What about a Competitive Ford in Pro Stock ! - Page 7

What about a Competitive Ford in Pro Stock !

Comments

• b.guggenmosb.guggenmos Senior Member
    edited January 2007
    What do you guy's know about this head? Did NHRA throw a bone out there for Ford to see if there are any takers? Brian
  • edited January 2007
    Still working, and as far as I know the B441 head has not been approved......but then again I may be the last to know.;)
  • Dom CocciaDom Coccia Member
    edited January 2007
    What`s going on in Ford Country Tom ?
    Keep in touch,
    Dom Coccia
  • ford1ford1 Senior Member
    edited February 2007
    I see that jims name is not on the list for the winter nationals on the NHRA site. So what race will be your first race of the year?
  • edited February 2007
    We are planning on the Gatornationals....We should be testing by the end of the month.
    edited February 2007
    Toby wrote:
    We are planning on the Gatornationals....We should be testing by the end of the month.

Good luck!! I'll be at the atlanta race so hope to see you there!!
  • edited February 2007
    Toby wrote:

I can't wait, .. gotta get out of the shop before Bob attacks me, . :D

Curtis
    edited February 2007
    Any new news?
  • anotheridiotanotheridiot Senior Member
    edited February 2007
    Is that the mustang on the front page?

Thanks for beating toyota to the drags.
    edited February 2007
    Is that the mustang on the front page?

Thanks for beating toyota to the drags.

I didn't see that??
  • edited March 2007
    Billy just posted this bit of info over on the Yellowbullet....I sure wish Ford would step back up to the plate! Ken.

10:00 PM #6046
    Bill Glidden
    Smoked another BBC

While I am on here, I will let folks know, that a few months ago, Bob Glidden was at Totota, having a meeting about the designing of that prostock 500cui. engine. As for what happened, or what is or is not going on? I will leave that for all of you to speculate and gossip, and make up rumors about, hehehehehe!!!!! BG

10:00 PM #6046
    Bill Glidden
    Smoked another BBC

While I am on here, I will let folks know, that a few months ago, Bob Glidden was at Totota, having a meeting about the designing of that prostock 500cui. engine. As for what happened, or what is or is not going on? I will leave that for all of you to speculate and gossip, and make up rumors about, hehehehehe!!!!! BG

That would be great news for Pro Stock.
  • ruseriousruserious Senior Member
    edited March 2007
    gary4205 wrote:
    That would be great news for Pro Stock.
    Never happen...Toyota money is in Nascar...period
    edited March 2007
    ruserious wrote:
    Never happen...Toyota money is in Nascar...period

Toyota has enough money to do anything they want.....And I'll bet there in NHRA by '08
  • edited March 2007
    ford1 wrote:
    Toyota has enough money to do anything they want.....And I'll bet there in NHRA by '08

I dont know if they have any serious interest in NHRA, but you are right about them having enough money to do what they want. The more players in PS the better...and Toyota money might finally be enough to get EFI in the game(about 20 years too late) - Im sure they can outspend Barry Grant with influencing NHRA...:eek:
  • ruseriousruserious Senior Member
    edited March 2007
    ford1 wrote:

Toyota does have the money, you're right, but drag racing is not on their radar screen. They could have made a huge impact several years ago and backed off...nhra wouldn't cooperate. When Toyota does something new it's a marketing exercise and nhra doesn't do much marketing...if they did there would be more corporate players in drag racing, including Toyota.
  • DrewDrew Senior Member
    edited March 2007
    I really can't see Toyota getting involved much beyond assisting the Scranton's with a little R&D for an engine program. They're already in up to their eyeballs in F1 and Cup.
  • edited March 2007
    It was awful nice of Mopar to tell Schumacher to get that friggin toyota out of his shop and stop doing tolivers body.

I bet that goes along way.
    edited March 2007
    Ok toby....Hows things going?? Are ya'll going to make it to Gatornationals??;)
  • edited March 2007
    We have run into some delays, mainly with parts availablity. The combination of being the only ones running the Ford combination and, from what many vendors have told me, the large appetite of the Toyota Nascar program has slowed our progress somewhat.
    That being said, we have made very good progress, the first all new engine (parts, still the a-500 block and E-460 heads) should be ready to go on the dyno very soon and we should be testing the new car very soon as well.

We will not be at Gainesville, Houston is questionable (I think we will use that time to test) but Vegas has been engraved in stone.

On a side note, has anyone noticed the fluctuating post count????, At one time I think this thread had over 200 posts, now this post is number 200. Strange.
    edited March 2007
    Do you guys have the new car now? And if so whats the color combo and is there any photos of it? Thanks toby!!!;)
  • edited March 2007
    I asked Jerry at Phoenix if he was building a new Mustang for Jim and he said yes but it wasn't quite done. He didn't seem too excited to talk about it? Hope all is going well. Ken.
    edited March 2007
    Ken Newman wrote:
    I asked Jerry at Phoenix if he was building a new Mustang for Jim and he said yes but it wasn't quite done. He didn't seem too excited to talk about it? Hope all is going well. Ken.

So it's not done yet?
    edited March 2007
    So toby......Any news on the engine progress and the car?;)
  • edited March 2007
    The guys are working very hard in the engine shop, we should have something on the Dyno by the end of next week. Jerry and his guys are working hard at their shop, the new car should be done soon.

Once again, we really appreciate everyone's support and ask all of the Ford Fans to have a little patience, we will give you all something to cheer for very soon.
    edited March 2007
    So what race do you guys think your going to make? I hope your in atlanta!;)
    edited March 2007
    Toby what engine are you guys going to use? the old boss or the wedge.
  • edited March 2007
    We are limited by the NHRA to the A-500 Block and E-460 wedge heads.
    So right now all of our R/D is centered around that combination. We have spent the last 18 months updating our parts and pieces and developing a new combination for the E-460 (ports and valve train) as well as the new car.

There really isn't a lot I can tell you right now, look for an announcement before Atlanta, after that we will be able to share a lot more information.

To all of you that bleed Ford Blue, we are coming back and we hope we can answer the question in the thread title with 2007

Please feel free to stop by and say hello in Atlanta.
    edited April 2007
    Sounds like you guys have something great in the works?? I wish all the best for you guys!! So you are going to be in atlanta??
    edited April 2007
    So atlanta is only 3 weeks away, you guys going to make it?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.