Welcome to our house - Page 4

Welcome to our house

Comments

• PariseRacingPariseRacing Member
    edited November 2010
    Hello All......

Just wanted to say Hello. Been reading the board, finally decided to join in the fun! ...............

~Dina ~
  • WillyWilly Administrator
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for checking in outlaw95 & PariseRacing!

....and Dina Parise, that is an impressive team that you and Andrew have. Great website also. We hope to hear more from you on the Forum.
  • Dave_85Dave_85 Senior Member
    edited November 2010

Just wanted to say Hello. Been reading the board, finally decided to join in the fun! ...............

~Dina ~

Same here, I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to register. I've been a fan of drag racing all my life and hope to someday be a championship winning crew chief.
  • TwostepTwostep Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Welcome, all, from a longtime x-racer (SG, brackets) who's a relative newbie to this forum myself. I just talk a lot. Not sure if that's good or bad. :rolleyes:

Anyway, glad to have you aboard. And Dave, keep the dream alive. Every crew chief out there started where you are now - with a goal and plenty of ambition. Hang in there. ;)
  • Eugene GrayEugene Gray Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Hi every one, I have been reading your posts from time to time, and you cover a lot of good subjects, so I figured I might as well join. I have always liked Competition Plus, and I am looking forward to getting involved in some of your discussions.
  • RPeytonRPeyton Junior Member
    edited February 2011
    I've been a fan of the website for years, actually it's my first choice for drag racing news, so it's exciting for me to now be a member. I've been a Pro Stock fan from the beginning of the class, yea I just dated myself! Throughout the years I've been fortunate enough to have traveled with and helped such reacers as Lee Edwards and Carlton Phillips. I look forward to participating in the forum!
  • 1320wayne1320wayne Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    Howdy everyone. Glad to be here. My name is Wayne and I am an ex racer due mainly in part to life issues, finances, etc.. Now I live my life vicariously through the sport of drag racing by building models of my favorite subjects.

I've actually been building for years, and many different subject matter but primarily drag racing. I hope to be hanging out here quite a bit.
  • The DoctorThe Doctor Member
    edited April 2011
    Newby here! Family race team with Funny Cars and dragsters. We also build flat bottom circle race boats from time to time. (three last year)
  • TwostepTwostep Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Hello, Doc. :) Always glad to see a fellow racer join the party. I'll be looking forward to conversing with you. TS
  • Sin-City OutlawSin-City Outlaw Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    welcome Doc and everyone else to the insane asylum....lmao... bunch of great guys on here....
  • mistervmisterv Junior Member
    edited April 2011
    Come on in...have fun...simple rule - don't act stupid.
    Will do our best but it is asking a lot:)
  • Dave YonemuraDave Yonemura Member
    edited May 2011
    Hi everyone, My name is Dave Yonemura. I live 40 miles north of Salt Lake City, in a meth-head loaded town called Ogden. I've been a fan of dragracing since 1968, when I attended my first Dragrace at age 10. Lately, I've been crewing for 2 local bracket racers, and I manage Felt Automotive Machine in Ogden, Ut. Sponser of Jack and Brett Harris' Nitro Thunder AA/FD and AA/FC.
  • cabowabocabowabo Junior Member
    edited May 2011
    (KNOCK KNOCK) hola
  • cabowabocabowabo Junior Member
    edited May 2011
    HOLA! waz up ,its cabowabo party time my name is quentin im from northern california in the wine county ,the real wine county sonoma county (sears point /infineon )raceway ,i got a 72 chevy c10 truck which im in the middle of the pro street build,so far its coming along real nice ,i had a 70 gmc with 355 supercharged c10 few years back sold it for medical bills,
    now im having a fab hot rod shop do the work on this one for fab work i did the rebuilding the doors and windows and regulator and door panels by hyrdographixs with film skulls and smoke print ,im hoping to have it done by june 12 so i can take to the peggy sue cruze
    any way just wanted to say hello from california, i post the pixs up
  • Brute ForceBrute Force Member
    edited June 2011
    i'm just an old fart who loves drag racing. met bennett a long time ago. pretty cool cat.
  • Tim CharletTim Charlet Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    New Account....same person....

