What are drag racing fans favorite bands? - Page 6

What are drag racing fans favorite bands?

12346»

Comments

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member

… love me some Zap too Hemi. Much respect to him for the creation of Steve Vai alone!

… speaking of great guitar players, and since the forum was down on June 24th, it would not be proper unless I give out a much happy 75th birthday to Jeff Beck. 75 and STILL doesn't need a pick to be one of the top 20 guitar players of all time!

… btw, check out all the 80's star-studded cameo's in the video

• SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member

Slug:

Thanks for all that info. I was 9 to 18 in the 80s so I remember all these bands.

My first concert was Night Ranger and Great White in 86. Yeah, that Great White were 90 people died in a fire at one of their shows yeare later.

Hemi:

I saw Aerosmith and rockin Dokken in 1987? It was the Dude Looks Like a Lady Tour.

I liked the early 90s music far more than the 80s music I grew up on.

• Mine would be: The Beatles, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, AC/DC, and Queen.

• Adaltas way

Fozzy

the pretty reckless

• Rock-RUSH

Deftones

New Order

Joe Satriani

35 YEARS AGO TODAY and just two months after graduating high school, Metallica's second album was released to give us all a nice graduation present!

Performance was when we saw 'em in '89, at their peak.

Few modern rock songs have portrayed the brutal realities soldiers experience in war as effectively as this tune. Inspired by Ernest Hemingway’s novel which portrayed the human cost and the dark undercurrent of all armed conflict.

Metallica’s take on the subject is as brutal lyrically as well as musically, portraying the soldiers as men caught up in something bigger than they can comprehend or control.

50 YEARS AGO TODAY THE GATES OPEN!

Some kind of 3 day music festival, with a solid lineup, in Bethel NY on this guys 600 acre dairy farm. I heard its gonna be crowded!

• GolfRacerGolfRacer Senior Member

Queen, Dio, Dokken, ELO, Boston, Cinderella, Scorpions, Fleetwood Mac, Rush

Saw Queen with Freddie in Madison Square Garden, 1975. Just saw Queen with Adam Lambert in San Jose. Impressed!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.