I must be blind

I must be blind

racer12306racer12306 Senior Member
edited November 2018 in NHRA
So I'm going to say this and just let this fly, because I'm sure it's going to explode.

Does Pro Stock look different than stock, yes. No one is going to debate that, but, is it really that different? The front end is obviously longer.

This is the first time that we've seen a FS and a PS that is painted the same so the color isn't a factor in this.

The is the closest I could find for angles of the cars being similar.

DSC_7674_3.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

Comments

• antdogbmxantdogbmx Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    Not blind at all, (just waiting for the pro camaro comments) :)
  • racer12306racer12306 Senior Member
    edited November 2018

This is just precious.

Silence speaks volumes.
  • FootbrakeFootbrake Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    racer12306 wrote: »

This is just precious.

Silence speaks volumes.

If you are looking for someone to argue with, you may have to try harder... :rolleyes:
  • Mac4264Mac4264 Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    Footbrake wrote: »
    If you are looking for someone to argue with, you may have to try harder... :rolleyes:

What engines do those two have in them. Can’t tell from the pictures. Lol.
  • V10KLZZ71SV10KLZZ71S Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    Camaros are just some the of the ugliest cars out right now. :D
  • rognelson77rognelson77 Member
    edited November 2018
    Pretty significant, do you see any light underneath the prostocker. That is what makes them look so different racing, Prostocker looks like a slot car and Stocker suspension is like a real car.

Can you see the rear tire on the prostocker?

Can you see left side tire smoke in the prostocker, no. check out the stocker

I know, details that is what makes them different
  • twintownterrortwintownterror Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    V10KLZZ71S wrote: »

I have heard that the 2019’s are getting post assembly line pre/post dealership delivered front end changes now after all the bad reactions/comments on social media. There is a one in my home town. I’ve seen it once. My wife says she has seen it once. We both agreed that it is ugly AF.
  • slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    I have heard that the 2019’s are getting post assembly line pre/post dealership delivered front end changes now after all the bad reactions/comments on social media. There is a one in my home town. I’ve seen it once. My wife says she has seen it once. We both agreed that it is ugly AF.
    http://forum.competitionplus.com/showpost.php?p=215986&postcount=3
  • TwostepTwostep Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    Obviously there's differences but not enough that requiring stock-configuration bodies in Pro Stock would have a major effect on the class, other than costing the begeezus out of the racers to convert over. Just my opinion.

Myself, I'd really like to see different brands but it doesn't look like the any-engine rule has or is going to accomplish much.
    edited November 2018

I don't like the big gaping grilles...seen a late model Lexus lately?.....but if sales are down 28%, I don't believe it can all be blamed on that front end. The interior is a MUCH bigger issue...it looks like it was pulled straight out of a base-model Spark....miles and miles of cheap looking plastic everywhere. Advantage: Mustang.
  • oldraceroldracer Member
    edited November 2018
    GM, with their current pricing, has made sure of two things. 1/ there won't be any good used buys down the road for younger, less affluent people to buy and get into the muscle car scene and 2/ like 2002 the Camaro will die again only this time it will die ugly.
    To add to that GM and Ford must be suffering from the same mental lapse, they've brought back 4 cylinder muscle cars, huh?? Do they not remeber how unpopular and poorly received the late 70's and early 80's version were. These are not lightweight sports cars where this might make sense, they are both overweight cars. 4 cyclinder power, turbo'd, is just an expensive bomb waiting to go off.
    All three, GM, Ford, and Dodge are tyring to max out profits on marketing hype alone. While all make better cars than their predecesors, none of them make a vehicle that justifies it's price tag. At the high end ZL1, Cobra, Hellcat, versions all add about 5-10% more manufacturing cost over a base model but sell at over double the price. Good deal if you can sell them but just don't make them ugly like the Camaro.:D
  • Dennis MDennis M Junior Member
    edited November 2018
    racer12306 wrote: »

This is just precious.

Silence speaks volumes.

I think the silence speaks volumes of the PS class itself. Everyone sees it's on its way out.

But to your question - the current PS cars look like a caricature of the real thing. The front end is significantly extended, and the droopy back end combined with the chopped roof make these look like racing teardrops.

Just my take on it...funny cars with doors is all.
  • alkysbcalkysbc Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    oldracer wrote: »
    To add to that GM and Ford must be suffering from the same mental lapse, they've brought back 4 cylinder muscle cars, huh?? Do they not remeber how unpopular and poorly received the late 70's and early 80's version were. These are not lightweight sports cars where this might make sense, they are both overweight cars. 4 cyclinder power, turbo'd, is just an expensive bomb waiting to go off.
    :D

My guess is Corperate Average Fuel Econonmy standards set forth by the federal government. With pickup's still being a major seller, yet one of the least efficient, something else in the fleet has to bring up the average. If I want to sell a pickup that only knocks down 15 mpg on the highway, I need to sell 2-3 vehicles that offer 25-35 mpg so I don't get taxed/fined. Im sure they are not the top sellers, but remember there are a number of folks that buy vehicles strictly for looks. If I were in this category, and could purchace the "same" car for much less, and get better mileage, I'm, happy. To my way of thinking, if this allows the manufacturers to build the 700 hp monsters on market today, and the variety of pickups offered, so be it.
  • 8secstreetcar8secstreetcar Junior Member
    edited November 2018
    V10KLZZ71S wrote: »

I just dislike the newer 5th gen body style. They are just ugly cars! To see a whole field of really ugly cars just sucks!
  • StockerGTPStockerGTP Member
    edited November 2018
    I just dislike the newer 5th gen body style. They are just ugly cars! To see a whole field of really ugly cars just sucks!

It is actually the 6th gen body now.
  • bayouboy25bayouboy25 Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    Mac4264 wrote: »
    What engines do those two have in them. Can’t tell from the pictures. Lol.

The difference isn't the engine, it's the fact that FSS has three competitive brands and PS has one... That's all that matters to the casual fan. They want the Ford to kick some Chevy ass and vice versa while the Dodge guy weeps in a corner. ;)
    edited November 2018
    bayouboy25 wrote: »
    The difference isn't the engine, it's the fact that FSS has three competitive brands and PS has one... That's all that matters to the casual fan. They want the Ford to kick some Chevy ass and vice versa while the Dodge guy weeps in a corner. ;)

You came over here from Yellow Bullet, didn't you? :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.