Hellcat price

Hellcat price

anotheridiotanotheridiot Senior Member
edited April 2015 in NHRA
Dodge announced the 2015 Charger Hellcat will have a stating price of $63,995 including a $1,700 gas-guzzler tax. At 707hp, they claim the Hellcat Charger is “the world’s quickest, fastest, most powerful sedan,” We can’t think of any more powerful sedans, not new ones at least, and we also can’t think of many new sedans we’d rather put in our driveway.

Read more: http://blogs.hotrod.com/dodge-charger-hellcat-pric-announced-146655.html#ixzz3GhyH6w1D

I think more people would pay that if they left the two back doors off.

Comments

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    remember... that's minimum price ;)
    I think this first year you wont be able to get one unless you pay $70k. Now you're getting in to Zo6 territory.
  • Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator
    edited October 2014
    This one went for $825,000 at auction!

BB6ge8X.img?h=484&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f
    edited October 2014
    With that $$$, I'd rather get 10 regular Hellcats and PLENTY of rear tires! lol
  • racer12306racer12306 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    slugbelch wrote: »
    I think this first year you wont be able to get one unless you pay $70k. Now you're getting in to Zo6 territory.

I bet that number is closer to six digits.

You can't load your family in a Z06.
    edited October 2014
    I'm not so sure you would want your family in a 707hp anything.

...or 825hp:

http://jalopnik.com/source-hellcat-dynod-up-to-825-hp-but-may-have-emissio-1634869860
  • HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    slugbelch wrote: »

I read an interview with the CEO of Dodge who said they are allocating the beasts to dealers who sell the most of them. Those who mark-up and gouge will most certainly sell the least of them. IN other words, you're going to get a better deal when the allocate the second batch of them.
    edited October 2014
    I was supposed to keep this under my hat but... watch for a Hellcat Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Everyone needs a 707hp SUV right? I'd just like to see a Hellcat Ram!
  • bvandrasikbvandrasik Junior Member
    edited October 2014
    I think more people would pay that if they left the two back doors off.

That would be the Hellcat Challenger
    edited October 2014
    bvandrasik wrote: »
    That would be the Hellcat Challenger

My thought exactly.
  • GolfRacerGolfRacer Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    racer12306 wrote: »
    I bet that number is closer to six digits.

You can't load your family in a Z06.

I have my Z06 ordered. I don't want to take my family with me!
  • spectator_guyspectator_guy Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm going to guess that sp
  • anotheridiotanotheridiot Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    always depreciation driving it off the lot, if they paid over sticker that most are expecting and didnt add any insurance for that I say this party is gonna lose their ass.
    edited December 2014
    With their intentions to mass produce these beasts to the general public, we're going to see a LOT more of this. There's a LOT of idgets that can afford $60-$80K for these things whith NO CLUE as to how NOT to drive them. 500 hp is radical enough to really get people in to bad trouble as it is. These things should come with a driver training course built into the price.
  • spectator_guyspectator_guy Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Darwin's law will take care of the weak links.....:D
    edited March 2015
    I see the Hellcats are being recalled due to possible fuel leaks!! Wow! Imagine that scenario on the street.
  • TwostepTwostep Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Yvonne* wrote: »
    I see the Hellcats are being recalled due to possible fuel leaks!! Wow! Imagine that scenario on the street.

For one small, improperly installed seal. A potential catastrophe to be sure, but not an indication of poor overall quality.

The problem Dodge is having with the Hellcats right now is dealers refusing to sell them, period. A Hellcat sitting on the showroom floor is better than any media advertising they could buy, so that's exactly what they're doing...parking them center-stage and using them as a huge traffic magnet. Dodge just told the dealers "no more of that" a couple of days ago - and if you're caught doing it, you just received your last Hellcat.

Dodge would prefer dealers not to pack them $20,000 but that's really up to the dealer and the marketplace. If someone walks in willing to give $80-85,000 for one of these cars, I reckon the dealer has a right to sign 'em up.

For what it's worth, a couple of recent Hellcat road tests shows the 4600 pound Hellcat CHARGER to be quicker, both in elapsed time and trap speed (and top speed), than a new Z06. To be fair, the Z was a 7 speed which might have hurt the ET a little....but not the trap, where the Charger bests the Vette by 3 mph. That's got to be a little embarassing for GM.
    edited March 2015
    Twostep wrote: »
    For one small, improperly installed seal. A potential catastrophe to be sure, but not an indication of poor overall quality.

The problem Dodge is having with the Hellcats right now is dealers refusing to sell them, period. A Hellcat sitting on the showroom floor is better than any media advertising they could buy, so that's exactly what they're doing...parking them center-stage and using them as a huge traffic magnet. Dodge just told the dealers "no more of that" a couple of days ago - and if you're caught doing it, you just received your last Hellcat.

Dodge would prefer dealers not to pack them $20,000 but that's really up to the dealer and the marketplace. If someone walks in willing to give $80-85,000 for one of these cars, I reckon the dealer has a right to sign 'em up.

