2019 Mid-Engine Corvette! - Page 2

2019 Mid-Engine Corvette!

Comments

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member
    edited July 2019

The 2020 Chevy Corvette C8's Smart Lift Nose Is Pretty Cool

The front-axle lift system is part of the plan to make the C8 Corvette the technology equal of much pricier vehicles.

By DANIEL PUND JUL 22, 2019

• The C8 Corvette will be the first in Corvette history available with a front-axle lift system. It will be optional on 2LT and 3LT versions.
    • The system will work automatically through GPS for 1000 stored locations.
    • Can extend to more than 1.5 inches in 2.8 seconds

... cool, you use it, and it asks if you want that location saved. The next time you drive in that spot, it will adjust!

Article WITH VIDEO:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28414483/2020-chevy-corvette-smart-lift-nose/

• oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member
    edited July 2019

It’s cool the the C8 motor will be built here in Tonawanda. Bills country.

edited July 2019

2020 Chevy Corvette C8 is 'nearly sold out'

Zac Palmer 20 hrs ago

PLYMOUTH, Mich. — The 2020 Chevy Corvette is just about booked up for the first year’s production run. Michael Simcoe, GMdesign chief, said as much at the Concours d’Elegance of America, as a gleaming C8 sat on the lawn.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/28/2020-chevy-corvette-nearly-sold-out/

• GolfRacerGolfRacer Senior Member

... cool, you use it, and it asks if you want that location saved. The next time you drive in that spot, it will adjust!

If you're seeing your mistress in the Vette - don't let it remember where you went! That "memory" might not be a good thing with the significant other in the car.

• a21studa21stud Senior Member

Sounds like a voice of experience...

… and so it begins...

"The first of I'm sure many 2020 Corvette Stingray wrecked on the road. Wife spotted on her drive to Yosemite here in Ca. The car was apart of a rally with GoPros mounted on the vehicle. Took a wide turn and the rear wheel off an SUV with a family in it heading opposite direction around a turn."

• As i said earlier "only a few will make to the people who would really appreciate them and the rest will be trophy cars for people who couldn't drive one to the end of their driveway without wrecking it"

With this car almost being sold out, I'm sure there will be quite few who will buy them like we buy diecast: Purely bought to sit in the shelf/garage, never to be used.

edited August 2019

My '88 Trans Am GTA I've owned for 28 years now is turning into one. I hardly drive it anymore. Especially now that it was signed by BIG and Shirley 😀

Put down my deposit yesterday. Z51, white, GT2 seats, black wheels, red accents for calipers and stripes. Red interior. got all the options I wanted - MSRP is what I pay = $72, 800. Just about what I paid for a 2017 Grand Sport! This is the bargain of the auto century.

It sure is Golf. Any update?

edited October 2019

Chevy Corvette C8.R Race Car Makes Surprise Appearance In Florida

8 more pics here:

https://www.motor1.com/news/374294/chevy-corvette-c8r-race-car/

Dear God: I'll never have a C8R in real life but can I get one in heaven? Assuming I'll be in heaven!? I ordered my C8 in white with red interior, Z51. I've had 4 straight Vettes in silver..had to change. Now GM, get off that strike and make it.

I predict Pratt / Miller will kick butt in the Weathertech series after some usual teething problems.

edited October 2019

Dyno Test Of The 2020 Chevrolet C8 Corvette Reveals Huge Power Numbers

David Tracy Monday 1:01PM

"Motor Trend conducted six dyno pulls on a production 2020 Chevrolet Corvette in fourth through sixth gears. Output ranged from 478 HP and 536 lb-ft at the wheels (that’s roughly 562 HP and 630 lb-ft at the crankshaft assuming a 15 percent drivetrain loss—note that Chevy engineers told Motor Trend that actual losses are lower) tested in sixth gear to 561 horsepower, 515 lb-ft of torque (or about 660 HP and 606 lb-ft at the crank assuming the same 15 percent loss figure) tested in fifth."

