2018 Fantasy Racing Game

2018 Fantasy Racing Game

WillyWilly Administrator
edited November 2018 in NHRA
suzukiray wrote: »
My picks are in for Pomona!! Willy, where are you??? The site is up, I was able to log in!! We need you to get us our team please!!! Lol!!
Ray.

I'll do so Ray.

It just so happened that the Commish sent out an email last night with the following message...

Attention NHRA fantasy racing fans: Your gaming future is uncertain. We're keeping the site live until it becomes obvious no sponsor, or fan who wants to start a GoFundMe campaign, or a dragstrip wants to step up and help. FYI, The Commish is a HUGE drag racing fan but at some point reality shakes its ugly head. Site maintenance and scoring takes time and money (about what a decent laptop from Costco costs). God bless the NHRA who agrees a fantasy game is a good idea (unless they have to pay for it) so everything is TBD.
So go ahead and put in your Pomona starters, and yours truly will update the pick info as it becomes available, and let's be optimistic we can continue on.

As I said, I will proceed as normal. I would hope those that were part of the game last season, as well as previous season will return.

I will also do what I can to help The Commish out in his effort to secure some sponsorship funding.

Comments

• racer12306racer12306 Senior Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm in.

Have to defend the title.
  • ScottScott Senior Member
    edited January 2018
    I just seen the email, if we have to pay more that is fine with me. Is there a way we can do our own system if this gets canceled?
  • suzukiraysuzukiray Senior Member
    edited January 2018
    Already got my picks in. Just need our team so I can be on it again!!
    Ray.
    edited February 2018
    All I hear in here is crickets!!!
    Ray.
  • WillyWilly Administrator
    edited February 2018
    Follow ups and updates.....

There is nothing new, other than the fact the game is up. If you registered in prior years, your registration should still be valid. If your previous registration is not taking, please contact me. If you've not played before and would like to join in, post here or PM me.

The game is taking your picks... Get them in, we play as normal until we hear otherwise.

http://fmfl.net/

We have heard nothing on the sponsorship front. The Commish and I have made inquiries. He in fact asked NHRA for assistance and was told they have no problem with the game's existence, but would not support it monetarily.

I am not certain why there is no fee at this point. That would go a long way to helping here, although it would not cover the entire operational cost, which is what the Commish is looking for. Nothing more. No profit on his part.

To answer Scott's question on going it alone should this fold... The short answer is I'm not certain.
    The long answer, I do know that a significant amount of time would be required to set it up, tally points, etc. Basically the same logistics of the current game, but on a smaller scale. Doing so for this season is likely not possible. Future, that has to be investigated.

Something to remember. When NHRA and companies such as CSK supported the game, there were around 2000 registered players. Prizes were given by CSK for significant game accomplishments. This attracted more players.

As that outside financial support began to go away, along with the prizes, the number of players declined. Fees to play were instituted to pay for the time that goes into it. Player count declined again. In order to commit our support one season, I paid for a dozen of our players which helped keep it going. In the 2017 season there were about 200 registered players.

In a way, this is a microcosm of what has happened in NHRA Championship Drag Racing.....
  • shaketown daveshaketown dave Senior Member
    edited February 2018
    i'm in.what about $$$$?
  • z28camaroz28camaro Senior Member
    edited February 2018
    made my picks. hope we can stick around
    edited February 2018
    We're giving it a Go!

Typical deadline to get your picks in....Friday 2 PM ET.
  • ravinrayravinray Junior Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Willie. Picks are in.

Ray
    edited February 2018
    i'm in.what about $$$$?

Dave and everyone that asked about payment...yesterday the Commish sent an email to everyone registered where he goes into that. You probably received it, but I'll it post it here also....

Dam* the torpedoes, full speed ahead. Our FREE NHRA game starts this weekend -- get your lineup in now!

This is our 29th year and we're not going to bail now. All games are on for 2018 unless yours truly gets hit by a bus or something equally disastrous.
    We're still trying to find sponsorship to at least fund some prizes. But meantime we're asking players to graciously help to pay for direct costs, e.g. hosting and programmer fees. If you value our games and appreciate the time necessary to operate and maintain them, please click on the PayPal button below and help out the best you can. You don't need a PayPal account, just scroll down to Pay with Debit or Credit Card when you're redirected to the PayPal page.

The email reference to a PayPal link... it is not functional. I've reached out to The Commish to get this squared away.

When it is, I'll post it here and suggest to our players to do what you can to support the game.

More as I get it....
    edited February 2018
    I got that email, glad you asked him about the paypal link, will definitely contribute to the cause
    edited February 2018
    dident get the email bill.dont know why but when the paypal gets squared away i'll contribute
    edited February 2018
    I don't believe I received the email either, but I'm active on the website.

Picks are in
    edited February 2018
    Guys, this went out yesterday afternoon. Don't know if you've received it or not,so I'm posting here....

I love glitches. Apparently some players didn't get the 'official' reminder email so I am doubling down. If you're already registered from a previous season, login now and pick your starters. The game is free although later on I'll have a PayPal link for anyone who wants to help with direct costs.

Good luck!

The Commish

Also....the PayPal link worked for some, not for others. It will be resolved by the Arizona Nationals with a place on the game website. This will be the method I use, so I'll keep tabs and will let this group know when it's available.

