Larry Dixon Rediscovers Passion for Drag Racing.... - Page 4

Larry Dixon Rediscovers Passion for Drag Racing....

Comments

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    I assumed he abandonned his plans with this car. IHRA doesn't require certs anymore?
  • twintownterrortwintownterror Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    It’s real. The decal on the front of the car is a literal shot at the NHRA. Looks like a tabacco warning label.
  • WillyWilly Administrator
    edited June 2018
    It’s real.

It indeed did happen.... I was told of it Monday. Multiple sources confirmed.

Several people are incredibly lucky, in many respects...
  • mossybackmossyback Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    It’s real. The decal on the front of the car is a literal shot at the NHRA. Looks like a tabacco warning label.

What is stated on the label?
    edited June 2018
    Looks like a well prepared safety/rescue team there.
  • slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    I would love to read the papers you have to sign to ride this thing. Maybe only just one that's short and simple:

"I aint responsible for anything that may happen. Sign here:"
  • SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    The guy that was in the dragster wants to go again.

Lets not feminize everything in the world. I do not see the risk any different than bungee jumping, state fair rides, sky driving, rock climbing, surfing, etc.

I would assume a air tight release of liability form was signed.
    edited June 2018
    My brain would love it, but my lower back would not like it too much.
  • luxexpressluxexpress Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    Glad to see everyone is ok and happy to see Larry out there running the car. Saw videos of the runs this weekend and it's the real deal - got to take some bottles back and try and come up with the $10,000 to go for a ride.:o
  • racer12306racer12306 Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    Interesting

Capture.jpg
  • Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator
    edited June 2018
    SWPMFAN wrote: »

Lets not feminize everything in the world. I do not see the risk any different than bungee jumping, state fair rides, sky driving, rock climbing, surfing, etc.

I think the word you're looking for here and the other thread is emasculate. ;)
    edited June 2018
    racer12306 wrote: »
    Interesting

Capture.jpg

Legal fees? He needed a lawyer to tell NHRA it's not illegal to have an expreiedcert tag on a car until it runs down a NHRA track? He'd have a good argument for a libe lor defamation suit against NHRA for their harming his ability to secure a sponsorship.
  • Eugene GrayEugene Gray Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    slugbelch wrote: »
    I was wondering the other day what Tony Shortall is doing this year...and I see in that video he is turning the screws on the two seater.
  • all8all8 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    I was wondering the other day what Tony Shortall is doing this year...and I see in that video he is turning the screws on the two seater.

Miss seeing Tony out there calling the shots for somebody in the big show. I've known him since he worked for the Carrier Boyz tuning CMac. Always had bitchin` time pieces on his wrist. Lol
  • Paul SongasPaul Songas Senior Member
    edited July 2018

He's been helping Dexter Tuttle and Cory Mac on the Nitro Outlaw's tour also.
  • surfer121surfer121 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    SWPMFAN wrote: »

Not so much a release of liability, but more of an explanation of what could go wrong, Larrys in the seat also, so his risk is the same as the passenger.

Back in my Sprint car days, the chassis had a 2"x8" warning label welded to it that the driver had to step over each time he climbed in, no excuse"I didnt know"

Not only getting new customers, but also setting a track record while doing it. From his FB page yesterday:

"Bam! Another new track record! 3.38 at 258 mph"

Video from West Salem OH:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=292430698711428

• oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member

There is guy who I miss out there. Always willing to chat.

From US 131 Motorsports Park FB page today:

"We spent today with Larry Dixon, his crew and some very happy people who will never be the same! Dixon gave rides in his two-seater Top Fuel Dragster . The nitro was amazing! He planned to run yesterday, but the rain prevented that. Our fans would have loved that!

One run was 3.42 seconds in the 1/8 mile at 256 miles per hour! Whoa!

#LifeChanging

#TheFastestTrackInMichigan

#Nitro

#NeverBeTheSame

edited September 2020

From Larry Dixon's FB page:

"This was from one of our runs on Sunday at #us131motorsportspark. We got rained out on Saturday during the #midwestpromodseries. What’s special about it? Quickest run ever by a passenger vehicle. 3.32 et @ 256 mph. Actually our 3 runs were the 3 quickest runs of the weekend. Credit Luke Dixon for the footage.

For ride information email info@larrydixonracing.com

VIDEO:

https://www.facebook.com/LarryDixonRacing/videos/2447620735542225

Realistically, is there going to ever be another two seater to challenge the "records"?

"Blacklisting" the car is not the same thing as "defaming" him personally. I'm kinda confused how that connection would be made... ?

edited September 2020

can someone please cut and paste that aritice that I linked to my post? Apparently they have paywall that allows just one viewing and I never finished reading it.

edited September 2020

Thank's but I meant cut and paste the content. After opeing it once, they blur if if/when you return.

edited September 2020

DIXON ON CUSP OF NHRA TOP FUEL RETURN

Written by Thomas Pope   Fri, 2020-09-18 18:00

http://competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/dixon-on-cusp-of-nhra-top-fuel-return

• This would be awesome for him and his wife!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.