Let's have some fun....:cool:
  • HEMIFREDHEMIFRED Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    Greetings !!!
  • bottombulbbottombulb Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    Hey, new guy from Missouri here. Been around for the forums a few years just decided it was time to sign up!
  • WillyWilly Administrator
    edited July 2011
    We're glad that you and the other recent arrivals have!

Related note.......we are in the process of clearing a backlog (technical issues) of new member requests. If you are one of those waiting, please be bear with us. Your patience is appreciated.
  • techdivertechdiver Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    I raced regularly back in the 60's in Stock and Modified Production classes. Got a Super Comp license last year through Frank Hawley and am now hoping to somehow find the money to race again.
  • mossybackmossyback Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Hello to all ! Thank you for allowing me to participate in the forums. I am 58 years old and have been around drag racing since I was just 10 years old. I got bitten by the bug very early in life as our neighbor had an injected fuel altered, and me and my little brother would help out as we traveled to the races in the southeast with him! I actually drove the push start vehicle as young as 14 ! We participated in the first race at "Thunder Valley", Bristol, Tennessee. My brother and me built and competed in the Top Dragster class in the early '90's, but I had to quit when I lost my job and started my own business, and have regretted quitting ever since! I am an avid fan and love this sport with fervent passion! I still go to the track and hang out with friends that race, and visit the drag race forums daily. I try to keep an informed perspective on this truly phenomenal sport ! I have lurked around this site for several years and am most grateful to observe and hopefully participate and contribute in some small way.
  • shaketown daveshaketown dave Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    welcome to the forum.think you'll like it here
  • Eugene GrayEugene Gray Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    "Caution"...this forum may be addictive.:)
  • oliveroliver Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the welcome note board staff.

Lifelong hot rod fanatic & reader of the Editor since he was on paper. And figured I should return in support of him and the board.
    Was a member for a short time at the begining. Let account go dead soon after. Lurking showed much improvement. Especially over the past year.
    Good job staff & membership!
  • mtheulenmtheulen Member
    edited September 2011
    Hello All!
    Been reading the post's for quite some time.Decided to register to post myself from time to time.Really enjoy Comp Plus!
    Mike
  • lweaponlweapon Junior Member
    edited October 2011
    Hello everyone
    I am new to this site and am looking forward to the conversations one and all.I have been racing for 30 some years now.I had to take a break in 03 but am coming back now. I have a new engine,trailer and am selling my car and building a new one to go have some fun with.
  • LasVegas87LasVegas87 Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Hi everyone,

Been reading the forum for a year or so, finally signed up a while back so I could get involved in a discussion or two. Attended Pomona and/or Phoenix as a kid every year with my father for many years. Raced an Alcohol dragster in sand drags back in the late 80's and early 90's (Duane Shields raced with us) and now race a dirt modified while keeping tabs on drag racing. Attend both Las Vegas events every year now.

Thanks for having me.
    Dan
  • mark waltermark walter Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Howdy gang!

Just stopping in to say hello...not new to the sport, but since I haven't posted here before thought I'd let you know a little about myself.

I've raced off and on since 1974 starting at 75/80 in Moravia MD. I think all in all I've raced or covered races at nearly 70 tracks across the US and Canada. Not nearly as many as my buddy Kepner or Roger Richards, but something noteworthy none the less.

We are into mostly the fast door car/outlaw style of racing. Some of you have watched our streaming coverage over the years. We plan to do more of that this year, just uncertain who, what or where.

We've also ministered at many of the tracks we've visited through JAMA Racing ministry.

Take care!
    Mark
  • GolfRacerGolfRacer Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I'll try not to act stupid but I'm an old guy so sometimes I forget where I'm at. Like the other day on the golf course I said a curse word when I missed my 5th putt. I should be cursing after the 3rd putt.

Bumped my knee on those silly concrete barriers at the ticket entrance in Pomona. Learned a new word combination there also....

Happy New Year to all...
  • Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Hey All,
    Great to be here! I'll start out with words of wisdom given to me as a driver.

Definition of a shakedown pass: "Go out there, hit the gas and see if anything falls off."

"When you let go of that button a million things can happen... and only two of them are good."

Words to live by in my book! Have a great day!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.