Sign the Petition Against EPA's Anti-Race Car Proposal - Page 2

Sign the Petition Against EPA's Anti-Race Car Proposal

2»

Comments

• WillyWilly Administrator

We are still at this....

Reintroduced.

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/rpm-act-introduced-in-us-house-of-representatives

Again, not getting this passed will have a profound negative impact on grassroots and sportsman racing, from the drag strip to the road courses. From SEMA SAN:

Protect your right to race!  Tell Congress to pass the RPM Act now and stop the EPA from destroying motorsports in 2020. Your member of Congress needs to hear from you before the end of the year! 

• Street vehicles—cars, trucks, and motorcycles—can’t be converted into racecars according to the EPA.
    •  
    • The EPA has announced that enforcement against high performance parts—including superchargers, tuners, and exhaust systems—is a top priority for 2020.
    •  
    • The RPM Act was just reintroduced. Even if you are one of the hundreds of thousands of enthusiasts who contacted Congress in the past, we need your support now!

Contact Form:

https://www.votervoice.net/SEMA/campaigns/45394/respond

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
    edited December 2019

Signed it a few days ago through an email PRI sent me.

Here's what I got return from a Senator in my state -

Thank you for contacting me regarding your concerns about Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations. It is good to hear from you.

I have long argued that we must find an appropriate balance to both protect the environment and protect Ohio jobs and our economy. Unfortunately, this balance was often absent in the previous administration. Many Ohioans tell me they have been held back by EPA’s regulatory overreach, which has resulted in increased costs, lost jobs, and uncertainty. 

As you mentioned, in July 2015 the EPA issued a proposed regulation for greenhouse gas emissions from medium- and heavy-duty vehicles under Title II of the Clean Air Act. Included in the proposed regulation was a prohibition on converting motor vehicles into dedicated racing vehicles. You may be pleased to know that EPA removed this prohibition in its final rule, which was published on October 25, 2016. As you mentioned, the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports (RPM) Act would amend the Clean Air Act to ensure that modifications to an on-road vehicle for the purpose of converting the vehicle to a competitive racing vehicle remain legal. The RPM Act has been referred to the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, of which I am not a member. Should this bill reach the Senate floor, I will keep your views in mind.

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office. For more information, I encourage you to visit my website at www.portman.senate.gov . Please keep in touch.

Sincerely,

Rob Portman

U.S. Senator

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
    edited December 2019

McAttack was wrong is some of what they wrote. It IS legal to covert a car to a race car.

The RPM Act is a movement to KEEP it legal.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.