Isky time again

Isky time again

Roger GatesRoger Gates Senior Member
edited September 2017 in General discussion
Sept. 16 we will have our annual Isky birthday party at LTR Racing. There will be car a show with tropheys (made from Isky cams of course) with Ed judging - food - music - libations - cackle fire ups and plenty of stories (BS) :D. Anyone that can make it to beautiful downtown Canebrake (population about 50) is in for a great time. We also will be honoring some of the great pioneers that are with us and some who have recently passed. If you haven't heard the "Camfather's" stories you are missing some of the great stuff that has happened in racing.

Comments

• shaketown daveshaketown dave Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    maybe this year i'll take home the best motorcycle trophy,hahaha
  • shaketown daveshaketown dave Senior Member
    edited September 2017
    next Saturday.bobby flyin you out here bill?
  • WillyWilly Administrator
    edited September 2017
    next Saturday.bobby flyin you out here bill?

Unfortunately Dave that's a Nope. :(

Someone else sending me out East next Saturday though. :)
  • Roger GatesRoger Gates Senior Member

Well - It's almost time for Isky's 98th birthday party. This year it,s going to be on September 21 again in Downtown Canebrake (population 30). Along with the BBQ and Show & Shine it looks like we will have Steve Gibbs as Well as Big Mac doing the MC deal again. We are getting low on "pioneers" so it would be a great time to come and see them while it is still possible. You can text or call me @ 760 379-0914 or email me at rogergates1943@gmail.com. Ed is still sharp as a tack and loves to tell his stories to everyone.

• WillyWilly Administrator

"Ed is still sharp as a tack and loves to tell his stories to everyone."

Yes he is Roger....

Isky with Bones at 2018 Meltdown Drags.

• Roger GatesRoger Gates Senior Member

Ed has been in the hospital with gall stone problems, but he is out and raring to go. He quoted W.C. Fields after hearing that he had expired with "The recent reports of my ultimate demise are greatly exaggerated". When Lanny called him the first words out of his mouth were "Is every thing ready for the Party"? Isky is a lot more ready than we are at this point, but we are catching up. 😎 Ramjet

• I had the privilege of meeting Mr.Isky Cam as he was holding court with the Snake. He talked to me like I was a long lost Grandson.Such awesome stories between the two. A memory I will never forget.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.