Welcome to our house - Page 2

Welcome to our house

2456

Comments

  • edited September 2006
    So what happened to my post I added to this thread yesterday?

    Let's try this again! Thanks for the nice, new forum, Bobby. I see lots of familiar faces here! :)
  • edited September 2006
    hey, bobby b! long time no talk to. just want to repeat what those before me have already said, and that's thanks! the comp plus e-zine has been a huge success and is one of the most popular racing sites on the web, and i'm sure this forum will be as well. :cool:
  • competitioncompetition Administrator
    edited September 2006
    The Phreak is in the house!
  • edited September 2006
    Well I will try to behave..might be hard ! Thanks for the new place to hang out.:D
  • edited September 2006
    Hello All! ;)
  • stephenkjstephenkj Member
    edited September 2006
    It would appear that the majority of us are "junior members", even the MAN himself, B. Bennett!;)

    How many posts do you have to make to move to the next level...whatever that is?:rolleyes:
  • PaulPaul Member
    edited September 2006
    Hello everyone.
    Just found this place.
    Thanx Bobby, for letting us hang out here.

    ace.jpg

    sigpic1.jpg
  • edited October 2006
    Hello all.

    Some of you will recognize me from the 'Mater and Deepstage.
  • edited October 2006
    sld72382 wrote:
    Hello all.
    Some of you will recognize me from the 'Mater and Deepstage.
    hi, sld72382. welcome to the board. ;)
  • competitioncompetition Administrator
    edited October 2006
    stephenkj wrote:
    It would appear that the majority of us are "junior members", even the MAN himself, B. Bennett!;)

    How many posts do you have to make to move to the next level...whatever that is?:rolleyes:

    after 30 posts you become a MEMBER

    after 100 posts you become a Senior Member
  • edited October 2006
    Seems like a great group of people!
  • edited October 2006
    Seems like a great group of people!
    welcome to the board, james! ;)
  • edited October 2006
    Why thank you --- yes I'm new here and look forward to watching some fur fly!

    So to speak...

    :D :D :D :D
  • NB Photo FlashNB Photo Flash Junior Member
    edited October 2006
    You can count me In!!!:cool:
  • competitioncompetition Administrator
    edited October 2006
    Norman is the man - Bobby Bennett
  • PrestagedPrestaged Senior Member
    edited December 2006
    I used to get on the net and go to:

    1. NHRA.com
    2. Nitromater.com
    3. Deepstage.net

    Now I go like this:

    1. NHRA.com
    2. Competitionplus.com/forum
    3. Nitromater.com
    4. Deepstage.net

    Bob Korreck is a mess, :D, but I enjoy reading his posts. He and I have the old man thing in common, and we are both now Floridians.

    Thanks, Bobby and crew!
  • competitioncompetition Administrator
    edited December 2006
    Roger,

    It's not a crime to come here first. :D
  • edited March 2007
    1st post so just wanted to say hello and Thank You to whoever is running this site.
    I have been looking for a forum to try and keep up with all the stories that happen when ESPN is strapped for time and you just get quick glimpses of whats going on:)
    I am just a fan who likes the competition of the teams and their machines I have never been to a race but maybe someday.
    And if I ask a question easy on the flames I'm not all that knowledgeable about the sport:D
  • edited March 2007
    Check one, two...Is this thing on?? :p

    Thanks for the welcome, Mr. Bennett.... I hope to play fair and nice in your house..:D
  • WillyWilly Administrator
    edited June 2007
    ....I'm Willy, from the NW side of Chicago.
    Lifelong drag racing fanatic.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    Opinionated and respectful of yours.
    See ya around.
  • EppingEpping Senior Member
    edited June 2007
    Willy wrote:
    ....I'm Willy, from the NW side of Chicago.
    Lifelong drag racing fanatic.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    Opinionated and respectful of yours.
    See ya around.

    Pleased to meet you Willy, but I think you are looking for the Torco dating web site. Outside of Shorty I do not think there are many women at this site. You will find a lot of sensitive men, some seem to cry and have tantrums often.

    Before you all start bashing me " I am only having fun" at Willy's expense. I realize he is not looking for a dating web site.( I think)
  • WillyWilly Administrator
    edited June 2007
    No offense taken, Epping.

    Anyway, my wife would be kinda pissed if I was dating on the web. She'd rather I do it at the bar.
  • edited June 2007
    Can anyone tell me what software is being used for this forum?
  • edited June 2007
    FAQ- 1. Don't act stupid.
    OK.
    Just glad to be here. At my age I'm glad to be anywhere.
  • edited June 2007
    I believe it's vbulletin (see vbulletin.org).
  • edited June 2007
    clwill wrote:
    I believe it's vbulletin (see vbulletin.org).

    Thanks, I thought so.
  • Jerry GillesJerry Gilles Senior Member
    edited July 2007
    just want to say thanks for the message board, Bobby. The sugar coated Mater is ok, but this is the shot in the arm the community needed.. glad I found it.
  • edited May 2008
    Yes indeed !
  • RaceyGirlRaceyGirl Member
    edited July 2008
    Long time reader, first time poster! I've been reading and following the activity for a while now and decided it was time to register a login name. I think I am delusional, however, as I don't think I've qualified as "girl" for some time! :eek: But I kinda liked the sound of RaceyGirl.

    Anway, hello from Indiana. As you may know, Indiana is shaped like a sock -- I live in the toe. The husband and I have been drag racing together for 20+ years. Actually, he races; I do the rest of the work! Look forward to more interaction with everyone -- at least I think I do! Next, I must find something interesting to use for my avatar.
  • Jerry GillesJerry Gilles Senior Member
    edited July 2008
    RaceyGirl wrote:
    Long time reader, first time poster! I've been reading and following the activity for a while now and decided it was time to register a login name. I think I am delusional, however, as I don't think I've qualified as "girl" for some time! :eek: But I kinda liked the sound of RaceyGirl.

    Anway, hello from Indiana. As you may know, Indiana is shaped like a sock -- I live in the toe. The husband and I have been drag racing together for 20+ years. Actually, he races; I do the rest of the work! Look forward to more interaction with everyone -- at least I think I do! Next, I must find something interesting to use for my avatar.
    welcome RaceyGirl! I live in the cuff! :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.