Welcome to our house - Page 5

Welcome to our house

Comments

• 8secstreetcar8secstreetcar Junior Member
    edited February 2012
    Happy to be here. Been around a while, finally decided to post.
  • shaketown daveshaketown dave Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    welcome to both of you.where are you from?
  • slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Hello everyone.

I am a member of a skyscraper forum and new members (or user name change) must provide a delicious food recipe, so here it goes:
    Sweet Pickles (family recipe):
    6 cups sugar
    1 1/2 cups water
    1 cup white vinegar
    Alum
    1 gal. Vlassic Kosher pickles

Bring sugar, water, and vinegar to a boil to dissolve sugar. Cool. Rinse pickles in cool water. Slice round (like for hamburgers) and sprinkle with alum as slicing. Pour vinegar/sugar mixture over sliced pickles and put into jar. Close lids tight and refrigerate.

Enjoy!

NHRA member 1985-2010
    Cheers
  • mammyjammermammyjammer Junior Member
    edited February 2012
    I am a long time Drag Race fan who has been looking for decent Drag forum for quite some time. Plan on making the move from spectator to casual participant in the next year or so!!!:cool:
  • Elvis1641Elvis1641 Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm a retired school administrator who has been a fan of drag racing for about 51 years. I live in northeast Tennessee, about 15 miles from Bristol Motor Speedway. I've been attending the drags at BMS since 1965.
  • nazcaracingnazcaracing Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    New member here looking forward to being here I am a retired Plant Manager . Have been drag racing on and off for way too long Currently run a 6 second Pro Mod and a 8 sec bracket car
  • dragswifedragswife Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    Hello all you drag racers and fans! I joined this forum to educate myself. My hubby is a long time follower of the sport. I've made it my business to learn all that I can. As a result I enjoy the sport more then I would have ever imagined! Competition Plus offers way more information then the other sites I have hit up. Thanks for all the work you put into this site!!
  • WillyWilly Administrator
    edited August 2012
    A sincere Welcome to all of our recently signed up members.....

....and Thank You for the kind words dragswife.
  • competitioncompetition Administrator
    edited August 2012
    Welcome to the family Wifey :-)
  • Tuttle81Tuttle81 Junior Member
    edited September 2012
    Hello all. I've looked at this forum for quite a while and have finally decided to join so I could post! Been going to National Events for 18 years and try to frequent my local track, Beech Bend, as much as possible.
  • placeboplacebo Junior Member
    edited September 2012
    Got a pm from Willie to introduce myself. Found this site while trying to gain more knowlege about NHRA pro categories. I am usually a short poster, but this first one will be kinda long. My screenname, "placebo", is because dragracing and boating make me feel better.:p I hang out on a couple of boating sites, RDP and Performance boats but drag race talk gets buried pretty quick on those sites. In fact I saw one screenname from here, that is a member at those sites. I have a goal to visit every venue starting with the ones that host PSM. So far I have attended Indy last weekend, Vegas, Pomona(year JF got his 15th), and Phoenix several times. I live in Tucson, AZ and got my first taste at a test and tune here when the pros still came. FC is my favorite class and JFR is favorite team, I know, I just alienated some of you.:D Also I cheer for whoever is in the other lane against G Anderson, he is probably reading this.:eek: I like S.Torrence in TF, K. Stoffer and the Hectors in PSM. That should be enough to get some responses. Look forward to thrashing with everyone here.:cool:
  • tubbed1955tubbed1955 Junior Member
    edited September 2012
    Come on in...have fun...simple rule - don't act stupid.

