RICKIE SMITH HOLDS COURT

Comments

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

Good read. Its not a stretch to say that NHRA is and will likely remain a blower culture, period. I like blower cars too but there is considerable favoritism.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

Gimme a break. How many events has Chad Green qualified @2 at?

• oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member

Agree there are too many Camaro body styles.

Did Rickie get the torque converter set up for the nitrous cars.

yes, he's got the lock-up. And he whined and cried about being "forced" into that too.

edited July 1

a current pro mod racer at his shop told me some things prior to the season about rickie. Racing dirt you call it. Lol

• I guarantee he was not “forced” into that. He had a lockup 2 years before Nhra made them legal.

I’m actually really surprised that he and Petty haven’t struck gold yet. Thought that was going to be a sure thing. But maybe it’s like he says, Petty has too many irons in the fire...? Plus I personally don’t think Rickie really likes being in a turbo car.

Yeah... Matusek was supposed to be hitting it out of the ballpark with his dream team too,

Ricky not liking being in a turbo car? lol.... Say it ain't so! Maybe he'll like a blower car better!

• SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member

RS sounded a little whiny, but this is his job. His comments about the Camaro is spot on.

BB:

Why did you not ask him about the 959 that everybody else uses except NHRA? Wouldn't this solve the HP issue?

I think I heard that NHRA is being loyal to 905 guys and that why the 959 is not in NHRA. Everybody racing nitrous in NHRA is a Musi customer except Bob Raham. Musi supplies a lot of the 959s. This would open up NHRA to the Pro Nitrous starts of the PDRA.

I cought the tail end of the interview with Kevin Rivenbark at the the PDRA race last weekend. The part of the interview I heard, Kevin said that he thinks the pro charger will be approved by NHRA for 2020 competition.

A 959 rule might open the door for other races that already run them.

There’s an argument for variety of body styles but do you see Rickie building a ‘53 Stude? Hasn’t happened yet and for good reason. You’re asking racers in the most challenging class on suspension to make it even harder on themselves. Pretty tough sell trust me.

No Stude but I like the Stang!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.