Welcome to our house - Page 6

Welcome to our house

12346»

Comments

• Pro Stock FanPro Stock Fan Junior Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi. Have been coming on this site for many years,finally got around to registering. Hoping to participate in some forums without looking too stupid.
  • shakeysnakeshakeysnake Junior Member
    edited February 2013
    as a funny car owner there are things i can share and things to learn. i will try and do what my dad used to say."keep your mouth shut and your ears open and you might learn something". willy thanks for the welcome...:D
  • camdude456camdude456 Junior Member
    edited February 2013
    hi my name is cameron and im form the uk.i am a big nhra drag racing fan. i hpoe to one day come over to the states and go to a drag race meeting:D
  • AkhenatonAkhenaton Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    New here, but long time follower and fan. Looking forward to looking around and learning a thing or two.
  • John BockelmanJohn Bockelman Junior Member
    edited March 2013
    Hello, all. I'm a long-time CompPlus reader. Houston, Texas area. Thought I'd sign up and hang out. It's a great forum...I'll learn a lot here! JB
  • capt.merccapt.merc Junior Member
    edited June 2013
    Hello all, I have lurked here for years now, and on rare occasions have wanted to respond to a post, so here I am.
    I live in the Bahamas and have been an NHRA fan since the 60's, glad to be a member of the site.
  • carmad1957carmad1957 Junior Member
    edited June 2014
    Well hello there! Not actually a "newbie", but haven't been actively building for the last couple of years....ya know, those old man health issues~ BUT, back at it again and really glad that I came back to this forum. What a great group of fellas!
    I live in Oklahoma City, been buildin' (or attempting to anyway!) for a little over 10 years and I absolutely love it! Have a pro mod project in the works and getting it underway shortly. Thanks so much for allowing me to be involved with this group....it's my favorite!
    Let's get to buildin!!
    :D
  • WillyWilly Administrator
    edited June 2014
    Welcome Back!
  • techrat_77techrat_77 Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    I can't believe it's been 10 years since I've joined this forum board. Hats off to Bobby and all the gang at Comp+ for keeping this thing going for so long without slowing down and slacking off! Hope we all still have at least 10 more to come, and that includes continuation of the sport we all love so much!
    edited September 2016
    techrat_77 wrote: »
    I can't believe it's been 10 years since I've joined this forum board. Hats off to Bobby and all the gang at Comp+ for keeping this thing going for so long without slowing down and slacking off! Hope we all still have at least 10 more to come, and that includes continuation of the sport we all love so much!

Happy Anniversary TR!

And thanks!
  • a21studa21stud Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    Willy or Yvonne; what’s the protocol for listing people that have passed? The tragic on-track death at the NHRA sanctioned Sonoma track and the shooting deaths at the Georgia track are listed under “General Discussion” while the numerous high profile drag racers that have passed on this year are listed in the “NHRA” section.

Is there a protocol for listing “negative to drag racing” items under the “General discussion” heading where similar items are listed in the NHRA heading if not negative to drag racing or NHRA? I’m not trying to start anything, just would like to know how you want us to post.
    edited April 2018
    There is no protocol for this, except that when there is nothing more than a tenuous connection to a specific category, it falls here. And by ''here" I mean General Discussion, where I might add there are plenty of positive postings.
  • Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Its a good question. My feeling is that if something happens at a non-sanctioned track, or unspecified race or event it will likely go here. A current racer, crew member, owner etc who is active in a specific organization listed under current forum category (i.e. NHRA, IHRA etc) the announcement would go there. If its an industry personality probably here too usually. It just kind of depends on a few things.
  • Glad to be part of this community.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.