ARP Question of The Week: "Is it time for a body rule in NHRA Pro Mod?"

ARP Question of The Week: "Is it time for a body rule in NHRA Pro Mod?"

Comments

• luxexpressluxexpress Senior Member

How about adding a choice of older body style with weight breaks vs new?

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
    edited July 3

I can;t cast a vote in this. I don't want it to remain as it is, and I don't want it to be all pre - '71. My only concern is the same body being by the majority of teams. Lack of variety sucks. And "pre-'71" would not solve this.

• FootbrakeFootbrake Senior Member
    edited July 3

I agree with Hemi. Also I would like to see the parity monitored a little more closely.

I don't know enough about each power adder to give or offer an opinion on a possible solution.

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

The rules already have a weight break for older body styles instituted in 2017. 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s get a 50 lbs break. Nobody took them up on that. Incidentally, other organizations have the same weight break and how many 41 Willy’s do you see competing? Not many and there’s sound reasoning behind it too.

• Everyone needs to go back and look at the history of Pro mod. Ed Hoover won the first ever national event in a late model camaro. Tim McAmis won the championship the same year in a late model trans am. Hahn and Oddy won in both old and new bodies, as did Scotty. I think Mike Ashley had a Chevy Lumina when he won. Pro mod has never been old bodies only. It needs to stay that way!!!

• oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member

Oddy had 37 Chevy along with many vettes. It would be interesting to see what he would run today. I would think a vette.

I wasn't aware of that. I knew IHRA did something similar. Maybe make it like 76 - 100 pounds! This still wouldn't address the issue of the majority of team running the same body. Anyone remember '63 split window vettes being the body of choice?

Firebirds as well

The irony here is that Rickie has built more Camaros and Vettes than probably anybody. LOL I think people forget that this is 1/4 mile racing. Nobody wants to try to push a brick through the air nor would it be smart safety-wise in my opinion at 250mph. I’ve been 236 and let me say the top end is serious business.

I can’t remember smith having a corvette.

I like his new Mustang. He'll probably sell it now that he got his way.

Early 2000's. Got a pic from 2005 but I can't get my computer to post pictures. Oy......tech stuff.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.