CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 07-18-2012

Default New Dragstrip???

Anybody know of any news about a dragstrip being built in Lake Havasu City, AZ??? Thought I had heard something but can't find any info anywhere.

If winning was easy losers would do it.
Old 07-18-2012

yes they are building a motorsports complex with a drag strip. not sure if its 1/8 mile or quarter mile. talked with a boat and off road racer and he told me that about a month ago.
Old 07-18-2012

I hope they keep the off road course a long ways away from the darg strip. Milan has been know to have dust from their dirt bike track blow onto the top end of the track.
Old 07-18-2012

Here is some news on the project.

http://www.havasunews.com/articles/2...6575751788.txt

We had a drag strip under construction here in the St. George, Utah area Red Hills Raceway*(actually in Hurricane by the DMV and correctional facility) but it's been delayed for quite some time. I believe it's a funding issue, but nothing would shock me around these parts....

Hopefully the Arizona project will come through....
Old 07-18-2012
Banned

Default Best of Luck.

Best of luck to them. Ninety acres seems to be a little small when you consider parking for a national event. But parking can sometimes be added off track.
Old 07-19-2012

Hope the organizers only plan for the track to be open in the winter & fall months. Lake Havasu City has the most brutal summer weather in the U.S. I wouldn't even consider anything other than late night racing there in June/July/August/September/October. Good luck if it comes to fruition.
Old 07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427 View Post
Best of luck to them. Ninety acres seems to be a little small when you consider parking for a national event. But parking can sometimes be added off track.
I'm not sure their intent is to become a National Event track...

Thanks Sin and Tim for the info. My racing partner might be moving down there and is excited to hear rumors about a track being opened.

If winning was easy losers would do it.
Old 07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427 View Post
Really depends how the acres are calculated. a 33' wide 1320 foot track is 1 acre. double that for the shut down, leaves room for 44 more tracks on the property. I dont think you need to worry about full capacity parking within their gates, go to the brickyard in indy and you are parking on peoples front lawns for 20 bucks.

I wonder if the people circulating the petitions for the tracks in arizona knew this was brewing.
Old 07-19-2012

At that time there will also be a ceremonial groundbreaking to begin construction the first purpose-built 1,000-foot, all concrete drag strip and racing facility. Huff proclaims that "One thousand foot is the future of drag racing."

http://dragracingonline.com/agent132...-xiv_7-29.html
Old 07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajunz1 View Post
At that time there will also be a ceremonial groundbreaking to begin construction the first purpose-built 1,000-foot, all concrete drag strip and racing facility. Huff proclaims that "One thousand foot is the future of drag racing."

http://dragracingonline.com/agent132...-xiv_7-29.html

1000 ft is the future.....wow...i guess I missed that memo...

LVMS does not race much in the winter month...would be nice to have somewhere else to race...I was hopping for the Red Hills Raceway in Southern Utah...but going to find it hard to tow to a 1000 ft or 1/8 track....JMO...