Article:

https://jalopnik.com/this-dyno-test-of-2020-chevrolet-c8-corvette-reveals-hu-1839225233?rev=1571677301046&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow&fbclid=IwAR381jLt8MdwbkWxrtRANk98ULJUbpOMO5NFjcks5JqEMU3KDZkooSx63hE

Motor Trend article:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-power-dyno/

Mid-Engine C8 Corvette Production Postponed Until February 2020

The car was supposed to be hitting dealers by the end of 2019. That's no longer happening.

By Brian Silvestro Nov 6, 2019

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a29712726/mid-engine-c8-chevrolet-corvette-postponed-to-february-2020/

edited November 2019

The Last Chevrolet Corvette C7 Rolls off the Production Line in Bowling Green

The final front-engined Vette sold at auction this past summer for $2,700,000.

By Colin Beresford Nov 15, 2019

• Chevrolet has built its final C7 Corvette, which sold at auction for $2.7 million, with all proceeds to charity.
    • The end of the C7 era means the new mid-engine C8 is finally that much closer to production at the iconic plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
    • This C7's engine is a 6.2-liter V-8 with 650 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque.

Sold before it was even built, the last Chevy Corvette C7 came off the production line yesterday. The 2019 Z06 model finished in black marks the end of the front-engine era that dates back to the first Corvette in 1953.

The final front-engine Corvette was auctioned off this past summer at a whopping $2.7 million. The proceeds from the auction went to the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation, a charity which helps pay off mortgages for families of first responders killed in the line of duty, as well as building "mortgage-free, accessible smart homes" for injured service members. The car that appeared in the auction wasn’t the actual final production vehicle; that one was completed yesterday.

Equipped with a 6.2-liter V-8 with 650 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque, this is a Corvette that we've loved over the years. From our first test of the vehicle we remarked, "The Z06 must be ranked among the world's best." So the last C7 coming off the production line marks the end of the era, but it also officially makes room for the mid-engine Corvette C8.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a29810583/final-chevy-corvette-c7-produced/

Chevrolet Corvette C8’s ZR1 Variant Will Be a 900-HP Hybrid With AWD: Report

GM is said to be dipping into hypercar technology to craft the top-shelf mid-engined ‘Vette. 

By Chris Tsui November 23, 2019

The 755-horsepower Chevy Corvette C7 ZR1 pretty much represented the apex of what an unassisted V-8 could do and was always going to be a hard act to follow. For its upcoming mid-engined C8 version, Chevy is said to introduce an electrified hybrid powertrain to boost America's sports car to even higher performance levels, if a new report is to be believed.

According to an anonymous "senior official at GM" speaking exclusively to Motor Trend, the next ZR1 will get a hybrid-assisted, twin-turbo V-8 making a total of 900 hp, not too far off from double the regular Stingray's 495 SAE-certified ponies. The publication claims that the V-8 will be of the flat-plane-crank variety also present in a future Z06 and have its torque gaps filled by electric motors, just like the LaFerrari, McLaren P1, and Porsche 918 Spyder. While all three of those seven-figure hypercars use electricity to produce even more speed, expect the C8 ZR1 to be more in line with the Porsche since Motor Trend's intel also alleges that the top-shelf 'Vette will be all-wheel drive—this would make it the first Corvette ever to send power to all four wheels.

Motor Trend's source also goes on to quash rumors that the Z06, ZR1, and C8.R's V-8 would be related to Cadillac's 4.2-liter twin-turbo Blackwing engine found in the short-lived, 550-hp CT6-V sedan. Thanks to GM granting Chevy and Cadillac separate budgets to develop their own V-8s a number of years ago, the Blackwing will reportedly remain a Cadillac-only affair.

Other technical details on the mid-engined ZR1 remain a mystery but MT predicts the V-8 to be somewhere between 4.2 and 5.5 liters. How much weight all those batteries and electric motors add will also be a figure to watch considering the regular C8 already weighs a hefty 200 pounds more than the equivalent C7. 

We've reached out to Chevrolet for comment and will update this story when we hear back.

First drive on Jay Leno's garage:

• As someone with 10 years experience driving a rear engine Corvette, I highly recommend it !! LOL 😎

New C7 Chevy Corvettes Are Really Cheap Right Now

We found discounts as high as $16,000 off MSRP, and several Stingray models under $50,000.

