CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 03-20-2016
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator_guy View Post
....think NHRA was instrumental in manufacturing this "rivalry" with that video they released.......
LOL I would hope so! You don't think Nascar does the same thing? They post "rivalry" articles right on their main website! Its big business for them. When they "fine" the drivers for some infraction because of a rivalry, don't think they don't milk the publicity wholeheartedly for it too.
Old 03-20-2016
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by odspice14 View Post
It wont even have a chance to be a rivalry. It will be about like the DSR /Hot Rod Fuller thing. Brittany will be racing and contending for a championship while Leah ends up on the sidelines. I predict by 2017 if not sooner.
It's possible it will be short-lived except to say I think the new sponsorship was secured for her so it might leg out longer.
Old 03-20-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twostep View Post
Wonder what happened to that guy, anyway??

There's a difference between a rivalry and being an A-hole. Not saying one of those two women is one...just saying.
I would Leah has a personality that makes the wicked witch look like a pleasant person. Ironic they are texting each other
Old 03-20-2016

Stay classy folks just remember this class has become one where the driver matters more than ever and the drive to win factors in as well.
Old 03-20-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by odspice14 View Post
Ironic they are texting each other
rivalry over.
Old 03-20-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post
rivalry over.
He meant Leah and Shirley lol.
Old 03-20-2016

She wins her first race in a car that Larry Dixon should have been driving. She couldn't carry Larry's lunch, as the saying goes. And I am really tired of someone winning a race and praising God for their win.
Old 03-20-2016

I'm assuming this is based on Leah's interview in Phoenix after the race.

I think if Leah had of said yea, I think a rivalry would be great and left it at that, it would have been OK. It was everything she said after that, that was a little over the top. I felt like like she just totally dismissed Brittany, kind of suggesting that because of her superior talent, Britt wouldn't be a factor in any rivalry that might occur. While I would agree that she has more experience at winning than Brittany but, I think their ability to drive a top fuel dragster is pretty close. I think Britt's biggest problem right now is getting the monkey off her back. I think once she does win, much like Erica, that flood gate is going to open. She's got a great car this year. She's improved her RT 's for the most part. And like Erica, I think once she wins, her RT's are going to get even better. And then, look out....

I wrote this prior to the semi-final. Forgot to log in, saved it in Word, and realized I needed to get back to AllAccess so I didnít miss the semi-final. But she made my point.

Just my biased opinion.
Old 03-20-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
Yup. This is why I never talk trash. LOL To many chances in this sport to look like a complete idiot the next time you're at the track!
Well that didn't take long !
Old 03-20-2016

So true.. Leah back to being a round 1 loser, and Brittany holding up the wally and leading the points. Lopsided rivalry.