54th NHRA Finals.....

Comments

• LasVegas87LasVegas87 Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    Looking forward to the Alcohol classes. With the numbers they threw out at LVMS these last two weeks, teens and thirties should be in play.
  • antdogbmxantdogbmx Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    Wow no Del Worsham this weekend
  • slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    … no Taylor Swift either, lol
    edited November 2018
    Fri:
    Sunny 49°-82°, 10% humid, wind 13mph
    Sat:
    Sunny 48°-82°, 11% humid, wind 7mph
    Sun:
    Sunny 49°-80°, 14% humid, wind 7mph
  • Eugene GrayEugene Gray Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    The weather is beautiful here.:D
  • Z_WeinsteinZ_Weinstein Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    antdogbmx wrote: »
    Wow no Del Worsham this weekend

It looks like Del is not driving however both of him and his dad's cars will be there with Ray Martin making his nitro funny car debut.

One missing entry that surprises me is no Gary Densham, has he missed a Pomona race in the last 35 years, even when he had knee surgery a few years ago he got Paul Lee to fill in. I hope the rumor I read about him possibly selling the operation isnt true.
  • CH3NO2BoatCH3NO2Boat Senior Member
    edited November 2018

You Suck!....lol
  • luxexpressluxexpress Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    how about 281 for Shawn Cowie in a blown alcohol dragster.:cool: I don't think a blower has ever gone over 280?
    edited November 2018
    Wow Matt Smith just dropped some jaws opening with a 6.77 @ 200
    edited November 2018
    That might be one of the worse funny car fires in recent memory, hate to see it happen to anyone especially Terry Haddock
  • Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator
    edited November 2018
    luxexpress wrote: »
    how about 281 for Shawn Cowie in a blown alcohol dragster.:cool: I don't think a blower has ever gone over 280?

Shawn went 280.54 July 2017 at Woodburn, Oregon of all places!
  • mmcc9000mmcc9000 Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    What's going on with the live coverage...? All Access cuts off during T/A dragster. NHRA website LIVE TIMING has also been frozen for the past half hour. This is what we PAY for. All Access = Small Access.
  • de31168de31168 Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    mmcc9000 wrote: »
    What's going on with the live coverage...? All Access cuts off during T/A dragster. NHRA website LIVE TIMING has also been frozen for the past half hour. This is what we PAY for. All Access = Small Access.

Live timing was frozen because nothing went down the track the last hour.
    edited November 2018
    mmcc9000 wrote: »

They just said over the PA that there is no internet on the property and surrounding area. I dont know if that has anything to do with the fires west of here
  • de31168de31168 Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    NHRA's site says AllAccess is down due to wildfires, would make sense why live timing is gone too.
    edited November 2018
    I guess they didn't pay enough for a fiber ring or an uplink truck.
  • WillyWilly Administrator
    edited November 2018
    They just tweeted that it's up and "the quality may be affected".....

Both points are true.
  • oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member
    edited November 2018

It is even with all the fires and smog.
    edited November 2018
    Did Palmer bring Studezilla to the track ?

... oh yeah, I forgot about the fires.

iwut8z.jpg
    edited November 2018
    I didn't think we would see a 330+mph run the rest of the year and pow there it is. Way to go Blake!
  • SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    3.649 from Leah and the boys. This was not a track record as Clay ran 3.628 at the winter's
    edited November 2018
    Leah's run tonight might be up there as far as run of the year. Nearly ran 300mph at the 1/8 on the tougher track prep.
    edited November 2018
    Nearly ran 300mph at the 1/8
    For the first 300 1/4 mile, NHRA put up a $50,000 incentive for the driver/team that did it first. Bernstein said it was the last barrier in drag racing.

I wonder if they will do it again for the real last barrier. 299.13 is getting really close now.
  • SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    slugbelch wrote: »
    For the first 300 1/4 mile, NHRA put up a $50,000 incentive for the driver/team that did it first. Bernstein said it was the last barrier in drag racing.

I wonder if they will do it again for the real last barrier. 299.13 is getting really close now.

I do not see NHRA rewarding any performance barrier in this current climate. They want to slow the cars down.

I was lucky enough to see 2 of the 299s runs. One at Brainerd and one at Phoenix.

Runs of the year nominees:

Clay 3.628 at the Winter's
    Tony shoe 336 at Phoenix
    Courtney 3.83, 337 in the final at Phoenix
    Mark Pawuk 7.92 in FSS in St. Louis
    200 in PSB by little Hector at the Gators
    Franks 5.67 in PM with Mike driving.
    edited November 2018
    SWPMFAN wrote: »
    I do not see NHRA rewarding any performance barrier in this current climate.
    … yeah I know, they wont reward anybody for anything.
  • Western FlyerWestern Flyer Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    Who is tuning Millican this weekend?
  • anotheridiotanotheridiot Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    That might be one of the worse funny car fires in recent memory, hate to see it happen to anyone especially Terry Haddock

Why especially Terry Haddock? Every time out he is the one car expected to oil the track or wreck.
  • a21studa21stud Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    Why especially Terry Haddock? Every time out he is the one car expected to oil the track or wreck.

I'm old enough to remember when we thought that about John Force.

And yes, I know that Terry Haddock isn't "the next John Force".
    John "Brute Force" was a serious leaker for a long time.
  • HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    SWPMFAN wrote: »
    Franks 5.67 in PM with Mike driving.

LOL... Not taking anything away from Mike's driving abilities.... but I like the way your worded that.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.