Thank You, Looks like a nice place to hang out :)
  • dusterboydusterboy Junior Member
    edited September 2012
    Gotcha!:) will do!
  • RoperDesign&FabRoperDesign&Fab Junior Member
    edited October 2012
    Glad to be new members!
  • Sketch1982Sketch1982 Junior Member
    edited November 2012
    Hey everybody! Huge pro mod & fuel altered fan here. Anxious to start reading and posting.
  • Lugs HarveyLugs Harvey Junior Member
    edited November 2012
    I just signed up today, been lurking a few times and liked what I've seen. :)
  • nitromike66nitromike66 Junior Member
    edited November 2012
    Hello all, new member here, my dad ran junior stockers back in the late sixties, I was partners in a 9 sec. bracket Vega for a while, crewed on my buddies 7 sec. Top Sportsman car (until he crashed it!) and currently crew on another friends 32' Bantam Altered that we run in Top Dragster. Hope to get back behind the wheel again someday!...$$$:)
  • HockeybikeHockeybike Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Hello everyone, I'm new here. I've been a drag racing fan since the early 80's when my dad took me over to Indy for my first US Nationals race. Been hooked ever since. I'm just a fan, I don't have any practical knowledge or experience in racing but I just really enjoy all elements of drag racing from the super stocks to Top Fuel. I'm looking forward to enjoying the forum!
  • FabFreakFabFreak Junior Member
    edited December 2012
    Welcome! I used to live in Ohio. plenty of good drag racing there! my home tracks were Norwalk and Dragway42, and occasionaly Quaker City.
  • chopmercchopmerc Junior Member
    edited December 2012
    I am new to this forum....what a blast this whole thing is. Very nice to get multiple responses from different or even the same perpsective from so many gearheads!! My website for drag racing art is right down everybody's alley. I look forward to seeing a huge volume of nostagic photos on these blogs.
  • mjeanoomjeanoo Junior Member
    edited January 2013
    hello board, my name is mike and i want to thank willie for the welcome to the board.i am currently building a front engine dragster that is almost finished.i look forward to getting to know everybody.
  • OCBarryOCBarry Junior Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm Barry, worked on a AA/Fuel front motor dragster in the 60's, bracket raced in the 70's, now I race Offshore Power Boats, but drag racing is still in my blood, especially the fuel cars.
    edited January 2013
    Welcome guys....... a number of us got a thing for dragsters with the engine up front.
  • wantobewantobe Junior Member
    edited January 2013
    My name is Jeffrey. First thank Willy for helping me get on this forum. Drag racing is totally new to me, never been to an event. It draws my attention because I want to build extremely light car and find that drag race vehicles have light components. I will start shooting out questions once I find the doors and ways of this forum.
    edited January 2013
    Happy to help Jeffrey.... Many knowlegable members here that are also happy to share.

And Welcome.
  • racer12306racer12306 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi all, my name is Frank.

New to the forum, but definitely not new to drag racing. I started going to the track when I was very young and helped my dad every week for years. Even started Jr racing myself when I was 10.

Haven't been to the track in a few years, but now that my daughters are getting close to the age where they may I enjoy it, I hope to take them and maybe get one of them involved.
  • blbuschblbusch Junior Member
    edited January 2013
    Hey....my name is Brandon. New to the forum, but I've been around drag racing since the mid 90's and have been bracket racing myself since '08. Looking forward to the interesting topics on here...
  • twintownterrortwintownterror Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Welcome Frank & Brandon. You'll like it here... And you joined just in time to get in on Fantasy Drag Racing! Frank your girls might like to be involved with you in that if they are fans of the sport... it help me with getting my girlfriend more involved with the sport.

You'll talk to everyone from drag racing legends to regular drag racing fans almost all of them are pretty great people.
  • racer12306racer12306 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks.

I've noticed that a number of people talk from experience. I'd be curious to see the real names behind the screen names. I'll have to browse through this thread more soon.
  • JeffinNYJeffinNY Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi all, another drag racing fan here. I've only been really following the sport for a few years. I've been to my local bracket track a good number of times, then finally decided to go to a NHRA National event( Norwalk 2011). Now I'm really hooked, the cars, the noise, the people, just everything about it. Last year I was able to go to Charlotte for the 4-wide race. This year, I'm going to try to go to Charlotte in April and Reading in October. I'm here because I also enjoy the behind the scenes news and the history of drag racing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.