Old 06-14-2017
Super Moderator

Default Summernationals Makes Broadcast History For NHRA

Wahoooooooo!

http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...n-nhra-history
Old 06-14-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
Well, that's nice and all - just curious as to what the numbers would have been if the NASCAR Monster Cup Race at Pocono event ended on time.....

To quote Darth Vader - "Don't be to proud of this technological terror you've constructed...."
Old 06-14-2017

Of the 1.6M, 1.4M were old people.

Sun. 11am show beat Sat. (prime time) Indycar's race as well:
http://forum.competitionplus.com/sho...853#post201853
Old 06-14-2017

That is pretty good news for the fans that really want to see NHRA drag racing succeed for many years to come...but for the ones that want to see it destruct in a big ball of flames...not so much.
Old 06-14-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Gray View Post
That is pretty good news for the fans that really want to see NHRA drag racing succeed for many years to come...but for the ones that want to see it destruct in a big ball of flames...not so much.
hopefully some of those NASCAR hold overs who were watching the end of Pocono will tune in to Bristol this weekend or head out to a track to see the races live.....that will be good news.
Old 06-15-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
hopefully some of those NASCAR hold overs who were watching the end of Pocono will tune in to Bristol this weekend or head out to a track to see the races live.....that will be good news.
Yep, and that could happen. Right now there are a lot of the long time NASCAR fans that are pretty upset with the direction NASCAR is going.
Old 06-15-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Gray View Post
Yep, and that could happen. Right now there are a lot of the long time NASCAR fans that are pretty upset with the direction NASCAR is going.
Change that to "the direction NASCAR took".

I was a die-hard fan from my childhood. I remember watching Richard Petty, Donnie Allison, David Pearson... on a black/white, console TV. I'm a MOPAR fan to this day because of Richard Petty.

But the chase format and manufactured yellow flags started to turn me away. The final straw was when the car of the future was introduced. Part of what I like about racing is the ingenuity people put into making something better than the other guy. Forcing people to drive a generic, standard car removed that.

I haven't watched in years. And probably never will again.
Old 06-15-2017

Were it not for tickets from a friend, I would not have been there on Saturday. Met a few people and we all came to the same conclusion, NHRA is pricing itself out, while the TV ratings may be good, the stands were far from packed. In the not too far past,we would sit in the parking lot for an hour becasue of line to leave, now we are out in 10 minutes. I love drag racing ,but I would rather see a packed house AND spectacular TV ratings.
Old 06-15-2017

[QUOTE=RVT1000;201870]Change that to "the direction NASCAR took".

I was a die-hard fan from my childhood. I remember watching Richard Petty, Donnie Allison, David Pearson... on a black/white, console TV. I'm a MOPAR fan to this day because of Richard Petty.

I was on the other side David Pearson, Used to listen to it on the radio. Watch an hour of figure skating just to see 5 minutes of the previous weeks race.
They ran me off when it was no longer "stock." At least then you could supposedly go to the local dealer and get the same parts.
Old 06-18-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVT1000 View Post
Change that to "the direction NASCAR took".

But the chase format and manufactured yellow flags started to turn me away. The final straw was when the car of the future was introduced. Part of what I like about racing is the ingenuity people put into making something better than the other guy. Forcing people to drive a generic, standard car removed that.

I haven't watched in years. And probably never will again.
How about dem Toyota push rod V-8's?