If you prefer to send a check, that will be accepted also.
    MotorSportsPromos
    P.O. Box 12523
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    edited February 2018
    Players....

Round 1 of the 2018 Drag Racing Game is in the books, and it goes to suzukiray with a very fine score of 626. Good pickin' Ray!

Nearly everyone that was with us last season has returned. We also have the guy that initially formed the CompetitionPlus Private League so many years ago coming back to participate. Welcome back Stealth Racing, aka Bobby Bennett!

Round 1 Results Pomona, CA 02/11/2018

........Team.....................Total Points.......Round Points..........Round Rank.....OA Rank

1....suzukiray..........................626.............626 (1)...................27................27
    2....Sf1972.............................618.............618 (2)...................44................44
    3....ravinray...........................601.............601 (3)....................65................65
    4....shaky dave.......................580..............580 (4)..................102................102
    4....Willy Racing......................580..............580 (4)..................101................101
    4....Stealth Racing...................580..............580 (4)..................103................103
    5....racer12306.......................543.............543 (5)...................137...............137
    6....z28camaro........................537.............537 (6)...................162...............162
    7....Flyn Vega.........................518..............518 (7)....................182..............182
    8....SlicksChick.......................434.............434 (8)...................238................238
    9....BigBlack...........................427.............427 (9)....................290..............290
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Willy! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile!! Lol!!
    Ray.
    edited February 2018
    Players....just a reminder to get your picks in before the Friday 2 PM ET deadline....
    edited February 2018
    Players, I'd like to add that there is now a PayPal link on the game webpage. It appears at the bottom of the page after you sign in.

Different levels of payment options are available. If you can, please contribute to cover the operational costs.

Thanks....
    edited February 2018
    Willy wrote: »
    Players, I'd like to add that there is now a PayPal link on the game webpage. It appears at the bottom of the page after you sign in.

Different levels of payment options are available. If you can, please contribute to cover the operational costs.

Thanks....

Thanks for the heads up. Contributing now.
    edited February 2018
    well that was brutal.for everybody,hahaha
    edited February 2018

You're telling me lol

Has to be my all time low score and dead last on the week

Hell of a title defense underway lol
  • z28camaroz28camaro Senior Member
    edited February 2018
    when most of your picks go out 1st round it ain't good
    Look for a revival in Gainesville
    edited February 2018
    When the top person in the entire game only had 2 in the finals. DAY OF THE UNDERDOG. We all missed our chance to pick our hearts instead of our heads. I think Pro Stock may be a free for all all year. Everything else will normalize. On to the Gators.

Ray
    edited February 2018

After the first round, I was thinking I am toast lol
    edited February 2018
    ravinray wrote: »
    When the top person in the entire game only had 2 in the finals. DAY OF THE UNDERDOG. We all missed our chance to pick our hearts instead of our heads. I think Pro Stock may be a free for all all year. Everything else will normalize. On to the Gators.

Ray

We definitely need to open our scopes in Pro Stock with the horsepower arrangements that were made for this year.
    edited March 2018

Especially me considering who came out on top! I got fed a spoonful of **** with dinner on Monday.....:eek:

And so it was SlicksChick with a mediocre but winning 536.

Round 2 Results Chandler, AZ 02/25/2018

........Team.....................Total Points.......Round Points..........Round Rank.....OA Rank

1....Sf1972.............................1060............442 (4)...................104...............37
    2....suzukiray..........................1020............394 (9)...................164...............71
    3....ravinray...........................1013............412 (7)....................147...............84
    4....shaky dave.......................997..............417 (6)..................129................100
    5....Willy Racing......................986..............406 (8)..................155................117
    6....Flyn Vega.........................974..............456 (3)....................90...............136
    7....Stealth Racing...................972..............392 (10).................175................143
    8....SlicksChick.......................970.............536 (1)...................6..................145
    9....z28camaro........................956.............419 (5)...................125...............150
    10..BigBlack...........................919.............492 (2)....................47...............189
    11..racer12306.......................915.............372 (11)..................214...............194
    edited March 2018
    The trek to the top starts early this year.
    edited March 2018
    Racer 12306 I would feel better if you spotted us another couple hundred points.
    edited March 2018
    Well that's better... For SuzukiRay!!! Stout numbers with a 688 and 3rd for the round in the overall game.

Good Job Ray.

Looks like you and Scott are here to play this season....

Round 3 Results Gainesville, FL 03/18/2018

1....Sf1972.............................1725............665 (2)...................7.................9
    2....suzukiray..........................1708............688 (1)...................3................13
    3....Flyn Vega.........................1638.............664 (3)...................10...............38
    4....shaky dave.......................1543.............546 (5)...................143.............107
    5....ravinray...........................1525............512 (7)...................182.............120
    6....Willy Racing......................1510.............524 (6)...................161.............134
    7....Stealth Racing...................1477.............505 (9)...................190.............151
    8...racer12306........................1475.............560 (4)..................125..............155
    9....z28camaro........................1466............510 (8)...................185..............159
    10...SlicksChick.......................1406............436 (10)..................232.............192
    11..BigBlack...........................1337.............418 (11)..................235.............208
    edited March 2018
    Thanks Willy! Doug Kalitta screwed me, I thought he would do better today! Lol!!
    Ray.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.