Bill Litton Wins NHRA Rookie of the Year

Bill Litton Wins NHRA Rookie of the Year

Comments

• SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    No disrespect to Mr. Litton, but this award should have gone to Jeremy Ray.
  • oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    SWPMFAN wrote: »
    No disrespect to Mr. Litton, but this award should have gone to Jeremy Ray.

The don’t recognize pro mod, lol
  • BodymanBodyman Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    I was thinking that Ryan Oehler would win it ........ but they probably dont recognize psm either ;)
  • z28camaroz28camaro Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    Yvonne* wrote: »
    Nice feather in the cap for the Worsham's. No real outstanding rookie this year.
  • Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator
    edited November 2018
    This award is for Professional categories in the Mello Yello series only. Pro Mod is not a part of that series. Pro Stock Motorcycle is.

The other candidates in the rookie class were Kelly Clontz (Pro Stock Motorcycle), Steve Graham (Pro Stock), Kebin Kinsley (Top Fuel), Jim Maroney (Top Fuel), Ryan Oehler (Pro Stock Motorcycle), Mark Paquette (Pro Stock Motorcycle), Wally Stroupe (Pro Stock), Ron Tornow (Pro Stock Motorcycle), Terry Totten (Top Fuel), Richard Townsend (Funny Car) and Audrey Worm (Top Fuel).
  • oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    Yvonne* wrote: »
    This award is for Professional categories in the Mello Yello series only. Pro Mod is not a part of that series. Pro Stock Motorcycle is.

The other candidates in the rookie class were Kelly Clontz (Pro Stock Motorcycle), Steve Graham (Pro Stock), Kebin Kinsley (Top Fuel), Jim Maroney (Top Fuel), Ryan Oehler (Pro Stock Motorcycle), Mark Paquette (Pro Stock Motorcycle), Wally Stroupe (Pro Stock), Ron Tornow (Pro Stock Motorcycle), Terry Totten (Top Fuel), Richard Townsend (Funny Car) and Audrey Worm (Top Fuel).

That is a joke that pro mod isn’t. Mike Janis is a full time professional drag racer.
  • HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    oddyhahn wrote: »
    That is a joke that pro mod isn’t. Mike Janis is a full time professional drag racer.

True. But he's certainly no rookie even if P/M was considered for the ROTY award.
  • Tim CharletTim Charlet Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    Assuming that JFR is still planning on having Austin Prock making his pro debut next season, the battle between him and Jordan Vandergriff will be a good one for ROTY 19'
  • antdogbmxantdogbmx Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    HEMI_guy wrote: »
    True. But he's certainly no rookie even if P/M was considered for the ROTY award.

I think this has to do with the PST lawsuit I read that NHRA cant create another pro class. Just going by what I read.
  • antdogbmxantdogbmx Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    I think what sealed it for him was "upsetting" Leah 2 times this year
  • Eugene GrayEugene Gray Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    antdogbmx wrote: »
    I think what sealed it for him was "upsetting" Leah 2 times this year
    That is definitely a tough chore for anyone.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.