Gray Seals 2018 PS Championship, Gets Event Win in NHRA Farewell

Gray Seals 2018 PS Championship, Gets Event Win in NHRA Farewell

Comments

• antdogbmxantdogbmx Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    NHRA really needs to look in the mirror. I do not care what anyone says, 2 years wins title and then leaves, to me this sheds a bad light on the sport., that is my opinion and I stand by it,
  • TwostepTwostep Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    antdogbmx wrote: »
    NHRA really needs to look in the mirror. I do not care what anyone says, 2 years wins title and then leaves, to me this sheds a bad light on the sport., that is my opinion and I stand by it,

Indeed, but I think Tanner ultimately has NASCAR on his mind not because of anything NHRA did. NASCAR has its issues and most everyone here prefers to go straight, but they have a national exposure that NHRA could never have. Besides, he really doesn't have much left to prove in Pro Stock.
  • DynoGrumpDynoGrump Senior Member
    edited November 2018

I've said the same thing also and I bet secretly the nhra management are not happy and considers this somewhat of a slight, that a young, well funded racer wins the championship and then ditches the sport for a 3rd tier nascar class. u can make the case gray is bored with pro stock, than why not move up to the nhra premier class (nitro) and remain in the NHRA
  • RVT1000RVT1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm guessing he feels his earnings potential has the best chances of growing with NASCAR.
  • antdogbmxantdogbmx Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    Wait you guys agree with me??????
  • FootbrakeFootbrake Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    I agree... They can lie to anyone, but you can't lie to the man in the mirror... ;)
  • HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    Twostep wrote: »
    e. Besides, he really doesn't have much left to prove in Pro Stock.

He's still young enough to beat WJ's championship record...... If the class lives so long.

Bye Tanner.
  • rognelson77rognelson77 Member
    edited November 2018
    Changes in the world have Hurt drag racing. Racers use to work on their own cars. Now most of it has become paid drivers that fill the fuel and Steer the car.
    not saying they are not good at their jobs.

Tanner loses interest because all he does is show up and go down the track for maybe 10 minutes total seat time. If you are not working on the car what do you do at the track, Video Games?

A big part of my interest in racing is working on my stuff and feeling the accomplishment of getting the car better. The younger generation are not allowed to work on their street cars because of insurance, emissions and inspections. Also new cars do not need tuneup every 12,000 miles

And most of the junior dragster are prebuilt and all they do is drive the dragster and do no work on it

And the most popular video game has over 100 million user with revenue over $1 billion dollars. How many NHRA tv viewers on average 500,000?
  • Tim CharletTim Charlet Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    well-b-ye.jpg

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.