By Joey Capparella Dec 4, 2019

• Production of the C7 Corvette ended earlier this year, but thousands of 2019 Chevy Corvette models remain in stock across the country.
    • Many are deeply discounted at dealerships, and Chevy is advertising nearly $12,000 off MSRP for a new 2019 Z06.
    • The new 2020 Corvette C8 won't begin production until February.

Now might be the perfect time to get your hands on the last front-engined Corvette. While buyers wait eagerly to take delivery of the new mid-engined 2020 Corvette C8, thousands of 2019 C7 Corvette models remain in stock at Chevrolet dealerships across the country—and there are some deep discounts to be had.

Chevrolet is advertising a nationwide deal for nearly $12,000 off the MSRP of a new Corvette Z06. We conducted a search of 2019 Corvette inventory on Chevrolet's website and found many Stingrays, Grand Sports, Z06s, and ZR1s with discounts ranging from $8000 to $16,000 off MSRP. These discounts include dealer markdowns, Chevrolet corporate cash-allowance incentives, and a current "Chevy Employee Discount for Everyone" deal that lasts until January 2, 2020. As is always the case with car dealerships, it's important to keep in mind that your mileage may vary when you walk in the door.

According to the Automotive News data center, there are 5000 Corvettes in inventory nationwide as of November 1, a 122-day supply. Production of the 2020 Corvette C8 won't start until February due to delays caused by the UAW strike. The final C7 Corvette, a black Z06, rolled off the production line in Bowling Green, kentucky November 15, 2019, and was sold at a charity auction for $2.7 million. But if you can swing one of these discounts at your local dealer, you'll be paying a lot less than that—and a lot less than MSRP.

edited January 12

Chevy C8 Corvette Z06 (?) Spied Winter Testing with Fat Rear Fenders

Car/Driver Connor Hoffman   1 day ago 

"We expect that the C8 Corvette Z06 will be powered by a naturally aspirated 5.5-liter flat-plane-crank V-8 engine that will rev to 8600 rpm and develop upward of 600 or more horsepower. That's the gist of it. But now, we're getting a bit more information about the upcoming C8 Z06 (or one of the Vette's other high-performance variants) because we've spied it testing in the snow with some seriously thick rear fenders."

Full Article and more pics:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a30471824/c8-corvette-z06-winter-testing-spied/

Kids these days...

GM Employees Jailed for Racing C8 Corvettes on the Street

Enjoying the 2020 Corvette’s capabilities goes wrong for two engineers.

UPDATE: According to Kentucky's WNKY, Thim, 27, was caught driving one Corvette at 120 mph, and Derkatz, 30, at 100 mph; a third Corvette on the scene was "not participating in the racing." Various local news outlets report that Thim and Derkatz posted $1,000 bail and are scheduled for a pretrial hearing at Warren District Court on February 18.

Article:

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/gm-employees-jailed-racing-c8-corvettes-street/

First production 2020 Corvette Stingray sells for $3 million

Brandan Gillogly 5 hrs ago

We’ve seen the 2020 Stingray in the flesh on several occasions, in traditional targa and hardtop convertible guise, but now we know who will get the honor of owning VIN 001.

Article:

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2020/01/18/first-production-2020-corvette-stingray-sells#

First 2020 Chevy Corvette Finally Rolls off the Line

Deliveries are expected to start late this month or early March, Chevy says.

By Connor Hoffman Feb 3, 2020

Article:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a30753270/2020-chevy-corvette-production-starts/

Especially now...

A Corvette offer you just shouldn’t refuse

Jack Baruth 4 hrs ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/buying/a-corvette-offer-you-just-shouldnt-refuse/ar-BB11mtCD?ocid=spartanntp

2020 Chevy Corvette orders halted due to high demand

GM attributes the decision to high demand, not the coronavirus outbreak.

Sean Szymkowski March 18, 2020 1:34 PM PDT

If you were eagerly waiting for a 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, it may be that you'll receive a 2021 model instead.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2020-chevy-corvette-stingray-orders-demand/

That's a lot of water, soap, and if you get caught in the rain and get behind a hauler. Strike 1 for me. You may want to stock up on cleaning supplies with this one:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.