads or generic engines. Force called his motor a Ford and then a Chevy (same engine) when he changed the stickers for car type & engine after he first went (back) to Chevrolet for sponsorship.The only thing that is different is now it's "I want to thank {Put your name here for money}" during interviews. It could work for Pro Stock also.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Gates View Post
Maybe not if they allow any block & heads or generic engines. Force called his motor a Ford and then a Chevy (same engine) when he changed the stickers for car type & engine after he first went (back) to Chevrolet for sponsorship.The only thing that is different is now it's "I want to thank {Put your name here for money}" during interviews. It could work for Pro Stock also.
Even though I'm old enough to remember when AMC Gremlins used Chrysler Torqueflights, GM Rochester 2 bbl carbs and Ford starter and alternaters; I can't see Ford sticking blue valve covers on a Chevy motor and saying here's a million bucks sponsorship money now go beat all those Camaro guys.

(I really thought/hoped this thread was done and now I've added to it. )
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default Boss nine

NHRA will not allow a real Ford engine to run in Pro Stock the Boss nine.

Rumor is the owners suggested the DRCE in any body style and brand. Did not originate from NHRA. The multi millionaire owners want to keep their class going and this is their idea on how to do it with Chevrolet sponsor money. Not a rule yet either.

Take the part number bovine scatology away and let anything run.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racemaster View Post
NHRA will not allow a real Ford engine to run in Pro Stock the Boss nine.

Rumor is the owners suggested the DRCE in any body style and brand. Did not originate from NHRA. The multi millionaire owners want to keep their class going and this is their idea on how to do it with Chevrolet sponsor money. Not a rule yet either.

Take the part number bovine scatology away and let anything run.
Ifyou remember right, they legislated the 426 HEMI out of the class in the days of the cubic inch to weight rules too.

NASCAR did the same. And when Dodge finally came back to NASCAR (2001?) Dodge was bringing their GenIII HEMI out and wished to run a HEMI they were told "absolutely NOT, we're not going down tht road again".
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
Ifyou remember right, they legislated the 426 HEMI out of the class in the days of the cubic inch to weight rules too.

NASCAR did the same. And when Dodge finally came back to NASCAR (2001?) Dodge was bringing their GenIII HEMI out and wished to run a HEMI they were told "absolutely NOT, we're not going down tht road again".
I remember it well. All to appease GM money.

Rumor says there is an old Indiana Boss that has been updated and 1500 HP on the pump. Part numbers are no longer in the rule book though.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post

Yota got the NASCAR deal this year. The Ford FR9 Cup engine has been restricted 2 times in the last 2 seasons. Lost 100 HP. Nothing for the Yota or Ragalay though.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Really? Not being a troll, but how were they restricted/changed?