Welcome to our house - Page 3

Welcome to our house

Comments

• shortywarnshortywarn Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    thank you for giving us a great site,,,, and keeping it going without said name sponsor leaving.

i can only imagine the time,,,, money ,,,hardwork and sweat that goes into maintaining this,,,,,,and without a doubt many of us overlook or complain, or nitpick,,,, i guess i'm trying to say,,, a sometimes thankless job

thank you,,, very much!!!!!
  • DragFanDragFan Senior Member
    edited July 2009
    This site seems alot more active than speedtv.com's drag forum....Been lurking for a month or so...keep up the good work :)
  • WillyWilly Administrator
    edited February 2010
    New Members......We encourage you to introduce yourself in this thread.

And Welcome!
  • ratonabikeratonabike Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    so totally agree with everyone before me... haven't even read the whole thread... this site is THE best drag racing site around.. ok, i've only checked out a few, but this one rocks hard.... so many knowledgeable people... who don't hold back... major props to you people who run it, and people who post on it... i still don't even know who completely... ntroduce yourselves! my hands are completely black in dirty grease from working on a friends car right now, and i'm making a huge mess of my keyboard... maybe that's why they don't make keyboards in white...
  • larrydavis427larrydavis427 Banned
    edited June 2010
    This is a great site. I personally will support Attitude Apparel for there logo on the site.
  • SHRAonline.comSHRAonline.com Junior Member
    edited July 2010
    this is steve from the SHRA hi
  • techrat_77techrat_77 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    this is steve from the SHRA hi

You're from the Social Housing Reform Act?? :D
  • SHRAonline.comSHRAonline.com Junior Member
    edited July 2010
    techrat_77 wrote: »
    You're from the Social Housing Reform Act?? :D
    no the new southern hot rod asc.
  • techrat_77techrat_77 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    no the new southern hot rod asc.

I know, I was just funnin' with ya! Welcome aboard!
  • Baja Rd RunnerBaja Rd Runner Junior Member
    edited July 2010
    Willy informed me that this is where newbies introduce themselves so here goes!

My name is Dick Clark, I'm 66 yrs old. From abt 1967 thru 1971 I was involved with a top fuel car running out of Shawfrank Engineering of Des Plaines, IL. We ran the old UDRA top fuel circuit and most of the bigger National events. We worked closely with Ron Colson, Powers & Riley, Dick La Haie, Freddie Welchman, Dale & Dean Creasy and more in the top fuel circuit and were also close with most of the flopper guys at UDRA, Don Schumacher, Farkonis, Coil & Minnick, Arnie Beswick etc among others. Naturally, Ed Rachanski was well known to all of us. Jon Asher was also a regular fixture at most of our events, then, a freelance photog. At the same time that Don Garlits was building what came to be known as the 1st rear engine top fuel car, we were building the 1st rear engine top fuel car....really! We went to John Buttera and Dennis Rolain at R&B race cars up in WI and laid out and built a 235 inch rear engine top fueler. Turns out that Garlits got his car on the track a week or soo before we did. he was in FL and our closest track was Union Grove, WI (where the weathersucked compared to FL) Hence, Garlits got there about a nano-second before we did. Now we're all old guys looking to hook up with old friends......
    edited July 2010
    Willy informed me that this is where newbies introduce themselves so here goes!

My name is Dick Clark......

Wow! Welcome Dick! We are glad you are here. :cool:

New policy to drop a Welcome note to new forum members...
  • fuelfanfuelfan Super Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Welcome Dick!

I grew up near Des Plaines, of course that was before I knew what a top fuel car was!

The first time I went to Union Grove was in the 80's.

Where the great ones RUN!!!!!!
  • shaketown daveshaketown dave Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    welcome dick.allways good to have fuel folks on here.whereabouts in baja?great place down there
  • edited July 2010
    welcome dick....grew up racing at union grove from 1970 to 1978....the olympics of drag racing...use to run c/sa....a/mp...super gas..remember the udra guys....jack dittmar and the opel cadet...fontananni and nananni...mr.norms...chi-town hustler...and the coca cola calavcade of stars...
    edited July 2010
    welcome dick....grew up racing at union grove from 1970 to 1978....the olympics of drag racing...use to run c/sa....a/mp...super gas..remember the udra guys....jack dittmar and the opel cadet...fontananni and nananni...mr.norms...chi-town hustler...and the coca cola calavcade of stars...

welcome back my brother.good to see your alive & well
  • FootbrakeFootbrake Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    I just wanted to introduce myself,
    I am Jeff, from northern California.
    I got started in the early 70's with a guy who would be my partner for 30 years at an 1/8 mile track that was just south of San Francisco.
    I took my name Footbrake from the days when I footbraked a dragster in brackets and supercomp.
    Footbrake in supercomp you say??
    Yup, and we did halfway decent racing locally,
    could still go red, and would go 1.17-1.20 in 60.
    I stopped racing a few years ago, but still like to keep up with whats going on.