What I posted here back in October:

I read an interview with the CEO of Dodge who said they are allocating these beasts to dealers who sell the most of them. Those who mark-up and gouge will most certainly sell the least of them. In other words, you're going to get a better deal when they allocate the second batch of them.
    edited March 2015
    For what it's worth, a couple of recent Hellcat road tests shows the 4600 pound Hellcat CHARGER to be quicker, both in elapsed time and trap speed (and top speed), than a new Z06. To be fair, the Z was a 7 speed which might have hurt the ET a little....but not the trap, where the Charger bests the Vette by 3 mph. That's got to be a little embarassing for GM.

Indeed! Pluss the Challengers look a lot nicer than them! The Z-0's look like what a kid would design for a plastic toy! To me they have that "trying too hard" look. But on that note - the Hellcat logo looks cheap.
    edited March 2015
    HEMI_guy wrote: »
    But on that note - the Hellcat logo looks cheap.

Yeah, noticed that. Looks like something you'd expect to see on a Mercury Cougar.

Guess we'd best get the NHRA involved in this talk so we don't get fussed at....anyone know what class these cars will run in, and has anyone strip-prepped one yet to see what it'll actually run? All I've heard is 10.80s on drag radials, otherwise stock.
    edited March 2015

Always come down to those pesky seals doesn't it?! LOL

Hard to believe that a dealership won't sell a car if there is a buyer. Every single one I've set foot in would sell you anything including the chair the salesman is sitting on if you wanted it.
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, noticed that. Looks like something you'd expect to see on a Mercury Cougar.

Guess we'd best get the NHRA involved in this talk so we don't get fussed at....anyone know what class these cars will run in, and has anyone strip-prepped one yet to see what it'll actually run? All I've heard is 10.80s on drag radials, otherwise stock.

LOL.. there's a high school team here in town with a logo you'd swear Dodge... I mean SRT stold their logo from.

Someone would be crazy to strip-prep a Hellcat! Word is that engine will be available in crate form before too long. You'd be far smarter to buy a used 6 cyl. car and stuff the Hellcat crate in it. I'm anzious to see how the next gen. DragPak cars run with the big Whipple blower!
    edited March 2015

Someone would be crazy to strip-prep a Hellcat! Word is that engine will be available in crate form before too long. You'd be far smarter to buy a used 6 cyl. car and stuff the Hellcat crate in it.

That may have changed. Demand for the car has far outstripped production capacity (for now) and there aren't enough engines available to build the vehicle, let alone extras to sell in crate form. I bet they're every bit of $20K once that gets started.

If I wanted a Hellcat for the street, I'd buy a 3 year old SRT392 for about 30 grand and supercharge it. They look almost identical. Sure, you don't get a few things the Hellcat has but you do have one thing - about $30,000 more money.
  • AtcoDaveAtcoDave Senior Member
    edited March 2015

GM could care less. First turn and that Hellcat will be understeering into the weeds. Hellcat is a car with far too much power and not nearly enough chassis.
  • AtcoDaveAtcoDave Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Chevrolet says 0-60 in 2.95 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 10.95 seconds @ 127 MPH. That's with the 8 speed automatic. The 7 speed manual runs the 1/4 in 11.2 seconds @ 127 MPH. http://blog.caranddriver.com/commence-face-melting-2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-0-60-and-14-mile-times-announced/

Directly from Auburn Hills: The Hellcat runs the 1/4 mile in 11.2 seconds @ 125 MPH, 10.8 with drag radials. http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=5D52BE9DE95B566C1D4ED6C17979DF26?&id=15790&mid=309

Won't post lap times from Gingerman Raceway, it's bad.
    edited March 2015
    AtcoDave wrote: »
    GM could care less. First turn and that Hellcat will be understeering into the weeds. Hellcat is a car with far too much power and not nearly enough chassis.

Yeah. Well Dodge isn't markteing the Hellcats against the Vettes anyway. They have another car in their line-up for that.
    edited March 2015
    AtcoDave wrote: »
    Hellcat is a car with far too much power and not nearly enough chassis.

For a car as heavy as it is, the Hellcat is quite a capable handler. Obviously, comparing it to the handling capability of a Z06 is preposterous. It's like comparing a Yahama VMax to a GSXR1000. One's a big ol' boulevard bruiser on steroids; the other, an equally powerful curve carver .
  • V10KLZZ71SV10KLZZ71S Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Its a heavy turd as built.
    edited March 2015
    V10KLZZ71S wrote: »
    Its a heavy turd as built.

The platform it's built on was never intended to be a performance car. It's built on the Chrysler 300 / Dodge Magnum platform. I'm **** glad they built it though. The Challenger was a ground breaking design at the time it was built though, having the B pillar removed. I think it would be neat to put the AWD drivetrain from an SRT Charger under one.
  • V10KLZZ71SV10KLZZ71S Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    The platform it's built on was never intended to be a performance car. It's built on the Chrysler 300 / Dodge Magnum platform. I'm **** glad they built it though. The Challenger was a ground breaking design at the time it was built though, having the B pillar removed. I think it would be neat to put the AWD drivetrain from an SRT Charger under one.

Im glad they built it also, now hopefully Ford may build something with more HP. My 13 spanks Camaros with a smaller engine [302 vs whatever ls] mainly due to weight, they are turds as well.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.