Checking one off the bucket list and going to Indy (finally)

Checking one off the bucket list and going to Indy (finally)

enraehenraeh Senior Member

Any words of advice or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for anything anyone would be willing to suggest!

Comments

• SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member
    edited July 4

Congrats.

I went to Indy in 88, 89, 90. One year all the records were broken in TF on Monday, but we only stayed through Sunday. One year Darrell Gwyen and Dick LaHaie raced in the final. One year Force burnt down multiple bodies. One year The Snake swept the Big Bud and the race. Set the record. Pat Austin was very young.

Can't give you you current info but if I went back I would buy Top Elimantor seats.

My Dad won't go back.

• Racn1320Racn1320 Senior Member

Top eliminator is great,def the way to go.

• mossybackmossyback Senior Member

Yes, the Top Eliminator section is great and highly recommended. Also, the campgrounds at night are epic and greatly add to the atmosphere of the event.

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member

Go to the Indy 500 museum. They may have a drag car or two on display like when I went

• enraehenraeh Senior Member

Thanx to all who responded! I've got TEC tix and plan to see the Indy museum and the Dallara tour on Thursday then Cruz Ped open house that night. Friday DSR open house, then the race track all day every day until catching the plane late Monday. I may never get to go again and I want to see and do as much as I can.

Again thank you for the info. I'll post some pics afterwards

• DragFan2DragFan2 Senior Member

Sounds like you have a great bucket list being filled there. :-)

• Good luck then.

• dragracingfan1dragracingfan1 Senior Member

I would spend Thursday at the track watching 160+ Stockers battling in Class Eliminations, and I would spend Friday at the track watching 160+ Super Stockers battling in Super Stock Class Eliminations incuding the Hemi Challenge. Also Friday is the first session for the Pros and the first session for the Factory Stock Showdown. If you are going to attend Indy, spend your time at the track; not at a museum or an open house. Just my 2 cents.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

I agree about the open houses. Been to them once and found they weren't worth missing the HEMI Challenge and Pro qualifying for. If I were to go to the open houses, I would pick just one (DSR) and get there as early as you can and spend as little time at it then get to the track. At least with your Top E package you get to park fairly close to your seats.

• enraehenraeh Senior Member

Yes, I'm beginning to think I will skip the museum and Dallara and go see what I really came to see-drag racing TF and FC and fast street cars. Got to see DSR though, want to see the CNC and various milling machines. Also want to ask about cylinder head volume measurement. Are the measurements still taken with liquid and a burette or with a laser. Haven't messed with that for a long while. Maybe you guys know?

• SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member
    edited July 12

Go to the museum if rains out one day.

Dad and I drove all night one year from MSP and it was raining when we got parked. Woke up a few hours later and rain was almost up the bumper of the car. Went to museum and took a shuttle around the track. Went back and saw racing later that afternoon and evening .

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.