Jeff
    edited July 2010
    Howdy to you Jeff, and welcome...

Look forward to your comments when the next great electronics/no electronics Super class debate comes up. ;)
  • FootbrakeFootbrake Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Willy wrote: »
    Look forward to your comments when the next great electronics/no electronics Super class debate comes up. ;)

I did finally come over to the dark side the last couple of years...:D
    The no box classes I have seen are all .5 tree, even at my age I would be red 95% of the time...:rolleyes:
    now a .4 no box, I could get into that...
  • chad rhodeschad rhodes Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Used to be a member here years ago, figured I would reintroduce myself

My name is Chad Rhodes, I race NHRA stock eliminator (AA/SA or I/SA depending on which car). I've grown up around the sport and at times worked in the industry. I'm 32 and a mechanical engineering student. I also own business. I've been actively involved in stock for 10 years, and have built/tuned a trubo drag radial mustang as well for some local 1/8 mile racing. I consider myself a student of the sport and am always trying to learn more.
    edited August 2010
    Good to have you back Chad....
  • antdogbmxantdogbmx Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    My Name is Anthony antdog Brown from edison new jersey. I live 25 minutes from e-town and I have been going since the age of 5. First off I love drag racing. I am also an avid BMX racer. I am a NBL race reporter photographer and racer. I believe both sports have alot in common. It takes skill and strength to do both.

I am also married to a wonderful wife Lorrraine Brown aka Mrs antdog. She will not watch it on TV, but she knows the difference between alky and nitro cars just by the sound. She also supports my bmx habit. Since I cant afford a hot rod(yet) I collect and build BMX bikes.

My ultimate goal is to have a bmx themed car at a race one day. It is funny I did not realize that Del Worsham was an ex bmx racer until a few years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-4wCzuLQ-o

this is from this past season. I also work with this company

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkQXCfGubes

All in all I owe all my success to god. This is what happened to me last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAY8HOnEc8w

If anyone reading this is going through something, remember when you give up you lose- never give up.

Feel free to visit
    http://antdogbmx.com/

I hope to make many new friends and maybe I can find a way to link the two sports I love
  • TwostepTwostep Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Well, AntDog, welcome to the fray. I'm a relative short-timer here myself but I've enjoyed it thoroughly so far. I never tried BMX and I'm too old to learn. I MX'd an old OSSA 250 motorcycle years (lots of years) ago; does that count?

Enjoy your stay. :)
    Twostep
  • DSRFan1DSRFan1 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Welcome to the boards!
    edited August 2010
    You are never to old.

I got to talk to Phares Parsons from GA. Phares is the worlds oldest BMXer at 76 and he's still racing!!!! He recieved a NBL Lifetime Membership Gold Card ...http://www.cac-tv.com/tag/bmx/

I rest my case :) Look at the greek he is still out there :)
  • TwostepTwostep Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    I suppose I should have said "I'm too old to be WILLING to learn"...;)

A family friend, a 75 year old bike nut who didn't get interested until after he turned 60, recently finished riding to a high school reunion. He lives in Boulder, Colorado. He went to school in Minneapolis. So, anything's possible if the will is strong.

BMX? Don't think so. Unfortunately, I've grown a bit too lazy for that. I'd be glad to watch you make a few laps, though..:)
    edited August 2010
    Well my wife wont let me drag race- so bmx is my outlet, but one day the mini van (yes I said mini van it hauls my bikes) might have to make a pass at e-town
  • Sin-City OutlawSin-City Outlaw Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Glad to be back on the board.....Twostep...Willy....Shakedown Dave...Fuel...Had to change things around but its all good now....So what have i missed....lmao
    Craig
  • E BRUNSE BRUNS Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Hey good to see you back OUTLAW...........Also good to hear you're onto a better road !!!!!!.................E
    edited September 2010
    glad your back my brother.we'll be hangin out next month.lookin forward to that
  • outlaw95outlaw95 Junior Member
    edited November 2010
    hey all im new here just wanted to say hi and hope to get some usefull info

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.