The Camaro Cancelled.!?

The Camaro Cancelled.!?

Comments

• oldraceroldracer Member

The bad news is they expect to sucker someone into paying for the ugly looking thing. To guote the article "Then again, with an MSRP of $71,295, customers are certainly paying for it." For real, this ugly mug probably only cost a few grand more than the V6 car when you look at true production costs. Exclusivety costs, yes, but I imagine for the people the muscle cars were originally built for, these things from GM, Ford, and Dodge are pretty much a non starter. Maybe in the sunny south where you could use it all year, but a large part of the population live where winter and road salt exists and these things become garage queens for 6 months of the year and the winter beater takes over. Oh well

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

I have yet to see a Z28 on the street. I see at least two Hellcats a week. And I've seen them driven in the winter.

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member
    edited July 12

The Future of Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger: What We Know

Automobile Magazine Todd Lassa 3 hrs ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-sports/the-future-of-camaro-mustang-and-challenger-what-we-know/ar-AAEeTOh?ocid=spartanntp

• oldraceroldracer Member

OK so let's sumarize the article, Ford has a plan that might work out, Dodge has a stable platform only because the Fiat side of the company can't agree on anything and the rest of the company has left it alone, and GM is letting their accountants design the Camaro out of business to finance a Corvette that will sell a few units. So one has a solid business plan, one by luck hasn't yet been able to mess with a good thing, and one may be looking for a handout again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.